• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Insufflating Oxycodone IR capsules

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hi.

I'm currently prescribed 120mg of Oxycodone Immediate Release capsules daily for chronic nerve pain due to a trauma accident. I normally take 30mg orally every 4 hours, but I was wondering what it would be like if I emptied one of the caps and snorted it? Would I get a better effect? I'm from the UK and the brand name for my Oxycodone capsules are called Shortec. Thanks.

This is a case where you will just have to try it; BA% is about the same, however peak plasma levels are higher with intranasal administration, and it hits a LOT faster-Tmax 1-2hrs P.O., vs <25 minutes for intranasal

So sure, give it a shot-although depending on size of capsules, may be a lot of powder

Recommend half in one nostril, half in the other

And t1/2 is the same, although analgesia may wear off a bit faster - Ok luck to ya OP

it depends what kind of pain you are in. If it's chronic pain that you deal with pretty much non-stop then I would stick with oral 4 x a day. If you having severe pain that just flares up occasionally then an intranasal dose would give you higher plasma levels (for a short time) which may be enough to get it under control. But honestly, taking these orally is a lot safer. Snorting, smoking or injecting makes it easier to get addicted.

Oral is the way to go really, unless you need fast onset.

^ For some people BA% is higher intranasal, and plasma levels are higher, and t1/2 the same; there isn’t a big flaw with simply trying it, other than liking it too much, which actually could turn bad

one study put PO at 59%, intranasal at 74%_so it variess
nonetheless, with chronic pain would stick with taking them by mouth, if intranasal works, you ca occasionally snort one or two for breakthrough pain; if it is superior, well, that is on you

It was serious, the technical aspect isn't my strong suit.

^ Well together then we can rule BL-WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAAAAA

It is mine-people should join us now-T Calderone, Keif, Jekly, CFC, Tacodude, BRB, a couple of others am forgetting

OF COURSE SCROFULA-He wouldn't leave me out, or you
Certainly not, no, never

Your rectum mucosa is specifically designed to absorb liquids so the plugging method toothpaste dog does works.

^Yes, however w/ oxycodone it is the opposite of snorting; it results in a delayed onset, yet extended duration; it is the only ROA that alters oxycodone by making it a bit longer;

Unfortunately it can also lower plasma levels, though again the effect is prolonged

And BA% is still gonna average around 50% or simmYeah, it works though, just not like people think

Thanks for the replies. I snorted 60mg. Halved it in 2 lines for both nostrils. It did kick in much quicker but wore off much quicker too. As for effects it wasn't much different from taking it orally. So not worth it tbh I was quite disappointed. The only reason why I would want to snort it is if I'm on a full stomach and need it to kick in quickly.

^ Yep hit or miss, some
lpvs
it, though general PO is the way to go
Thanjs for tellingly how it wentt

Plus the taste of it dripping down your throat sort of ruins the high. One more question.. Is 120mg daily a lot? I've been on Oxycodone IR for nearly 2 years now and I've never had problems with it other than increasing doses due to tolerance, but yeah I totally understand the abuse potential. I suppose people with genuine chronic pain have an incentive not to abuse their oxys as they'll run out early and your pain will come back and not to the mention the withdrawals.

^It’s a moderate-high dose, like ~200mg morphine

Actually it is pretty high, then some people get(or got) oxy 80mg 2-3x per day, and breakthrough

Former associate got 4.5 foxy 30’s per day, and 30mg morphine for breakthrough, and someelse got 450 Roxie 30’s every 2-3 months; then you have 150mg morphine tablets, and Opana, which is 1.5-2x as potent as oxy by mouth

So it is relative

There is a lot of info about potentiators and secondary medications and tolerance break, take a check around :)

^It’s a moderate-high dose, like ~200mg morphine

Actually it is pretty high, then some people get(or got) oxy 80mg 2-3x per day, and breakthrough

Former associate got 4.5 foxy 30’s per day, and 30mg morphine for breakthrough, and someelse got 450 Roxie 30’s every 2-3 months; then you have 150mg morphine tablets, and Opana, which is 1.5-2x as potent as oxy by mouth

So it is relative

There is a lot of info about potentiators and secondary medications and tolerance break, take a check around :)

Wow they're some crazy high dosages! I couldn't take that much opioids as I suffer a lot from constipation. I've got a second operation on my arm coming up, I've got peripheral neuropathy. I've got a feeling my dosage might need to go up after it if the procedure doesn't work. 160mg daily might be on the cards.

Part of a problem with those IR oxy caps is powder falling out of one's nose. So ideally, drip in some water now and then (boiled first, to ensure that anything nasty like Naegleria infection cannot result [an extremely rare but due to this, the need for extremely rapid surgical treatment, the occasional case that does happen through nasal douching or swimming in and inhaling contaminated water; tends to be very fatal very quickly, its really uncommon, but the little bastards are basically brain-devouring amoebae that use the olfactory nerve as a motorway, the olfactory bulb as a pit stop to snack on, before they go eat the rest, which needless to explain, isn't the healthiest of things to have happen to a person whilst they are still alive)

Also plugging works faster assuming a non-constipated, empty arsehole (as opposed to the constipated type, who is just about managing the US presidency at the current interregnum) without turds to suck it up (again, you can tell your own from president Trump quite easily, due to the lack of suck-up-turds floating around the arsehole).

Dripping boiled (not boilING of course=D) water up there and snorting a few drops helps stop it ending up as clogs and remaining unabsorbed. Or alternatively you could sell them to hobos on the streets to eat for a few tenners=D (no, I'm not actually like that
I've had friends who were homeless before)

That particular brand btw does work, at least as well as it ought to, hasn't got any anti-tampering crap in them.
*leans back and sniffs a few myself*