• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

lorazepam and mdma?

Inds

Bluelighter
I requested a quick-onset chill pill from my doc and he gave me a week's supply of loras. It definitely works. My boss went from lecturing me to being pleased with my performance. But it saddens me that this shit is addictive with retard-inducing effects. But that made me wonder if this is suitable for rolling and preventing the freakouts that usually occur before and during the comeup? Could this chill pill relax me enough to the point that I could finally roll again without devolving into panic attacks?

Also while on lorazepam I noticed it feels good to run my fingers thru my hair. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just my imagination?

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine (benzo) similar to what xanax is (just to give a clarification of relatability, not so much similiar benzos). Yes it is addictive and how you put it, has "retard-inducing" effects. I question how you were able to request this and receive a short term supply but that doesnt relate to your question.

It would definitely help with your anxiety but would also lessen the roll. If your getting anxiety during the come up and peak there might be other issues, what do you dose? Where are you? Who you with? In any case yes it will help but make the roll less intense as an experience which some will say, and they are right, is a waste of a trip/roll. I always have a few beers when I am rolling so that was never an issue for me. However, I was being a little silly once and took 2mg of alprazalam with 90mg of 2cb(which is an insane dose). So they basically cancel each other out, like your situation, but I had an amazing time. No anxiety with the mega dose and just patterns and shapes in my vision ;)

So anyway, ya it will help but really not the greatest idea. Like I said, post your details of your last roll and why your had a bad time.

When your on benzos, theres a lot of weird things that can happen, running hands through hair is great, but while rolling its amazing haha.

Please do not drive while taking your lorazepam, even though you think your good, your not:)

March 2017, took 250mg molly, had a bad trip and suicidal hangover the next day. But I was not deterred.
April 2017, took 110mg, had a good trip and an afterglow the next 2 days. It was wonderful. Happiest time of my life.
June 2017, took 110mg while sick, had a bad bad trip and spent the next few hours dealing with violent mood swings, chest pain and shortness of breath. It was hell and very traumatic.
September 2017, took 75mg, did not roll at all but it didn't stop me from freaking out for over an hour after swallowing the pill until I finally calmed down... and realized I wasn't rolling.
For all those occasions I was home alone.

I was driving power equipment at work while under lora's spell. No problems occurred. But I accept your advice. Honestly, I've had a lot more accidents at work while I was on buspirone.
And I know how amazing it feels to run my fingers thru my hair during a roll, which is why I found it weird that lora is giving me a similar effect. It's not very intense of course but I think it's there.

How much would lora or xanax dull the roll? Half?

Few things, 250mg is a pretty large dose, pretty much the highest dose anyone should take. IMO 150-200mg is ideal, and if needed, 50-100mg booster after a few hours, which will make the come down much worse and doesnt really add to the initial roll. Redosing mdma is definitely accepted but not worth it. But you didnt re dose, good, not sure why you decided on a 250mg bomb, that come up would have anybody shaking in their shoes;)

To your point, I dont understand how you can have bad trips on mdma, flushing your brain with serotonin should only bring positivity, however, I see it often here that people have bad experiences with it. I cannot relate, or help, except for advising you to take smaller dosages as I described.

Your last question is dependent on many factors. When did you take your last dose? How many mg?

Good luck friend.

I know I overdosed the first time but what can I say, it was my first and I didn't know any better, plus I thought the pills were bunk because of how cheap I got them but they are in fact pure mdma. No, I didn't redose ever.

As for how can someone have bad trips on mdma, use your head. It is a very powerful stimulant. When someone naturally prone to anxiety and paranoia takes a stimulant, what do you think happens? It makes their anxiety way worse. All this negative shit that gets amplified cancels all the positive effects. You have to already be happy and in a good mood. When you're a cynical, antisocial person like me who despises everyone, stimulants amplify all these feelings. This is why I prefer downers.

I took 1mg lora yesterday right before work but that wasn't my question. I was wondering about popping a lora and molly at the same time.
Also how does Xanax compare to lorazepam? A quick lookup doesn't highlight warnings about it causing cognitive retardation like it does about lorazepam so with any luck I could persuade my doc to switch me over to zannies.

