• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

clean but always questioning

^Then share your story without telling people what will or won’t work for them. It’s merging on ridiculous to even suggest that, especially given the anonymous nature of BL. You are going about it like you’re at a meeting, whereas this is SL.

Try this: describe how your life is good and how you got there, without telling anyone else what they should do. That would be a good start.

I totally get feeling frustrated trying to support people move through their recovery journeys, but that’s the most we can really do. It’s up to the individual to figure out what works for them, and that generally requires some trial and error. Just trying to say I have to be very careful how I respond to posts here at times.

I need to be careful to really listen to what people are saying, and respond according to the direction they express an interest in trying, even if it isn’t what we might do in their shoes.

At the end of the day no one knows better what the OP needs than the OP themself. Our job is just to facilitate the journey, not direct is like a drill sergeant or parent.

Pretty much.

Would you like help formulating a plan to find a program that meets your needs - oh and any luck with the SAMHSA buprenorphine treatment directory?

i'm sorry, dude

It's just that I'm still in a very dangerous spot and have no one to connect with or share my ideas with. If I died, literally no one would care or even notice

I'm just trying to get by like everyone else, to get my mind off drugs and start thinking about something else

I didn’t mean to come across as an asshole, but sometime I feel the need to remind people what the purpose of SL is. Try to think of it as just a reminder, it isn’t like you’ve done anything wrong here. And I can think of at least one person who would feel shitty I’d you died dude, and I’m sure they aren’t alone.

I suggest you start your own thread to hash this stuff out if you want support.

Let’s try to leave this thread for the OP and their questions.

That's a good point. Escape Fantasy, start a thread about your shit, maybe? People here would be happy to help if you open up about what your dealing with. Everyone struggles with their own demons. You're in good company.

Hey guys, sorry i haven't checked in for a minute. Things are still a bit frustrating atm. I haven't started checking through SAMHSA or treatments in general just yet just because i haven't gone back to work yet. I go to Florida for a week in march so i might as well just get until i get back and am back at work.

I can't stop thinking about getting high, and i'm always tired now which is extremely annoying. I used to be able to always stay awake and have a lot of energy when i was on bupe. I'm either getting back on bupe for sure or i'm going to end up probably buying kpins off the street again and stop taking seroquel and lexapro. I've been smoking a lot of pot, but that's been pretty much since i got out of a rehab(for my surgery). Tbh the only way i probably will stay off bupe is if i'm smoking pot all the time. I hate complaining about everything, but i just don't like this boring ass life of anxiety when i'm sober. I'm not going to sugar coat it or make excuses that's just straight up how i feel.

I'm not diving back into doing speed h or even drinking, because i'm not willing to do something that will have my family worrying about me killing myself, but i know which route i will probably end up taking. I wish i could smoke the same strain of weed all the time. I hate how sometimes it helps anxiety, and sometimes it just makes me feel pretty anxious. All of this would be easier if i could just be honest with my mother and have her be alright with bupe maintenence. She's just supported me and i gave her quite a scare that i feel like i need to keep this to myself.

I apologize that i go in circles so much when i reply. I really wish i could smoke cigarettes again i wish i didn't fuck my life up and blow a heart valve

Last edited: