Training Log 6-8 week Epistane cycle Log

NeuroFalls

Greenlighter
Starting my first ever cycle in 1 week (well, second technically) with epistane at 30mg/day for 6-8 weeks. I've turned to bluelight for a source/adjunct for drug/substance information for the past decade - and would like to contribute to the community with this log. Hopefully it will help others as well as myself.

Training History/Stats
Stats: 178lbs, 5'8", 13-14%bf; 23-27 age range
Bench: 325 (paused)
Squat: 450 (high-bar, beltless)
Deadlift: 560
Clean&Jerk: 315
Snatch: 275

My goals for the cycle are: 475+ squat, 350+ bench, 585+ deadlift; drop bodyfat and stay at same weight or lower ideally; and of course to maintain most gains after cycle is over. Training for 5.5 years. If I could throw on a few pounds of muscle while dropping a few pounds of fat, gain some strength, and keep most of it after PCT I'll be more than happy.

I ran one other epistane cycle before a few years back and stopped after 14 days. I was younger and dumber, started at 40mg, quickly went up to 50-70mg a day because so many things I read online talked about how epistane "Really shines at higher doses". After 14 days even with 1-2g TUDCA per day I had dramatically increased anxiety; BP of average 150/95 (as high as 160/110 when on caffeine too) even with carditone+magnesium+CoQ+fish oil at high doses; tension headaches/pounding in head when I would try to sleep, night sweats, paler stool, blood-shot eyes, increased aggression (kept in check of course, but I noticed it with friends), and added like 20lbs to bench and squat in those 2 weeks. Also had OCD about my liver, panic-attacks at night thinking I was killing my liver with 50+mg epistane per day, etc. Lost libido after 2 weeks. After 14 days I had a pretty bad panic attack at night on a day I had taken 70mg. Also, I have never experienced a panic attack prior to or after the cycle again- threw it all away.

Yes, younger me was an idiot. In my defense I had a bunch of friends who were all on either tren or test, DMZ, epi, and a bunch of other steroids who would literally dose random doses throughout the day, never PCT; etc. So I thought whatever I can take super-high doses first time get all the benefits, deal with the sides as long as I have the right supplements. Boy was I wrong!

Promptly lost a bunch of gains as I started fighting sports after the cycle for a few months. PCT'd off with clomid + exemestane for 2 weeks then just back to regular supps. Natty training for a few years now I'm here.

This Cycle: Week 1/2/3/4/5/6 (7/8)

Epistane: 30/30/30/30/30/30 (30/30)
Dosing 10mg at 9-10AM, 20mg at 1PM
TUDCA: 500mg every-day, starting ~one week before, ending one week after cycle
Dosing 250mg-500 mg
NAC: 250-500mg a day
**In process of acquiring androgel for test-base during cycle. Going to low-dose throughout just to maintain some test/estro - starting after 2nd week.

PCT 4 weeks:
Clomid 30/20/20/20
Exemstane: low-dose every other day
DAA 1g/day
MACA Root 3g/day

Others: Pharmaceutical grade Omega-3's (2-4g/day), 5000iu VitD 2x/week, Creatine 2-5g/day, 400-800mg VitE/day, 2mg Boron (2x/week), 250-1000mg Phenibut (1-2x/week)
Carditone: 1tab/day if necessary for BP/tension headaches. May buy more CoQ & Magnesium if recommended; not sure if they do anything for me though.

Training: 6 day/week split - Russian program variation squatting 3x/week, benching 3x/week; heavy snatch-highpulls 1-2x a week; bunch of accessories. I generally do between 300-1000calories of cardio per day after lifting. I used to fight competitively but have since stopped and just want to lift heavy as hell now!

Diet is going to be clean, ~3500 cals a day. I cut very easily at 2800 a day natty and lose about 1.5-2lbs/week; so hoping 3500cals/day on cycle should be sufficient to recomp.
Diet consists mostly of fruit, vegetables, red meat, rice, chicken, nuts, yogurt; almost no processed carbs at all. Going to keep same diet just add more!

