• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The "Best" Anxiolytic?

Dresden, he already stated he tried lorazepam and that it's unsuitable. It lasts only a few hours and then makes you worse than before.

One more thing honeywhite, you should update your first post and include bromazepam in the undesirable list. I'd like to know how it measures with the others you've tried.

Tried the bromazepam, 6mg. Ineffective. No side effects, but ineffective. I think Lyrica might be the best bet at the moment since there quite clearly is no magic bullet. Urgh. Honestly I could get off the anti anxiety drugs, the stimulants, maybe even cut down my cigarette/coffee consumption if I had a decent opiate---I feel like this all stems from pain and stress, and Transtec patches and Sublimaze patches are worth shit. Morphine makes me itch. I want my hydromorphone back. I probably WILL be getting it back.

That's quite a statement. I don't know what you mean by "decent" (seriously, not trying to mock or anything). Maybe methadone/suboxone maintenance? Because you know that the all-around mental health benefits of other opioids don't last. I'm a bit lost here.

From personal experience I would say that the best Benzo for anxiety relief is Clonazepam (Klonopin in USA, or Rivotril in Can), it has a longer half life (I remember it lasting almost two full days on a single 2mg dose) and is about 10 times stronger than Diazepam (Valium). Xanax is the strongest but only good for panic attacks because of it's very short half life, zombie like feeling and amenesia (A good dose of Xanax literraly makes me forget what happened the day before). Of course there's harder drugs that overpowers anxiety like Meth, MDMA, MDA, and opioids like Hydromorphone or Oxycodone, but aren't anxiolytics.

I suffer from anxiety for many years,been prescribed diazepam,oxazepam,bromazepam,alprazolam and promethazine for this condition.Out of benzos alprazolam and bromazepam are probably best choices BUT i accidentally found out that modafinil - low dose does wonders for my anxiety,i am much more confident, talkative, social and less shy while on modafinil and absolutely not brainfogged and memorydeath like when i am on benzos. So modafinil is my best anxiety cure and its effects lasts even when i skip a day or even more. Another great medication for anxiety is tramadol but this one is seriously addictive and tramadol withdrawal is not worth it, it was worse than my alprazolam wd..so i can not recommend it but i absolutely recommend low dose modafinil for anxiety, its not like amphetamines so it doesnt make u tense so much, it just make u feel better, alive and less anxious. I have a feeling that modafinil also made some long lasting - maybe permanent changes to my brain and personality. It made me somehow more prosocial and socialy confident even if i dont take it and by this mechanism it enables you to participate in anxiogenic activities so u can raise your anxiety tolerance, its like psychological or social-behavioral therapy.

I agree with you. Milder drugs that act as Dopamine reuptake inhibitors (DRI's) such as Modafinil and Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), are very sweet for anxiety relief. As a matter of fact: any drugs that act as DRIs and builds up dopamine in the brain (cocaine, modafinil, ritalin etc.) can reduce anxiety. The best thing about Moda is that it doesn't give you zombie feeling like on benzos (upper vs downer), it's a great alternative to addictive anxiolytic medication and unlike benzos, it has a very low risk of addiction.

Last edited:
Like so many have posted, benzos...in my experience, Valium and Klonopin. Except, I've been on K-pin for over 20 years and my tolerance is solid. I'd have to take 8 mg. to even feel the effects.

Supposedly neurontin helps calm anxiety.

*sigh*

From what I've heard, pyrazolam has very selectively anxiolytic effects. (I don't use benzos myself so I wouldn't know.) It may be hard to find as it seemed to effectively disappear from the market after people realized it wasn't as "recreational" as other RC benzos.

From what I've heard, pyrazolam has very selectively anxiolytic effects. (I don't use benzos myself so I wouldn't know.) It may be hard to find it seemed to effectively disappear from the market after people realized it wasn't as "recreational" as other RC benzos.

It never let me down.

Last edited:
May I ask how you people get benzos for years and years? My doc cuts me off after one month.

Would it be safe to drive with 5mg Alprazolam in?

I wouldn't recommend driving on any amount of benzos tbh.

The best anxiolytic for me was heroin. I wouldn't recommend that either...

Clonazepam allowed me to travel the world alone and never get panicky before that even traveling alone to the town was a issue.

So honeywhite's thread inspired me to create a thread like this of my own. He didn't update his progress, unfortunately, but I will.

I need an anxiolytic like this:

a) Lysis of anxiety (it's in the name of the thing!).
b) Lack of hypnotic effect.
c) Long duration of action.
d) Not required to take daily (SSRI's, I'm looking at you!)
e) Lack of sexual side effects. I'm a man; the most important organ in my body is my, erm, joystick, and I won't have it out of commission.

Also, it must not interfere with a roll. Rolling while on Buspirone was a big mistake and I'll never know if that candyflipping adventure caused the suicidal hell I suffered for an entire year.

