• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

new to GBL need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

miracles82

Greenlighter
I really hope I don't get banned as I don't know where else to ask for advice about taking GBL. I'm not asking for advice on where to buy it. I hope it's ok however to ask how can I be sure it's the real stuff and not something dodgy. I know it's clear and odourless so I don't know how can I be sure. I think one is meant to take about 1ml to start with and not mix with alcohol. I don't want to buy something different and die, so any advice on legitimacy of GBL would be appreciated.

Short of having your GBL tested, there wouldn't be much way to know unless someone you trust can vouch for the stuff. Look up some of those test kit companies like dance safe or test kit plus. I'm pretty sure the later has one for GHB.

^ Yeah, Cass/T is right

Risky business if you don?t have a test kit, or if it?s semi-experimental someone you really trust-unfortunately no fun facts about gbl please don?t ban or otherwise strike me down T. Calderone -

Ive only really had it with trusted mates and someone else has had it first.

Ive never had it alone so if you're a solo then tip of finger to tip of tongue test .

I guess if it's paint stripper then why would anyone bother selling anything other than that? I know when it's expensive drugs, one might get it mixed up with something cheeper and impure but what else could GBL be? should it have any smell or taste? I don't have anyone trusted at all. I was planing to get it online

It has a mild chemical 'fruity' kind of odour, and tastes horrible chemically and clingy in the mouth, especially neat (which will kinda burn - don't take it neat!). But this information isn't likely to help you much. What's 'fruity'? What's a 'burn'? These are my descriptions, maybe your interpretation would differ. As already stated the only thing that can actually tell you is a test.

What else could it be? Anything any arse decides to flog you in lieu of GBL; some variant of alcohol, some other distilled petroleum product - probably anything that could just about be believed by the average drug user to be GBL based on these kind of subjective opinions about its taste and flavour you read in threads online like this.

Be cautious if you do decide to buy and use, and use a very small quantity to start (0.5ml on an empty stomach is enough to feel something mildly).

So I guess if I accidentally buy something that is not GBL and I try a tiny bit, I won't die but I won't get any effects either. If I get the effects, then I'll know it's GBL. I imagine I wouldn't get effects if it's been substituted.

I dunno about "fruity"- GBL tastes like you'd expect industrial-strength floor cleaner to taste. (And not the lemon fresh kind.)

One way to test it prior to dosing is to stick the bottle in the freezer for an hour. If any part of it freezes, it's either been diluted or it's another (probably water-based) product altogether.

You can also shake it up- GBL is kind of like a transparent milkshake (high viscosity, or "clingy in the mouth"), and no bubbles should form.

If/when you decide to take it, wait AT LEAST an hour to gauge the effects before taking more. (Any experience with GHB? Effects are comparable, but GBL is about 50% stronger, and it'll take you twice as long to start rolling.)

That delay, obviously, can make it super dangerous. A good friend of mine decided to take more when he couldn't feel his first dose after 45 minutes. He went outside to check his mail, then blacked out and keeled over in his driveway. His neighbor tried and failed to revive him, and he woke up bloodied and bruised in the hospital the next morning.

Which brings me to my final point: DON'T do this by yourself, especially your first time. Seriously.

And, um, sub-finally-- don't drink alcohol for at least 12 hrs prior. That might sound over-cautious, but no joke- Google that shit and take heed.

Good luck!

So I guess if I accidentally buy something that is not GBL and I try a tiny bit, I won't die but I won't get any effects either. If I get the effects, then I'll know it's GBL. I imagine I wouldn't get effects if it's been substituted.

Unfortunately no, all kinds of dangerous chemicals can have fairly potent psychoactive effects in small doses. This won't guarantee anything.

See we aren't getting you any closer to proving what you may or may not buy is certain to be GBL by description. Even ThosJ doesn't think it smells 'fruity' whereas in my mind it definitely does. Meanwhile he thinks it tastes of floor cleaner whereas I think it has a plasticky tamoxifen citrate flavour with a strong chilli burn to it.

Which is why we don't drug ID here at Bluelight - it could give you a very false sense of confidence and security using an unknown compound which requires a test to accurately identify. Whatever you choose to do, please be very careful. I'm going to close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.