• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Storing pre filtered oxycodone for later IV use

BretdaBoxer

Greenlighter
Last night I IVed some oxycodone and then I rinsed the cottons after using them and stored them in a sterile glass jar in the fridgerater for later use. I was going to do it after work today. Ive had cotton fever and I hope this was the right way to store it. I have micron filters so I was thinking about boiling it after work and then filtering it again. What do yall think?

Dude, seriously? It?s called ?cotton? fever-you can?t do this man, you just can?t seriously this is asking for disaster and the cottons won?t help if you were doing any good formulation, and even if you weren?t they won?t help

And boiling doesn?t necessarily disinfect; Seriously reup or just call it a day; please don?t do this, it is risk for no benefit

I should add that i stored the filtered oxycodone liquid in a sealed glads jar. The way i wrote this made it sound like i was storing cotton balls. The liquid has been the fridge for approximately 14 hours. Im going to be using a micron filter to filter the already filtered solution. Wish me luck.

Oh well you should have clarified-it?s 50/50, if everything is sterile, though, would guess ok, though that is up to your immune system

Really this increases risk other than saving you, what, 10-15 minutes? Please, do not do this- Am truly an authoritative source on this Please just keep it fresh, water is what all things want-and rinsing cottons is pointless, again, for anyone else ;)

Dude, Lorne is right, awful idea. Amd this may sound a bit harsh, but aort of hard to feel bad for you if you do get cotton fever or worse since you know this is a horrible ide.

I'm sorry, but how is this such a terrible idea? When I was shooting dope I used to pre-mix shots, re-cap them and carry them with me so that I could shoot up discreetly without having to fuck with a spoon and a lighter. How is this *really* that much different? If you boil it up and filter it after work, you'd be sterilizing it again anyway. Basically all you did is pre-mix the oxy with water for later. That doesn't sound like so ridiculous to me. I've never shot oxy, so unless oxy is somehow destabilized in water and the risk is that you're just ruining your hit...?

BOILING DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY DESTROY ALL BACTERIA, and may reduce oxycodone content

Do it at your own risk man, just remember, it is more RISK, for NO benefit, other than convenience

Not being a prick, just saying

As long as it it isn't shooting or boiling cottons-that is just ridiculous and reckless for an educated person Wish you well
(Abd diamorphine is unstable in water, so keep that in mind-wait, you have never shot oxy? What dose? Presumably you know it is roughly twice as potent injected, and a faster onset, and smoother rush than morphine-less physical

Now interested in how this turns out and dosage - feel free to post OP (Edit: nice name :)

Keep in mind you could always evaporate the water to get the drugs back into a powder form. Depending on how much it is in, this could take a very long time. If you feel comfortable, you could also A/B wash it out of the water to get it back much quicker but a lot of people don't feel comfortable with that. But I only stored dope in water long-term a few times because I had no other choice. I always felt like it was a bad idea because, like Lorne said, wee beasties are going to start growing in it almost immediately.

I just don't see it being worth it for the convenience. Injection-based infections can really and truly f**k you up.

No boiling doesn't automatically destroy all bacteria, but I don't think sitting a premixed oxy-water solution in the fridge in a sealed container for a day or two is going to greatly increase the chance of infection. I don't shoot oxy, just heroin, so I did not know that it is destroyed by heat. (Can you do a cold shot, then? Why boil it at all?) Either way, it just doesn't seem like *that* dumb a thing to do. People are responding to this thread as though the OP is asking if they should use pond water in their shot. Pre-mixing water and storing it safely for later sounds like something I would've done before I got clean. I don't think it's such an outlandish thing to ask about... If you have access to sterile containers (I work at a hospital and used to steal them from work, for example.) then I don't think there would be any risk in doing this. The only potential risk I can think of is just the slight chance of bacteria growing in the water because it's sitting stagnant for some time. But if the water is sealed and refrigerated, the odds of bacteria growing in it are super low, especially considering it's just water. I disagree with everyone else posting on this thread. I think this is a totally safe thing to do.

*I mean it's a safe thing to do barring all of the many dangers inherent in injecting I am not suggesting that shooting oxy is safe, just that premixing your water will not making it more dangerous than it already is. Just wanted to disclaim that shit, haha.*

^ Your not supposed to heat pills, cold clean water is hey-and proper works, like 3ml BD’a ;)