• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

First off, I am a silly person!

StablegeniusApril

Greenlighter
Hello All!

Yes, growing up on Monty Python, The Goon Show, the original SNL have all conspired to make me a very silly person.

I have Multiple Sclerosis, and I went ten years w/o any pain relief. Then, I tried every drug for pain from Advil to one that started with Z, I can't remember the name. That took another 8 or so years. Finally, my neurologist prescribed me Norco and I got my life back! I'll be on it the rest of my life. I just wish it didn't come with acetominophen in it, because it hurts my stomach, and I worry a bit about long term use causing liver damage. I have a MM license also, and I smoke it when I need it. And sometimes when I don't. Or sometimes on a day that ends in "y."

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello to all and am looking forward to talking to people who are in the same boat as I am. Have a good day, everyone. April

Hi April, welcome to Bluelight.

Have you spoken to your doctor about your concerns with taking acetaminophen? It might be an idea to discuss it with them since you you will be taking pain medication long-term. There is a hydrocodone extended release formula which I believe is free of acetaminophen, could that be the 'Z' drug you were referring to? (Zohydro).

At least for now, it sounds as if you have found something to help make the pain manageable. I am in Australia, where cannabis, in a highly processed form, has only just been made fractionally legal for medical use and for a very limited range of conditions. It's good that you have that as an option too.

Look forward to seeing your posts :)

Thank you, Kaden_Nite. I will speak with my neurologist about the Zohydro. Because of the anti-marijuana beliefs of our Attorney General at the Dept. of Justice, who knows how long it will be legal. But I think since the genie is out of the bottle, it will be hard to stuff it back in. People would just go back to getting it the old fashioned way. Someday I hope to make it to Australia. It's on my list :D