You should probably stop using benzos. Use my head? How about you understand what your talking about before typing nonsense. Powerful stimulant? MDMA is not a stimulant, its an empathogen/entheogen, thats like saying lsd is a stimulant, yes they are both stimulating, but not true stimulants. Pure MDMA is actually flooring, you could sit on a couch during the entire ride and be completely content. Try taking a true stimulant, meth/amph and sitting still for 5 mins. Now if you got mdma that was cut/had weird byproducts, then you can get true stimulation from it, not ideal and in that case I understand the bad time.

And you answered your own question, stop taking mdma if it doesnt work with you, dont try to force the drug on yourself.

Xanax (alprazolam) is the king of benzos, extremely potent, quick acting, good buzz. These attributes also make it addicting and dangerous. Alp will cause much, much more of your cognitive retardation than lorazepam. Xanax isnt a drug to take daily or even semi regularly. Its primary use is for panic attacks. I highly doubt your doc will switch you but seeing that he gave you a benzo pretty easily who am I to say? I would recommend against it.

Increases blood pressure? Check. Increases alertness? Check. Sleep-suppressant? Check. Makes your pupils huge? Check. Fits all the criteria for a stimulant. Yes, it's a stimulant with empathogenic effects. The only reason it has empathogenic effects in the first place is because it makes your body release a little more oxytocin. Its primary effect is promoting the much more massive release of serotonin which has nothing to do with empathy.

It's not ideal but it's the only empathogen I can get my hands on so what can I say? And it is pure mdma, I did tests.

Thanks for the advice on xanax, I will stay away from it. But how much will 1mg lora dull a roll? Significantly? Is it ok to pop both pills together or do I need to wait a few minutes?

Sorry sir but you are uninformed and simply just not correct. Your statement that mdma empathy effect is solely from oxytocin is just wrong. A google search will bring forth many scientific studies that demonstrate oxytocin boosters alone brings forth next to nothing in terms of empathogenic effects. Serotonin has nothing to do with empathy? Really? What does it do then in the mdma experience? Serotonin is massively responsible for the feelings that are brought forth.

Non stimulants that fit your criteria as stimulants, not including mdma and definitely missing some chemicals:

Increase blood pressure? Marijuana, lsd, 2c-x series, psyclobin, many, many other chems.

Increased alertness? Really? Alert to what? MDMA does not make you alert, if anything it makes you oblivious.

Sleep suppressant? Any drug is sleep suppressing, of course besides opiates and benzos/barbs, which are sleep inducing by MOA.

Makes your pupils huge? Again what? Mydriasis (pupil dialation) is caused by, in terms of using drugs, by a sudden very high increase of serotonin. Stimulation is caused by dopamine influx. Many (if not all) drugs effect both neurotransmitters just in different amounts, causing there different effects. When stimulant chems are causing mydriasis, the user is dosing much too high and is experiencing some intense stimulation.

Stimulant with empathogeic effects? Highly disagree, however, I would say its an empathogen with some stimulant effect, very different statements :) Stay safe.

Before we continue the subthread, am I safe to pop lora and molly in the same cup?

Brings forth next to nothing? Dude, I slammed pure oxytocin (the synthetic brand at least). It was very calming and nice. More calming than lorazepam. Unlike mdma there was no speedy effects either. The hallmark of the opposite of a stimulant. Sadly the product was spoiled because it wasn't kept cool. It's why I resorted to ecstasy. No storage problems.

No, serotonin has nothing to do with empathy otherwise SSRIs would make you all huggy and lovey which they don't. Surprise surprise. What does serotonin do in a roll? It makes you feel super happy. Without the greater oxytocin release, that's all you'd feel. No lovey feelings, just a meth high.

All those drugs you listed are stimulants except marijuana and so what? Drugs are classified by the ultimate resulting effect. Alcohol starts off as a stimulant but ends as a depressant which is what it's known as. If a drug keeps you awake, it's a stimulant, if it makes you sleep, it's a depressant. Simple.

Increased alertness? Really? Alert to what?

Abnormally fast reflexes perhaps? Super(oh god, that word again)stimulated? You realize we're discussing an amphetamine right?