Misc Info:
Also currently trying to quit marijuana for the millionth time, haven't toked in a few days. Millionth times the charm! Started smoking bud as a 10 year old kid and haven't been able to quit for good since, only drug I can't stop. I've pretty much used every drug under the sun back as a child/adolescent. I don't drink at all, I hate it actually; but enjoy phenibut when I go out once/twice a week.

Questions for you all before starting:
Dietary cholesterol on cycle: does it matter? Generally I eat ~4-6 eggs a day, 0.5-1lb red meat probably 3-5 days a week. I have no problem switching to mostly chicken/fish/yogurt/nuts for protein on cycle with eggs and red meat maybe 1 or 2 days a week each.

2. Is it okay to take phenibut 1-2x a week with Epistane? I haven't been able to find anything about phenibut taxing the liver but wondering!

3. Other tips any of y'all have? Really open to any/all tips and criticisms especially!

I'm assuming that 30mg a day, literally less than half of what I was taking for that 2 week cycle way back when, the side effects will be extremely less if present at all - but still a bit worried about the sides based on the past.

Alright well, lookin forward to keeping y'all updated!

Last edited:
Looks good and looks like you know what you're doing.

To answer questions -
1. Cholesterol is fine, nothing to worry about

2. Yes on the phenibut

3. As far as other tips, I HIGHLY recommend everyone run test with every cycle. Been there and done that with orals only and it can be pretty miserable but that was just my experience.

Also be careful in strength gain. That much that fast (especially on your squat) can be problematic for connective tissue and joints and is a way to get inured real quick.

Other than that, I'll be following!

Thanks for the input my friend. I'm getting tgel from a source - I also have a bunch of DHEA and 1-DHEA, trying to work out a low dose schedule for the tgel.
If I need to add anything else and feeling lethargic with the gel, I'll just add a bit of DHEA & 1-DHEA; seems they convert pretty well to test and especially estrogen which I'm sure I'll be needing with the estro crash coming from epi.

One more question for anyone is when on cycle do you avoid caffeine/stimulants? Caffeine by itself at 200-400mg jacks my BP up 10-20 points at least; wondering if it would be better to just phase off for the cycle. I love caffeine though...

Personally, no. I've got an adderall script and drink about 8-10 cups a day. Also using clenbuterol right now haha.

My blood pressure is never above 130 though even with all of that and it still may be ~120. If yours is getting jacked up though you can just cut back or find some supplements to help bring it down.

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this.
Just finished day 5 at 30mg/day. I'm not sure if I'm some super responder but I'm already feeling it. All day every day I feel completely energized, pumps are great. Weight is up from 177 to 183 at this moment which is actually kind of a problem! Gonna have to cut down the calories, I'm trying to make sure I'm at 170 for a lifting competition just between me and some friends in 2 months. Guess I'm gonna have to drop the cals and get shredded. Maybe 2700-2900 a day from now on. Diet is completely clean consisting of solely: fruits, vegetables, lean meats, greek yogurt, olive oil, tons of spices, lots of salads.

Bench day today at 10x2, 285 for 2's with 3 second pauses was flying up; again I'm only on day 5!
Hit BBRows 3x6x225, DB Shoulder Press 4x8x45, BBCurl 4x10x70, Chinups 6x4 paused after.

Sides so far: high BP - had pressure headaches and felt my heart pounding in head all day, very mild GI bloating, and almost too much energy. First few nights I could only sleep 5 hours and night then would wake up and not be able to go back to bed even if I wanted to. Also had some insane nightmares last night which had me freaking out even when I woke up!

