Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ibogaine - First Time - Brand new iboga TA trip report/testimonial 2018

Newbeginniing

Greenlighter
Past addictions/drug use: Opiates/Opioids, Cocaine, Crack, Crystal Meth, Benzodiazepines, Tobacco, Nicotine, etc.

Trip Report/Testimonial:

So I had my trip on Thursday morning. I was scared to indulge into the Iboga after my last relapse.
Things just weren't the same, my spunk wasn't all there. I was simply terrified. But I had to do it. I needed to quit the cigarettes and get rid of my drug cravings that had resurfaced when I opened up pandoras box, I just had to....

I had tried to quit the cigarettes on my own before the trip. I wanted to try and get a few days without them before the trip to increase my chances at quitting the things, but unfortunately I wasn't even able to go a full 24 hours without them this time!!
It had found itself extremely difficult for me to say the least. I have heard that every time you start smoking cigarettes again it gets harder to quit than the last time.
I had never really believed that until now.

So here I was, finding quitting extremely difficult, kicking myself in the ass for my relapse and feeling quite literally lost.
Everything had fallen apart. And the best I could do was literally pretend to myself and to everyone around me that everything was okay, when in fact... it wasn't, at all.
I felt like I was never going to get out of the mess that I had created for myself!!! I had lost all faith in myself and the entire universe around me!!

I had my last smoke Wednesday night and decided to retire to bed even though I had been taking short naps all day to forget my miserable existence.
I awoke Thursday morning bright and early to a crystal meth dream. How could this be? I had only relapsed on crystal meth for 2 days prior to this event!!!
I had a solid half year from the actual stuff beforehand... How could 2 days bring on such a strong surreal dream of the stuff!!??? "What am I supposed to do now" I thought to myself.

That was enough for me, I told myself at that point that it was now or never. So in I went to my drawer with the iboga TA extract.
I had the iboga weighed and capsuled out beforehand and was all prepared. Even though it was literally 5am and the house was sound asleep, I felt ready and clearly was.

I ingested a gravol to help with the nausea 30 minutes prior to ingesting the iboga TA. And than I ingested the 5 iboga TA capsules (1.5 grams in total).
No turning back now.

An hour after ingesting the capsules it began. The gravol seemed to be working okay for the nausea, as my last trip was without gravol and by the hour mark I would be puking my guts out!!! Like hardcore lol.
I should also note that I had a heart and blood pressure monitor right beside me for the entire trip in case anything was off, but everything went smoothly.

There were lots of visions during my experience, but I find ibogas visions to be very gentle and subtle.
They're not as much in your face like a mushroom or lsd trip. The actual message itself is the gold (I don't do it for the visions).
If you're looking for a visual trip look elsewhere. Ayahuasca perhaps.

I was told so many insightful, truthful and loving things by the spirit of iboga. It is a very powerful tool for our recovery, and an even stronger entity like being.
More powerful than anyone can actually put into words (it is something that one has to actually experience theirself to really fully grasp, but I'll do my best to word the experience here).
Some things personal, and some more simply insightful.

I had a pen and paper right beside me for anything important that came up, as I didn't want to take the chance at forgetting anything meaningful (and I still have my iboga notes today and will always keep them close to heart).

No way hosay. This was it. My last chance and my new beginning. And God damn, that is literally exactly what it was.

I'm so happy I chose to do the Iboga TA and really give it another chance. When used properly and safely it is literally the most helpful thing out there.
I have gone to meetings, rehabs, a halfway house, jails & institutions. Iboga without a doubt is it. A gift from the actual God himself without a single doubt in my mind now.
It's incredible. Not only has the substance eliminated my cravings and desires for drugs. Not only has it showed me literally a whole new way of living.
But it's even given me my actual faith back. And I mean like actual. I have a religion again. I believe in a real God.
A "higher power". A universal love.
Whatever the hell you wanna call it. I believe.
I've literally been shown the true power, and that's nothing anyone can take away from me.
It's just incredible really. I'm so happy again.
I was just literally shown soooo much, and in such a short period too!!! Just nutz.
It really is like doing 10 years of therapy in one night. I also love the comparison I've heard other people make when they say it's like defragmenting your brain. And it is.
Cleaning out the cob webs. Going back to a simple time.
Renewing yourself. Going back to your youth!!!!
clear.png
:) :)
Some other words I've heard used towards Iboga are; "the cure", "a reset", etc.. and I would agree.
But it's not just like you take it and that's it. I had to do my proper research. I had to know what I was getting into.

