• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Help handling prescription narcotics

AmysPillBox

Greenlighter
Hey everybody ,
so im hoping i could better explain my concerns about harm reduction and the way i used my meds
started getting these medications due to a Back injury that happened 6 months ago.

my daily doses as prescribed by my doc are :
1) percocet 10 X 2 = 20 mg Oxycodone + 650 mg Paracetamol
2) valium 5 X 2 = 10mg diazepam

ive had days that i felt i could handle without the Percocets or Valium..
so i started taking less on days my pain felt controllable
and on days i had some pain i thought i might as well look into the recreational ways
ya know if im already in pain thought why not get a little buzz out of these bad boys
i would take a double dose of oxy or Valium

then i tried snorting percocet the APAP was just to much for my nasal cavity
but i loved the Oxy high
i woukd crush them up , CWE , parachuting
also i have tons of other painkillers containing
opioids of different strength (Tramadol, Fentanyl)
but the only one i have take pretty much every other day is percocet.

defiantly my choice of opioid.
about the Valium i would just take them orally
long story short
about 2 weeks ago my doctor gave me Lyrica 75mg
and told me to start increasing my dose until i get to
300mg pregabalin a day and stay there

as of right now i feel like the lyrica works great for my pain but i still find my self taking
about 35-50 mg Oxycodone 15-20mg diazepam every day with the 300 mg Pregabalin

im not in pain every day anymore but still keep on taking the percocets and valium just to have a buzz..
got pretty scared reading about opiate and benzo Withdrawal
because im feeling dependent on them..and the amount i take to get the recreational effects just keep going up

would lyrica have some rec potential? and how do i decrease opiate and benzo tolerance ?

and how do i decrease opiate and benzo tolerance ?

You have to stop taking them for a long time.

Also, the longer you use escalating doses of opioids for recreation, the less effective they will be at stopping pain.

There used to be a belief that switching opioids would help more with the pain. I have actually found this to be very true about myself about the pain. I even get a little buzz when I took them as prescribed for little while after I was switched. . Every time I switch opioids, as long as they’re in equivalent doses as the one before, they seem to work better. But truly the only way to lower your tolerance is to stop them completely. What I have done is go down a quarter of my dose for each dose I take for three days. And I go down another quarter for three days and then the third quarter for three days. After that I start lessening the amount of doses I take. You shouldn’t have withdrawals this way. I was under a doctors direction, that is how I learned how to do it safely without much issue. If you find yourself going into withdrawal take more days in between going down. But again, you should probably talk to a doctor you trust about it. I spoke to my internist rather than my pain doctor. Because I did not want my pain doctor to start prescribing me meds. Since I knew I needed them for the pain.

. What I have done is go down a quarter of my dose for each dose I take for three days. And I go down another quarter for three days and then the third quarter for three days. After that I start lessening the amount of doses I take. You shouldn’t have withdrawals this way. I was under a doctors direction, that is how I learned how to do it safely without much issue. If you find yourself going into withdrawal take more days in between going down.

could you give me an example?
so if my tolerance is at 30 mg oxycodone to kinda feel it working good and or getting me buzzed
take that dose for 3 days then 20mg oxy for 3 days then 10mg oxy for 3 days ? untill i get to my desired tolerance?
sounds like a pain to keep track of but i guess its better then cold turkey lol

^ Well you have access to Tramadol, a mild opioid, a day or two of that and oxy would feel golden...

Then you have fentanly, which is fucking strong

So a lot of options-search around and you?ll learn something, probably

Nice that you are back, Amy, or her sentient box; was wondering about you