Also this really weird side where I feel "itchy", though its only happening each day after I take my supplements, not the epi. Also, it gets worse if I start to think "Oh, I'm itchy - liver!!" and worry about it - so suspecting it could be a mild allergic or other reaction to something that's made worse psychosomatically. It lasts for an hour or so, gets worse the more I focus on it. Not a bad itch at all, quite mild, but a weird one that will jump from my hand in one spot, then to my head, then maybe to my leg, and kind of cycle around my body in little tiny spots one at a time - so weird. Fairly certain it's nothing to do with the liver as I have no other sides whatsoever, but going to try to narrow down when it happens and after what just to be safe. If I start to suspect any issues I'll stop immediately. Wasn't planning on having bloods done until week 3. Any input on this?

Taking carditone for the BP along with 30 minutes of moderate-high intensity cardio per day has brought it back down to 120-130/70-80. Taking 500-750mg TUDCA per day at night with last meal and 300-800mgNAC. 1 super-enzyme capsule mid-day has been curing all abdominal stuff, along with the TUDCA. Using DHEA transdermal at 20-40mg/day in the mornings, 300-600mg Magnesium as well. Honestly just didn't want to do anything that I couldn't get legally so Tgel is a no-go.

So far feeling absolutely amazing aside from mild increase in anxiety mitigating with meditation, making sure I breath deeply whenever I notice, and lots of water. Hitting probably 1-2 gallons/day. No lethargy whatsoever. In fact right now its late at night and I'm completely wide awake full of energy! Not taking any stimulants whatsoever.

Keep y'all updated - hopefully this can be helpful to others in the future.

Last edited:
Itchiness could be dry skin from running dht derived compound. Inget it with winstrol sometimes.

Dry skin probably 100% correct. So obvious this morning w/ chapped lips, dry hands, face, clear difference. Thanks for input.

Squats up to triples at 405 yesterday, weight staying at 180. Felt good, notice my adrenaline for squats was through the roof and could feel my heart pounding. Doesn't usually happen.
Day 8 today. Started having same problem of only being able to sleep for 5hrs/night and then wake up feeling like I took a shot of strong espresso even though my body is still definitely tired. Switched TUDCA to 250mg midday, 500mg with last meal of night.
Upped DHEA to 150mg/day has kept joint issues away and no lethargy, so must be pretty effective at raising estrogens. I feel a noticeable difference within an hour of taking DHEA, doing oral and transdermal.

So far so good, bench 7x4 today with pauses at 250+; see how it goes.

Solid progress. Epistane is one of the few compounds I haven't used but have always been interested. Think I'll do an order and run some this summer after reading this log

Could be a cortisol issue me thinks? Or low estrogen symptoms. I get shit sleep when estrogen is low. Like my brain is always revved up despite my body being exhausted.

Makes sense, but joints feel fantastic and libido is way up, no problems with the girl at all. Maybe the fact that DHEA only raises estrogen for ~8 hours after dosing so it's wearing off in the morning and getting low. Anyhow:
Bench today: top set of 275x4 w/ 2 second pauses - easy. Only day 8 LOL. Crazy. Will try to dose DHEA at night see if it helps at all.

Epi is great. To me its like a better version of Winny although it won't dry you out quite as much (but still a very dry compound). Epi is better for gains and strength for me. I got quite a bit of joint pain on it though when I ran it at 50 for six weeks

Personally, no. I've got an adderall script and drink about 8-10 cups a day. Also using clenbuterol right now haha.

My blood pressure is never above 130 though even with all of that and it still may be ~120. If yours is getting jacked up though you can just cut back or find some supplements to help bring it down.

Just be careful with the stims brother!! I have 20 yrs of Gear,stims,GH,slin and developed CHF when I was 43(congestive heart failure) I used to eat pure ephredrine hydrochloride like candy before workouts- not to mention the juice and GH I took(all medium range doses) Now I can't juice other than TRT and am no longer a mutant!!! I'm a normal Joe Shmo now and it sucks. Please take it from me-all these drugs we take in our youth have an effect when we get older

JJ

Don't expect crazy results from the epi OP.

Wow! Good genes then. I take a 20mg XR and my BP shoots up. Need to start doing even more cardio I suppose.