Sleep suppressant? Any drug is sleep suppressing

Name me a single downer that causes wakefulness, lol. You already figured it out anyway. Opiates, benzos and barbs are all downers.

Mydriasis (pupil dialation) is caused by, in terms of using drugs, by a sudden very high increase of serotonin

Or adrenaline, or any kind of (how many times have I typed this word so far?) ..... stimulation. Excited? Big pupils. In love? Big pupils. Afraid? Big pupils. Scared to death? Mydriasis.

Your making me laugh man. Oxytocin is a hormone! You cannot feel it by injection. Maybe some calming effects but nothing alarming, takes time to build.

You just compared ssris to mdma? You are daft. Not even worth the time to explain.

If you get fast reflexes from mdma re check your gear man.

Safe to use a benzo with mdma? Very safe, just dont overdue the mol. Of course in this case, I would recommend you dont take any more drugs, because you are lacking any knowledge on either of these chems. Stay safe!

If you get fast reflexes from mdma re check your gear man.

Hyperreflexia is a documented effect of mdma in any textbook. Look it up, Greenlighter.

And thanks. I'm responsible enough to not make the same mistake twice. I will never take more than 1.5mg per KG.

I would recommend you dont take any more drugs, because you are lacking any knowledge on either of these chems

The funny thing about this knowledge is that I experienced it firsthand with pure mdma tested with 6 different reagents.
This will always override your staunch delusion that molly has no speedy effects which can seriously fuck people up.

Haha keep using google to post your posts. Using the term "molly" just further lessens your argument. Good luck kid.

So much hostility, you need some more ecstasy to love ya up a little bit, Mr. 46 posts. :)

Yes it is safe to take lorazepam or other benzos in moderate while rolling but remember to moderate your alcohol intake if you drink it during your rolls.

No interactions between benzos and MDMA but benzos will take some edge off from MDMA (and some even like it that way).

There are no particular interactions. It will lessen the anxiety of the MDMA and you may be more likely to black out, or experience other common side effects of the benzo (lethargy etc), but that is certainly not a given.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping it will only lessen the speedy effects and not the loved up feelings but at this point I'm not gonna complain. If I come back to bluelight all glowing and happy, i'm gonna feel very accomplished, lololol.
I don't drink alcohol so that's out of the way.

About blacking out, do you mean passing out or being widely awake but having no memory of it? The latter happened during my E overdose and possibly during the good trip as well. I was on Skype with my friend and there was a huge 2-hour gap in the messages during the roll.

About blacking out, do you mean passing out or being widely awake but having no memory of it? The latter happened during my E overdose and possibly during the good trip as well. I was on Skype with my friend and there was a huge 2-hour gap in the messages during the roll.

Both. You could potentially fall asleep, or you you could be awake with no memory. The latter is pretty common with MDMA, especially at high dose. If this happens, try taking less, or just enjoying it for the moment. Really though, 1mg lorazepam isn't too much, and I can't imagine most people falling asleep on it when they have a stimulant on their system.

I don't think it will decrease the loved up feelings but people differ on this. I'm not sure if it's something that people just say without any direct experience.

Last edited:
I'm taking 1mg lorazepam, are you saying I need 10?

I don't think it will decrease the loved up feelings but people differ on this. I'm not sure if it's something that people just say without any direct experience.

Perfect. I'll be sure to report my experience honestly, as you know I always do.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I still have my playlist from june of last year ready plus the kickass lights I have installed since then. I've never danced while rolling despite doing it 3 times so I wanna try that. Showering was awesome before but that's gonna be out next time due to danger of overheating plus I don't wanna be anywhere near the mirror, lol.

My browser is outdated so those links did not go through but I'll download that set and add it to my collection. I actually don't think the peak will last long enough to get thru my entire playlist so I might have to split it between multiple rolls.

People always say benzos blunt x drug so don't mix them, but honestly, I think they just take the anxious edge off.

Your input gave me great relief. Thanks. But I still need to know how much of it to take. 1mg lora was enough to calm my general anxiety down so I could be more productive at work (I did not notice any difference in my behavior but I have low self-awareness in general) but I wonder if that would be enough to take the much more dramatic apprehension off when I swallow the E pill. On the other hand, 10mg lorazepam sounds seriously excessive, do I really need that much?