• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recruitment Moderator Recruitment Thread v. February 2018: Team SL Needs Your Help!

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Greetings SLers,

As 2018 kicks into gear, we are looking to build the support staff community in SL. It's been such a pleasure being a part of this community, personally and professionally, and it's a pleasure to offer that opportunity to others. If you have benefited from your time in SL, on BL or are passionate about harm reduction and recovery, please consider applying.

Sober Living (SL) seeks a dedicated, enthusiastic person to join the team and help moderate the forum.

In your application it would be handy to note the following:

* Your location
* The amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* Any particular interests you have being a moderator in Sober Living and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator
* Any experiences or skills you have that would be of benefit to the forum
* Ideas for improvements and/or activities or threads to add to our forum
* Why you are interested in Sober Living
* Any additional information you would like to include

Some of the necessary tasks expected of a moderator:

* to be an active contributor to the forum, to build forum content, add discussion, and to provide level headed advice in a place of non-judgment
* check all forum threads for violations of BLUA and forum guidelines and enforce our rules
* respond to reports on threads in Sober Living
* edit, merge, move threads to appropriate forums, modify posts as required
* other general forum responsibilities

Please PM your application to the moderators of Sober Living:

simco, cj, herbavore, Captain.Heroin, and toothpastedog

Since the Recovery Forums deal with members who are in need of support in the area of mental health and addiction, it's important that moderators are able to check their designated forum on a daily basis, reply to threads, reported posts, and perform other basic moderator duties. How committed can you be to the forums? By achieving the goal of consistent moderator activity and participation, we can ensure that our members needs are met, and continue making Bluelight the community we love.

Thanks in advance to all who apply!

Please submit your applications by midnight PST March 16th, 2018.

We value the input of all members and moderators in different stages of use and recovery regardless of their philosophy or background. Posting history and support offered to others will also be considered in the selection process. If you feel like you'd be a good addition to the team, by all means please apply! :)

Feel free to ask any questions! The only stupid questions are those you don't ask.

I hope D's applies. He really has come along way and been sober for ages. Also really great guy.

Thanks for that bits, tubbs is very busy trying to keep himself sober atm, otherwise he would apply.

I agree with tath though, D's would be a great fit.

Tubbs too......
Pfft I'm a Tubbs fan!

The.Cleveland.Show.S04E14.jpg

I know right? Queen of words and all that jazz
On a serious note Tubbs you make me smile daily and very few people do

:D

so glad the Russian election hackers story broke on CNN (wake me when they indict Comey or Trump). It was painful to watch the other story (crying about a lack of gun control).

going to switch up to SVU in 10 mins when it's on.

Lol thank bits for that, I needed an avatar, she showed me this. So now half us mods have cats lol.