Epi is great. To me its like a better version of Winny although it won't dry you out quite as much (but still a very dry compound). Epi is better for gains and strength for me. I got quite a bit of joint pain on it though when I ran it at 50 for six weeks

6fe.jpg

C'mon now. You can't be serious. Verses legit injectable winny, or even oral winny there is no comparison in my opinion. Noticeable change in body comp within a week on a moderate dose of winny, for me at least. Everyone is different I suppose.

Day 18 today.
Starting to notice difference in body composition for sure, lean-ish at 185 (maybe 14% bodyfat, so inadvertently gained 7lbs of glycogen/water/muscle and no fat so far?). Waking up at 185 though which is a problem, guess I'm settling for 180 by cycles end!! Appetite is through the roof. Bumped it up to 40/day and pretty much settled on 6 weeks.

Joint pain/stiffness is noticeable if I don't keep up on DHEA dosing - sweet spot at 50mg oral+60-100mg Transdermal/day. If I keep up with that no joint pain at all; at least for myself I think this proves that DHEA somewhat effectively converts to enough test/estrogen. Libido and ability are there too, even higher.
Running a 4x a week squat and bench program with high volume, high reps, high intensity and weights are feeling lighter and lighter.

Squatted 5x7 at 335 and it was as fast as 135, and I was only supposed to do 315 for a 5x7. Goal is to hit a series of solid triples at 430-445 in ~4 weeks time; which should put me comfortably at a 480+ squat. Bench goal is to hit same series of triple at 315 with a pause, which maybe sets me up for 350? 365 with no pause?

Intense, I'm not expecting anything just seeing where it takes me. So far strength is up nicely after only 18 days, and I'm hoping it will continue to increase. I've always trained high volume + high intensity, and this puts my recovery to exactly where it needs to be to keep up, it seems.

I will say that my anxiety was up a ton for a few days there until I got in under control with breathing exercises and serious mindfulness. Magnesium seems to help a bit too. If you're prone to anxiety be careful with DHT-derivatives potentially? Now feeling good & excited.

F
eeling like the support supps are key. TUDCA****, high-grade fish oil, vitamin E, DHEA; 1+ gallons of water a day, and moderate dose if you want to feel good and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Yeah they can exacerbate anxiety in some. For me they make me feel normal and have an improved mood. But I have been on low dose masteron for almost a year, so that may be why. My body has just adjusted fully.

Some people flatten out hard with winstrol and epi keeps some fullness.

Day 21. Strength increases keep comin. Squatted 405x5 then 425x3 two days ago. Then today 380x9 after 350x9 and 330x9x2. 500 squat by cycles end? This is crazy...

6fe.jpg

C'mon now. You can't be serious. Verses legit injectable winny, or even oral winny there is no comparison in my opinion. Noticeable change in body comp within a week on a moderate dose of winny, for me at least. Everyone is different I suppose.

I guess i shouod havevphrased that differently. Epi is awesome brotha and you can put on more mass with it. Strength gains are about equal. Never tried injectable Winny. Winny gives you a drier look but epi is really dry to. Also Winny wrecks my joints. Shit even epi does but not as bad. Have you tried epi? If not I think you would be surprised

Last edited:
Some people flatten out hard with winstrol and epi keeps some fullness.

I'd trade a little fullness for dry and vascular. I can always up my test a little.

I guess i shouod havevphrased that differently. Epi is awesome brotha and you can put on more mass with it. Strength gains are about equal. Never tried injectable Winny. Winny gives you a drier look but epi is really dry to. Also Winny wrecks my joints. Shit even epi does but not as bad. Have you tried epi? If not I think you would be surprised

I don't know about more mass, maybe a little more water retention but that quickly goes away upon ceasing it. Yeah I have tried it.

Honestly the best is superdrol in terms of strength, dryness, and fullness. But of course it comes with it's hoist of negatives..

Edit: EPI may be the superior drug I don't know. But for me Winny has always given me impressive results in comparison. Everyones body is different. For example I get no joint issues on winny. Just lean gains I can hold onto after stopping it.