• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about tolerance and not being able to feel high anymore at all

Alien47

Bluelighter
Now I was wondering because I saw someone post about this resently and I have had this happen to myself so I know what it?s like, what I?m talking about of course is when u just can?t get that euphoric feeling anymore from ur drug, like I understand tolerance is the problem but at what point does tolerance go from ?ur gonna need to take More if u want to Get high? to ?nope sry no more euphoria no matter how much u take? like what?s happening in ur brain at that point? I?m honestly really on the edge of my seat as to what the exact reason is for this because I really do like understanding stuff with how ur body works and why certain things happen and this falls into that category so let me know even if it?s just a guess (an educated guess that is). Thanks for the responses :)

I mean, this is going to happen eventually with any drug you abuse. "Appropriate" use would mitigate effects like this by not raising the dose with tollerance. With opioids you're just getting to a point where your opioid receptors are so up regulated and you've become so dependant on them you need superhuman doses to get a little buzz. Only way out of that is to not use opioids or taper wayyyyyyy down. With Stimulants like amphetamine the neuro transmitters basically get burned out. Instead of too many receptors like w/ opioids you just start running out of the dopamine/norepinephrine transporters so more drugs dont get you any higher after a point.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt because i might be wrong.

With MDMA, it eventually reaches a point where no matter how much you take you can't get the same euphoria because of the amount of serotonin released over a period of time. (i.e. releasing 10 years worth of serotonin vs. only a couple of months)

With methamphetamine, it works on the dopamine receptor and I heard it keeps working every time even if you've been on a binge.