The anxiolytics I have tried so far:

Buspirone - Utter garbage which made me worse and then caused suicidal mood swings when I stopped using it despite the available info assuring the safety of quitting it cold turkey.
Lorazepam - Takes the edge off but that's about all it does. Required to use every day. Temporary small fix with no lasting effect.
Klonopin - Same effect as lora and lasts 2 days instead of one.
Valium - No effect besides drowsiness and insomnia.
Xanax - Blacks me out or knocks me out. If amnesia is the cure for anxiety, then a bullet to the head is the cure for all my problems.
Phenibut - My tolerance to this builds WAY TOO FAST. This one's a disaster waiting to happen.
Gabapentin - Useless in therapeutic doses, hypnotic at higher doses. Makes me feel drunk and unsteady too.
Oxytocin - Obliterates my social anxiety but not general anxiety. The drug is too sensitive to the elements, loses potency very easily, impractical to use.
Selank - Subtle anxiolytic with no side effects. This one has been the best so far.
Adaptol (Mebicar) - No noticeable effect. Gives me insomnia, ADD and limp dick.
Picamilon - Snake oil.
Tofisopam - Made my anxiety worse.
CBD - Snake oil.
Mexidol - Effects remind me exactly of Buspar. Makes me irritable and stressed as fuck. DO NOT WANT
Pantogam Active - No noticeable effect.
Kratom - gonna try this soon

The anxiolytics I've written off:

SSRIs/SNRIs - I need anxiolytics, not antidepressants. Mood stability is very precious to me and I do not plan to fuck with it.
Kava - Wikipedia: Inhibition of the reuptake of norepinephrine NO THANKS
Afobazole - It acts as an MAOI, not only does that interfere with a roll but is potentially fatal.
Propranolol - I'm not convinced a beta blocker will do anything meaningful. I don't have hypertension or panic attacks, for the record.

The anxiolytics on my try-list:

Pyrazolam
Opipramol
Valerian root
Pregabalin
Phenobarbital
Imidazenil
Tianeptine
Theanine
Taurine

Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:
There is a interview of Russell Brand with one of the 'RubberBandits' which has some personal insight on the subject.

I do know what anxiety is, but it only come's up when I am stressed. Even then it is mentally manageable. There was a time I went to work in moderately to mild withdrawal symptom's of ghb/ gbl. So basickly I can't relate to the anxiety you experience.

That guy from the Rubberbandit's tell's about his cripple-ing anxiety and evt depression. And his method of dealing with it . Purely as inspiration Inds

Last edited:
Hi, I know you're trying to help but I'm asking only for medical input. Finding someone to relate to a person like me is almost near impossible. As someone who was raised by a sicko and gaslighted constantly, told I was depressed when I wasn't, told I was happy when I wasn't, I'm not even sure I can identify basic emotions or discuss them in a meaningful manner. I declare that I am not depressed even though I'm misanthropic and overwhelmingly negative. I'm interested only in tackling anxiety and a huge part of the problem is that I'm yet to hear of a single anxiolytic that functions primarily as an anxiolytic. All drugs seem to be either antidepressants, anticonvulsants, anti-anythings with anxiolytic side effects.

Right now selank appears to be the only exception to this rule. I only started using it today and I'm not confident in it as it seems to require refrigeration and I just waited a whole month for this to be shipped from Russia to here so I fully expect the drug to be dead by now. Plus I hate dripolators, I have no idea how these are even used to begin with. It takes like 3 drops just for one to land in my nostril so I probably wont even get to use this for the recommended 2 weeks since I'm wasting 2/3 of it. Sigh. This shit would be way easier if I could just IV but I'm told its way more potent intranasally.

I take small doses of xanax or etizolam once or twice daily and I also try to exercise at least 5 days a week. It seems to help me a lot. Any other daily drug they might offer you would be ADs that fuck your head up or other weird shit that makes you wired. The only drugs that truly kill anxiety are benzodiazepines. Of course, then you can become dependent... but I say dependency is better than agoraphobia.

Benzos don't really offer as much an opportunity to face one's anxiety and learn how to cope with it using non-drug techniques, they sort of take a chunk out of your mind more so than makes things fit more seamlessly. I'd say their status as long-term anxiolytics is suspect at least. Lots of negative stories of long-term use. US seems to be the only modernized country to give them out long-term.

SSRIs are more ideal in my opinion. They also help with depression and are solid for long-term anxiety. And they work in concert with talk therapy, I've been driven to believe. Getting off of them is much safer and easier than with benzos. Benzos will seem more effective at first, but they can lead to serious issues, and again, lead one to carve away more than meet halfway.

Pyrazolam is the best I know of; though it only lasts 1/3 of a day. I had no side effects, it fits your other criteria, and is by far the most selective benzo for the anti-anxiety receptor part of GABA; and by far least sedating

Have you tried Tramadol?

I have not. It says here it's an opiate. While opiates have anxiolytic effects, I'll take those for pain, not anti-anxiety. What does Tramadol do for you?

I take small doses of xanax or etizolam once or twice daily and I also try to exercise at least 5 days a week. It seems to help me a lot. Any other daily drug they might offer you would be ADs that fuck your head up or other weird shit that makes you wired. The only drugs that truly kill anxiety are benzodiazepines. Of course, then you can become dependent... but I say dependency is better than agoraphobia.

That's the thing, benzos don't do anything other than take the edge off for me, then they cause rebound anxiety. They aren't a solution.

Pyrazolam is the best I know of; though it only lasts 1/3 of a day. I had no side effects, it fits your other criteria, and is by far the most selective benzo for the anti-anxiety receptor part of GABA; and by far least sedating

Added to the list. But it sounds like just a temporary fix which requires daily usage, something I'm not keen on.