• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Daily poppy tea users question

Obsessed123

Greenlighter
For the past 6 or so months, I have been a daily poppy seed tea user. Over that time, the dosage has had to be increased a little gradually. I've read many threads with people who have been daily tea users for many years, so I is curious, have any others needed to increase their dosage every so often after all that time? I can't imagine how high it could get over multiple years of usage...

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't swim hete, it offers no protection, and it seems you're building a tolerance, like you would to any drug that you take regularly. Anyone ingesting poppy tea daily will have to increase their dosage to achieve the same effects over time, it's perfectly normal.

Whoops

We don't swim hete, it offers no protection, and it seems you're building a tolerance, like you would to any drug that you take regularly. Anyone ingesting poppy tea daily will have to increase their dosage to achieve the same effects over time, it's perfectly normal.

My bad. And I assumed it was just tolerance building but I was wondering more if longtime users take off-days (and if so how many and how often) or had any other tips to avoid ending up needing to drink a crapload every day... The amount that I drink is already borderline make-me-sick. Of course I drink mine all in one sitting, don't really care for the taste and I like it to hit all at once.

since you're noticing your tolerance already building, now would be a good time to start taking breaks from using and paying close attention to how you feel while you aren't taking the poppy tea. I used to be balls deep in poppy SEED tea for a few years. I noticed my tolerance building and got annoyed that i needed to use 2-3x the dose to get high, but I wanted to get high and I wanted it "NOW", so I found some interesting ways to convince myself that I really didn't need any breaks, and that "next week" will be my cut off point.
Eventually I tried my biggest dose of tea, and swallowing all that gross seed water had me blowing chunks for a few hours straight. I'd finally hit the point of wanting to take that break I'd been planning. on the 3rd day I was in withdrawal big time, totally surprised with my pants around my ankles. a week later I had to get back on to function. I started a taper that kinda worked, but life dealt me some hard hands, and I used those things as an excuse to up my taper until I hit the point of doing 4x what I did before my break. Eventually I got off it with gabapentin, but it was not fun and totally sucked. not to mention that since that was my first real physical relationship with addiction I've been in and out of several different serious relationships with different drugs that I got physically dependent on. It sux

my point: Tank that break right now, make it longer than you think you really need, and whenever you feel like you want to "finish" your break, extend it for a few days longer. When it comes to opioids, I'm not convinced one can maintain a long term discipline with their use, but if you're trying, you need to monitor how you feel and what you want and why you want it, and don't trust your own thoughts.

In my experience that's slightly different (seeds vs pod tea), these brews have pretty long legs, and I needed about 48hrs after last dose to really start feeling the squirm, so for any breaks to gauge where you are it should be at least 3 days, so that your last dose is fully out of your system by the time you take the next dose. longer is better. And the more breaks you have, and the longer they are, the longer it'll take to find yourself stuck in the quagmire of opioid dependence.