I had read that Iboga can be used as a catalyst to quit smoking cigarettes, and that's what I decided to use it for (referring to the actual cigarette addiction itself).

I've gotten myself back, and to me, that's more than I could have asked for. It was literally worth all the puking haha :p
clear.png
Iboga is not an easy substance to go through that's for sure. As I have heard one of my mentors speak about in one of his documentaries say, "it's the hard way to pray".
Going to Church and praying is easy. (& I still go to Church once a week too actually lol
clear.png
:p, no joke).

Anyways yeah, it's sweet. It's helped me in so many ways. I'm trying to put em all here so I don't leave anyone out actually lol, but it's kinda hard.
It's a big experience.

It explained to me the dangers of the substances that I was using in detail and depth. Showed me my truest heart.
It separated me from my addiction, and that seems to be how it was actually able to do that without the addiction getting in my way for a change.

& Because it was an inner spirit that seemed to be connected to me somehow, I was able to believe in it and still do to this day (multiple days after the experience).
And even better, because I am not on Benzodiazepines anymore, I will literally remember and cherish my whole experience for a change, so that's nice too lol.

It wasn't like some random stranger preaching at me or bitching at a meeting. It was something bigger.
So much bigger.
It was real.
More down to earth than anything really out there.
Actually understandable I guess you could say.

The iboga spirit literally healed me!!!! The substance itself literally does have way more potential than a lot of people out there give it that's for sure!!
There's nothing out there that compares in benefit for the human race.
It is truly that actual "it".
And I actually believe that now that I've lived it myself.

Since the experience I haven't had a single cigarette. I literally quit the things overnight like it was nothing.
I was surprised at how easy and willing I actually became. Even as I write this now, I haven't had a cigarette going on five days now thanks to the Iboga and I literally feel great!
And my actual cravings to drugs and substances has vanished completely. I'm not haunted with thoughts or dreams about using crystal meth anymore.
I was shown the bads of that substance overnight and given a lesson I'll never forget.
I've gotten myself back.

I had a hole in my heart from the substances that I was using and now that hole just isn't there anymore.
I'm back to me. I can do whatever I want again and feel happy and know that I'm no longer a slave to evil.

The only thing I will note is that I found that even though I had only taken 50mgs of gravol beforehand, I still found the gravol to put a groggy feeling on me during the beginning of the experience and this I would rather go without.
Even though it did help me puke a lot less (as my last experience I was literally puking and shitting at the exact same time while tripping major ball sack lmao);
I'd literally rather that than the groggy feeling as it dampens the experience in my opinion (in the beginning anyways).
So tips to know I guess..

Another thing I had realized after going into the experience (that I want to make note of here) is that my last relapse with the substances had actually overridden me and caused me to hate Iboga for some reason.
Like I don't mean hate hate, but what I mean is, yeah they simply overrid things.
It was as if I had forgotten everything I was shown the last trip and had now succumb to the sin that the substances had been creating (even though deep down I knew it was all wrong).

And like I said, I was scared as hell to go back into the Iboga, but I knew something had to be done!!!! And I'm sure as hell glad I did now.

My love for iboga is back and so is my love for my life. An A+++ experience.
Now back to my awesomeness and those residual tracers :p. Thank you for reading.
I hope you enjoyed :).

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ibogaine
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
exptype_lifechanging
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about getting iboga. I been addicted to opiates for 10 yrs.. I do get sobriety time. 1 year here, 2 yrs there, 6 months there... But I usually relapse on opiates, benzos, or alcohol. I am currently suffering from clinical depression, i never experienced this sore feeling. Sure I had depressive times in my, including withdrawals from every single drug out there numerous times. But I'm 6 months clean and still reflect at my failures. I'm 29, male, no kids, have no trade in employment, no college degree, no money, no love of my life..... I need a spiritual encounter and I haven't found it in AA

I used to be addicted to hardcore opiates too (oxys, heroin etc.).

& I'm in the same boat Adaoud25. I'm almost the same age as you. No job yet. No love life. A recent bad break up with my fiance (now ex). No college degree. No kids. Etc.

Today I can actually say that I'm genuinely happy without a doubt.

I still go to a meeting here and there, but mainly just to socialize.
I don't take them too seriously like I've seen many others do.

I used to get preached at or told that if I don't work a certain step I will relapse, or I won't be happy, or I just won't have a fighting chance in other words.

Since my iboga experience I have learnt that I am responsible for my own happiness. And gee golly, I have finally found it!!! :)

Added: I have meshed fairly well with meetings or groups for drug recovery that are not all "12 step based" (which are kinda cool to go to here and there as well)..

