• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Extreme histamine reaction from hydrocodone

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I?ve cut my usage of pills way back since the new year. I?m only using 100-200mg of hydrocodone per month, the catch is that i use all of it in one day.

Yesterday i used 150mg of hydrocodone within a 5 hour span. Today i seem to be having a really strong histamine response. My whole face is sore and itchy, my vision is blurry and i can?t focus without squinting very hard. This has happened to me before and neither benadryl nor loratadine helps.

I know i should avoid this scenario altogether but i need to be functional and was wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I used to get this way from codeine and didn't have a hydrocodone itching problem until very recently. Did you try using the antihistamine beforehand? I notice it works better maybe taking a good hour before the hydro. Trouble is, that combination is so sedating for me and I know you said you need to be functional. I think your dose was a bit high. I'm okay using 5 mg but if I take 10, I itch like mad.

I know you posted this a while ago. How are you feeling now?

I was able to get through my class today but i got no sleep last night so i was nodding out the whole time and was only barely able to stay conscious. I still had extremely limited eye site and i?m sure people could tell i was messed up.

I took a couple benadryl with them last night and some loratadine today but i?m still extremely sore. My face is still painful to touch and the rest of my body is still sore, the weird thing is i?m not really that itchy just extremely sore like i scratched every part of my body raw.

Those are massive doses for using once a month. Also thats between 5 to 10 grams tylenol at once which will damage your liver.

I agree with Calderone, the older anti-histamines can be very sedating when combined with opioids, so for safety reasons I wouldn't take such a high dose of hydro with those (or anything for that matter). I used to take one OTC Allegra (180 mg) about 3 or 4 hrs before. Allegra does not make you drowsy because it does not get into your brain. If you are noticing severe itching then I'd say you are really pushing your limit as far as what dosage your body can handle. I assume you only take once a month to minimize developing tolerance? I used to use once a week (but never any more frequently) for several years and only noticed a small increase in tolerance. I think you might be better off doing a smaller dose maybe 3 times a month rather than the whole thing at once.

Yeah i learned my lesson. My whole face got extremely dry and it?s all cracking up with dead skin right now. I feel like shit still. I probably either came close to an opiate OD or possibly acetominophen OD.

Last edited: