• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quick Suboxone Question

R

Rangers1122

I have been on 8mg of suboxone for two years. Today i had a minor lapse in judgement, out of town without my sub and feeling very sick so i did a bag, felt absolutly nothing. Now i did the bag 24hrs after last sub. My question is if i didnt feel the bag am i ok to assume the sub is on my receptors and i can just go ahead and take my dose now? Affraid of PWDS, thank you for your help!

From what all of my sub doctors have told me, it takes 72 hours without subs before you'd be able to feel a bag of dope. I haven't tested it personally and I've heard mixed things, but I'd think (in my NON-MEDICAL opinion), that you'd still have subs in your receptors after only 24 hours. I've sikpped up to two days of subs before and then continued taking it as usual with no issues. The dope you used probably didn't get into your system at all, especially considering you didn't feel it. But again, I'm not a doctor and I could be way off.

Unfortunately it's complex because bunk "out of town" dope may not have been potent enough, or you simply are on a high* dose of bupe

What is your bupe dose? Though yes, if it didn't even really relieve wd or provide what would otherwise even "analgesia " you are 100% fine-if your worried split the dose in half, wait 30-40 minutes and do other half. Your fine though man(don't be sick, pat dose if

You should be fine to go right back on the Suboxone. PWD happens when you are physically addicted to another form of opiate/opioid and start taking Suboxone too early. You aren't physically addicted to heroin. You are still physically addicted to buprenorphine. You should be fine. If everyone who ever slipped-up and did a pill or a bag one day would then get PWDs when trying to take their next Suboxone this would be an extremely ineffective or possibly even dangerous treatment.

^ Plus it has been days, and half the dose is eliminated 1.7-7 hours later, via IV/IM, although wouldn't be to different with SL, even though it takes like 12-48hrs