Last edited:
Yea. My depression is holding me back from being social. And I just lost that fire in me to thrive!! I use to be outgoing, optimistic, and full of energy....but now I'm the opposite. Idk if its cuz of 10 yrs failed attempts at getting clean or I'm 29 and getting older

About the iboga. Did u do it at home alone?! I dont know if I'm capable of administering that to myself alone. I rather do the clinical ibogaine at a facility. But i don't have the funds for that :(

Hey, thanks for sharing. I did iboga too, a combo of pure ibogaine HCl and TA extract, back in April 2014, for opiates. It changed my life and I've still opiate-free and haven't ever even craved them since then. I took considerably more than you did in this report, it lasted for 3 days. Iboga is amazing for sure, totally unlike other psychedelics. It seemed to work on a deeply subconscious level for me, through a dream-like state. At 19mg/kg (I took 1200mg equivalent - 500mg TA and 950mg HCl - and was about 63kg at that time), it totally overwhelmed me to the point that I was dreaming and unaware of it. I came out of it 3 days later, and did a follow-up dose at 6 days (500mg of TA and 100mg of HCl) and remained much more aware I was on a drug. After that everything came together for me, I stopped opiates, didn't even care about the light residual withdrawal, and started eating well and working out and I started playing music again which is my life passion. It wasn't even because of anything I consciously realized during the experience, i had these dreams that were very bizarre that were allegories for problems in my life, and when I came out of the end of the process, it felt like my brain had reorganized and fixed itself.

Congrats. :) Was this very recently? I ask because if so, you have a bunch of nor-ibogaine still in your system which gives you a big boost for a while afterwards. This part is easy. Now you'll have to make changes to your life, eliminate whatever was causing you to need to mask things with drugs in the first place, try to make your life full of good things and remove or resolve the bad things that cause you pain. Otherwise things will get hard again.

Also, I strongly recommend against doing it alone at home. I did it at home, but I had my friend who is very experienced with drugs and responsible to watch over me. if I hadn't, there was a point coming out of it that I would have gotten in my car and driven because I was sort of dreaming while awake and I thought I needed to go somewhere. Also if you start to have an adverse reaction you need someone there. You simply can't take care of yourself with a full flood dose (this report is about a strong dose that is sub-flood... a flood dose is 17mg/kg of body weight or more and TA extract is only about half as potent as pure ibogaine).

Hi, that's a good question Adaoud. Yes I did just do it at home alone (but I am experienced in doing so).

The very first time I did it I had a trip sitter with me and that was very helpful.

As I said, I also had a heart rate and blood pressure monitor right beside me the entire time and checked things regularly.
And lastly, I made sure I was healthy and actually ready for it going in.

Yes the actual facilities are way out of my price range too.

One of my dreams is to fly to an ayahuasca resort some day when I'm rolling in the cash haha :p.

And yes I've been through a lot of crumby ordeals through my addiction as well Adaoud.

Don't just administer it to yourself (especially if you have not done the substance before).
You want to make sure that you have a good trip and everything goes smoothly.

Last edited:
Hi Xorkoth. Yes it depends what substance you're coming off of, the dosage/how much you were using, how long, etc etc etc.

The place I bought mine from actually was very welcoming to emails and questions regarding dosage and safety and extremely helpful in that regard.

& When I came off of 17mgs of Methadone cold-turkey a few years back I had to take a considerably larger dose of TA + HCL and than a sub-flood 6 days later for it to be successful.

This time I feel 1.5 grams was more than sufficient. I feel great. I have myself back. In such a short time I've already gained more than I could have asked for.

And yes it was recently (6 days ago). I just woke up to more tracers actually, as yes, noribogaine gets stored in the liver for long periods of time and comes out in waves.

Life does return. And yes now is the time to make changes.
Things can get hard again.
Congrats. :) Was this very recently? I ask because if so, you have a bunch of nor-ibogaine still in your system which gives you a big boost for a while afterwards. This part is easy. Now you'll have to make changes to your life, eliminate whatever was causing you to need to mask things with drugs in the first place, try to make your life full of good things and remove or resolve the bad things that cause you pain. Otherwise things will get hard again.

Also thank you for sharing a bit of your own testimonial to the thread. Always a pleasure to see. I'm glad it worked for you as well. Simply more proof that we are not dealing with a joke.

Last edited:
Yeah after my flood I had tracers and faint visuals, but only at night, for over a week. Iboga seems to come on stronger again every night, for me anyway.

