• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New to the site - want to quit klonopin

Determined2018

Greenlighter
Ive been prescribed klonopin for almosf 5yrs. Therapist WONT listen and continues to fill script for 1mg 3 times a day. Ive NEVER taken it like that.
I have a pill splitter - and i split them in half. I take either 1mg a day ot half of 1 mg a day.
Lately ive been tryn to taper. Ive found what seems to be good tapers, but hasnt worked for me.
With in 2-3 days of goin to 1/4 of the 1mg pill i start getting these HORRIBLE feelings.
At first i didnt realize it was the klonopin.
Ive talked with my therapist - she swears its a safe medication bla bla bla...
Even her taper schedule threw me into what seemed like toture. She said 10 days take half. Then next 7 days take 1/4 then next 3 days take a 1/4 and ill be off of the med.
yet this has not worked.
Please i want off of this so bad!
I cant go into a rehab or medical detox - because im a mother and owner/operator of my own business. If i close the business now - i will HURT bad financially.

Ive call all sorts of help lines - they all say rehab or medical detox. They wont help any further then saying that.
How do i wean and not go thru what it sends me into?
Thanks in advance

Hi Determined, welcome to Bluelight :)

Many times specific questions like this go unanswered here in New Members Introductions.

If you don't get the answers you seek you might want to make another post in Sober Living

We can move this thread for you if you wish, just let us know and one of the MODS will be happy to do it.