• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine one weekend, alcohol the next?

wheaters

Bluelighter
So! For the past say 2-4 weeks ive been taking cocaine + alcohol (may be cheap coke/speed) once a week which i now understand causes this cocathylene build up.

Being that last saturday (now 5 days ago) was the last time i done cocaine + alcohol i had maybe 3-4 bumps. I was wandering if drinking just alcohol today would be ok? Im often spending days after feeling pains and fast heart rates etc but i also have huge anxiety and paranoia about my health ironically. :) read too many stories of sudden death!, etc.

Thanks all <3

Hey there fellow kitty cat! ;)

Yes you'll be fine. You need cocaine in the blood to form cocaethylene.

Bear in mind that alcohol alone increases (acutely) the heart rate for many. But having anxiety and paranoia can do the same as well.

Although cocaethylene isn't healthy, occasional recreational mixing of alcohol and cocaine isn't likely to cause sudden cardiac failure unless you have a serious pre-existing heart condition.

Ha great minds think alike!

Thanks alot for the advice, i think i just got paranoid over one study that found cocaethylene can stay in the body for up too a week! I thought however this couldnt be due to alcohol or cofeine etc leave the body within a couple days also how many times i have done this previously...

Millions also do this combo 2-3 times a week for years but hey! Once the paranoia hits you talk yourself into being convinced about a lot of crazy things. :)

i just got paranoid over one study that found cocaethylene can stay in the body for up too a week!

Yeah you gotta be careful when trying to understand studies. I'm sure that if you're a heavy, chronic, daily user of cocaine and alcohol, it's possible that you may still have a trace of cocaethylene detectable in the urine after some days. However in acute use (the way most take it - weekends, the odd session here and there) the half-life is generally considered to be about 2.5 hours. Which means (for our purposes) that within about 12 hours it's gone.

Last edited:
Its neither ok nor not ok but it is dangerous which you know already. You are having chest pains and fast HR. It isn't paranoia to listen to your body. BTW, the mix increaeses your risk of sudden death by 20 fold.

Yeah, ive now seen. Dont worry staying clear of the cocaine now! :) just alcohol for me thanks! IMHO it was most likely some stepped on amphetamine anyway!

But yeah, weekends over im all good so heres to looking forward :D and be glad i avoided any harm.