• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Body response based on ethnicity

Espiritus

Bluelighter
There's an article online with a list of 29 people between 2006 and 2017 who died from drug toxicity including MDMA at raves and a lot of them were Asians. Is there a possibility that they have a harder time metabolizing the drug or there's some other scientific reason?

I saw an article on this as well recently. It appears it's many times Asians who die at hot festivals and raves.

It is known that different ethnicities metabolize drugs differently. For instance, "Asian flush" happens when asians drink alcohol because they metabolize more to acetylaldehyde which causes that reddening of the face.

Im not too up on my pharmacology and enzymatic processes but there may be a correlation there.

Females are also at higher risk of MDMA toxicity.

-GC

Not only that but MDMA has a greater effect on females as well. Anyone know why?

^^Its more than that, has to do with hormones and females are more at risk around the time of their menstrual cycle. Asian women are at the highest risk as we can see.. They've got driving going against them and now this?!? Lol

-GC

Just a guess, but its most likely because females generally weigh less than males.

It's gotta be more than that. Without a woman here to give her account it's hard to say but I'm certain they will need less mg per KG for the same effect. The empathogenic drug known as oxytocin is dangerous for females because it can damage their womb which has a lot of receptors to it. But I don't know of ecstasy having such disparities.

On a related note, does anyone know how ecstasy affects Native Americans? Those people have a pretty low tolerance for alcohol so I'm wondering if they're adverse to getting loved up as well? :)

Well females have less water as percentage in their bodies than males (60% vs. 55%) which will cause some pharmacological differences for real. Don't know if that is the case with MDMA too.

I take around 3mg/kg nowadays as my initial dose and my fiancee takes 2.25mg/kg and often rolls much harder than me. We roll both always at the same time so we don't have different tolerances.