• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to get rid of morning and day fatigue? (Supplements?)

MilanHausnerFan

Bluelighter
Hello, Bluelight!

I have long-term problem with fatigue in the morning, right after waking up, and also with falling asleep during the day, mainly when I'm at school. I use to sleep about 7 hours during the night, however sometimes, when I sleep less - 5-6 hours, I'm not so tired during the day, but sometimes this doesn't make any change, no matter how long I sleep. My sleep is good, I don't wake up during the night and the deep sleep phase take about 40% of the sleep (according to Mi Band).
My tiredness/fatigue vanish after about 4-5 hours of being awake, so in the afternoon I usually feel well.

I tried few supplements to solve this:
Melatonine before sleep - doesn't really affect anything. Maybe I can fall asleep easier, but the quality of the sleep is same and there are no effects on the next day.
Rhodiola Rosea in the morning - I used to take this herb (extract in pills) some time ago for approximately 2 months. I felt only small difference.

I tried taking Piracetam more time ago and I used to give me brain fog without effects on fatigue. I tried noopept too and it's pretty the same.
Only thing that really helps me in this is Modafinil. When I take it I still feel tired, but I'm not falling a sleep during the day. But for it's price and negative effects (bad sleep for me, unpleasant urine and semen smell (and the taste for my gf as well) I don't want to take it daily.

I'm going to try taking B-12 in mega doses in the morning ans see if it helps.

Are there any other supplements you recommend to take for my kind of problem? Or things to do?
How do you get rid of morning and day fatigue/tiredness if you use to have any?

- MHF

Sorry to ask the obvious question, but why are you getting less sleep than usual? I've had fatigue problems which are naturally resolving, and I find that despite an intense desire to stay up every night, going to bed at 11-12 (maximum) is ideal, and without doing so I become fatigued. My fatigue also seems linked to excess food consumption, especially sugar and also (but less so), carbs. I only eat what's required, and keep it clean, now. Has helped my fatigue a lot.

Piracetam brainfog always seems odd to me, as it does the opposite to most people (dissipates brain fog). Could it be that you were taking too little/much choline? Too much choline is horrible, made that mistake a few times. Aniracetam has more of a (non-classical) stimulanting push than piracetam, but it isn't going to cure sleep problems.

Realistically nothing is likely to help properly, unless you take a very powerful wakefulness drug such as modafinil which is not addressing the issue that you need more sleep. Phenibut makes me need less sleep, but that's not a long term solution.

Sometimes I sleep less as usual if I'm doing some stuff till night like watching longer film, playing game, working or studying, I have no fixed time when I use to do to sleep. However, sleeping more doesn't seem to improve anything. I've tried to sleep at least 8 hours for every day in a week, but no change. And then when I slept only 5 hours I felt like full of energy. So, I don't think the sleep is the main problem for me.

Maybe the food, but I think I have balanced diet (without junk food).

During weekends, when I'm not at school it's better, because I can be active at home even when I'm tired, and not just listen to booring lessons. But I have to be awake at school so that's why I'm looking for temporary/acute (for several months, I'm ending school soon) solution which isn't modafinil.

- MHF

How does your diet look? Do you exercise? What's your caffeine intake like? have you had blood tests at your doctors (iron etc). Do you take a multi-vitamin every day?

How does your diet look? Do you exercise? What's your caffeine intake like? have you had blood tests at your doctors (iron etc). Do you take a multi-vitamin every day?

I usually eat some bread with some ham and vegetable for breakfast and then some fruit. Sometimes I eat small sugar/chocolate snack too. For lunch I usually eat meat with side dish, or something else what's suitable as full lunch food. For diner it depends on if I'm home or not, so I cannot specify it.

I do not exercise (if I don't count playing table tennis at school sometimes, lol).

I have almost no caffeine intake. I drink coffee really occasionally - maybe 1 per 2 weeks. I don't take any supplement that contain caffeine.
Oh but I use to drink green and black tea sometimes - ca. 1-3 per week.
I think I have high caffeine tolerance, because usually when I drink coffee, it makes me more sleepy. The only time I was drinking coffee for caffeine's effects was when I was taking Piracetam - high doses about 4800mg of Piracetam + 2 small espressos. I haven't felt acute effects for lower dosages.

No, I haven't had blood tests and it's problem a bit, because I have needle phobia (self-diagnosed).

Supplements I take:
TopNatur GreenTrio (1000 mg of Chlorella, 1000 mg of Spirulina, 1000 mg of Green Barley) - 2 times daily (morning and afternoon)
Himalaya Liv.52 - 2 times daily (morning and afternoon)
Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU) - 1 at morning
Fish Oil (1210mg (192 mg EPA, 120 mg DHA)) - usually 1 at lunch
Jarrow Formulas Ashwagandha (KSM-66, 300 mg) - as needed for anxiety or sleep, not regularly
Konpava Tryptofan B - as needed for anxiety or sleep, not regularly

Supplements I'm going to take (ordered):
B-12 1000 mcg
L-Theanine 200 mg

- MHF

Hhmm doesn't seem too bad to be fair as long as your sugar intake is low. The only thing I can recommend is exercise and possible an iron supplement. If in doubt just see your GP.

Have you tried having vitamin b injections?
They helped me big time.
I also take l glutamine it's an amino acid helps with muscle repair and absorption of food
Found my energy levels increased after that.

Hhmm doesn't seem too bad to be fair as long as your sugar intake is low. The only thing I can recommend is exercise and possible an iron supplement. If in doubt just see your GP.

Hmm, I may have iron deficiency according to my dermatologist, but she wasn't able to help any of my problems even by supplementing iron so I started using herbs and supplements what helps me a lot more. Chlorella, Spirulina and Green Barley should contain high amount of iron, so I'm not sure if I should take it standalone. I'm taking the GreenTrio only for few weeks (3-4) now.

Have you tried having vitamin b injections?
They helped me big time.

I have needle phobia (self-diagnosed). However, I was taking B-complex some time before, but it didn't help. However, as I said, I'm going to try taking B-12 in mega doses so will see.

I also take l glutamine it's an amino acid helps with muscle repair and absorption of food
Found my energy levels increased after that.

According to Examine it's much worth to take whey protein, but I'll see.

Thanks for picks, all!

- MHF