• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quit ? fell broke my collarbone ? had to take again for 3 days

Faithh123

Greenlighter
Quit cold turkey successfully a month ago of a Percocet use that lasted several years. No withdrawal symptoms, praise the Lord! But I am a Parkinson?s patient and had a bad fall in my driveway last Saturday PM and fractured my right clavicle in 2 places ? much pain. So since Sunday I?ve been taking 1 Percocet every 6 hours or so for about 3 a day. DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THEM BUT BROKEN CLAVICLES HURT!!! I took my last one last night @ 6PM. Is this going to kill my withdrawal success? Am I back to square one? Did I just undo the last month?s success? Thx

It really sucks to need opiates again after succesfully quitting them but if you can use them as precribed and then quit again I would say that you have achieved something great.

You haven?t reset the clock to back where you were using actively and you?ll have to withdraw again from them and hopefully you can do it easily again.

as long as you keep your doses where they are, about one every 6 hours, and dont get back into your old habit then you should be ok. make sure you dont keep taking them once your broken bones heal; you'll likely still be in pain, but pain is amplified during withdrawal so its something you're going to have to deal with regardless, just keep your dosing to a minimum.

its good that you dont want to take them. keep that in your mind and stop as soon as you're healed enough to.

As others have said, taking those percs as directed for pain is not going to erase your progress. It's true that you'll want to minimize how long you're taking them. But taking them for pain...just be mindful about what's going on and you'll be fine.