I've been thinking about getting some TA and taking a lower dose, just because it's been almost 4 years and I really loved my experience. Also I made some healthy lifestyle changes recently and I'm dealing with a lot of worry about loved ones right now and it seems like it could be a really good thing to revisit.

We seem to have a few things in common Xorkoth.

The first time I reintroduced iboga into my life I was literally on my 4th year without it.
When it came on it was so new and fresh, it was incredible.
That was a few months back in October. I started with 1 gram of the TA as I wasn't exactly sure what I was getting myself into and that's all I could afford at the time.
Even that dose was incredibly beneficial!! It truly is a miraculous substance.

The reintroduction really opened my eyes. After 4 years I had a ton of stuff that I didn't know I needed to work through. I had a lot of barriers built up towards things.

It opened my eyes to the possibility of living clean, healthy and happy again.

After that trip I had one more slightly higher flood which really got in there and did exactly what I was hoping. I gained 3 months without cigarettes from that one and some incredible insight into my life, as well as no desire to use drugs.

I stayed sober for 3 months from cigarettes and 4 months from drugs after that but relapsed on cigarettes, cocaine, crack and than crystal meth in a matter of a single night after a terribly upsetting run in with my ex fiance (who is also addicted to crystal meth).
WORST MISTAKE EVER.

I reintroduced the TA again 6 days ago and I can definitely say that it did what I was hoping. My craving to use is gone again and today is my 6th day without any cigarettes.

I have learnt that 1.5 grams of the TA seems to be my sweet spot.

I have read that some people require "tune-ups", etc.
And simply recognizing those big triggers. For me I simply won't be going to hang out with my ex any time soon and listening to her speak about her love for crystal meth all night.

Ibogaine never will cease to amaze me. Powerful stuff.

Last edited:
Ibogaine hcl is illegal. I can still obtain it, but I don't want to use it with no one knowing what I'm doing. I want the spiritual guidance that are at the clinics

Where I live iboga and ibogaine are completely legal.

I know there are underground networks in places where it is illegal too.
Have you seen any of Dimitri Mobengo Mugianis's documentaries? He has some great videos not only on ibogaine itself but also on its underground network (as I believe it was illegal where he lived as well). They are quite inspiring.

My very first ibogaine experience I got my Mom to trip sit me who works in the hospital as a health care aide.

Last edited:
Well im not sure how id go about this. I just don't want to do it alone. A trip for ibogaine treatment is so much cheaper then atypical US rehab. And i been to rehab a handful of times unfortunately

Don't do it alonee, at bare minimum you need a sober sitter to make sure you're okay the whole time. Really a clinic is the best bet if you can afford it since there are medical professionals on hand. I did it myself, but had a friend to watch over me. Much, much cheaper than a clinic, but you have to really prepare a lot.

Yes, if you do it at home please make sure that you have a trustworthy and knowledgeable trip sitter with you the entire time.

I had to educate my Mom on the experience itself before she trip sat me. I showed her a great deal of ibogaine information from the web. I made sure she was ready too.

Also, you are going to want to do some serious extensive research on the stuff yourself beforehand. There are videos and documentaries all over the web + a TON of info to read. Watch and read it all. I did.

It is recommended that you get a proper check up at a doctors before going in as well. This includes the same check up that we usually get during our "yearly check up" + an EKG check. Know that you are healthy enough to go into the experience.

As I said keep a heart rate and blood pressure monitor on hand. Check at regular intervals.

I also recommend a vitamin b complex daily after the experience. Not only is it actually recommended but it helps balance us out and is great for recovering drug addicts.

Get yourself healthy. Eat right. Know what you are getting into if you choose to do that.

Obviously as you can tell not everyone here has had to go to a clinic for our ibogaine experience. We're not telling you to spend an arm and a leg.
We're telling you to be prepared. Know what you're getting into.

Last edited:
Don't ever do it alone if you're doing a flood dose. Lower doses are fine. I repeat, DO NOT EVER DO THIS ALONE ON A FLOOD DOSE, no matter how much experience you have. it's dangerous for many reasons, there is a chance of life-threatening reactions with ibogaine, and also for a long period of time during a full flood, you will not be able to take care of yourself.

But yes I agree with everything else you said. For the record, 1500mg of TA is not a flood dose unless you're a very small person... it's approximately equal to 750mg of ibogaine HCl, which is sub-flood but a strong dose.

My trip before that was with 2 grams of TA (or about 1850mgs). This is the highest dose I have taken alone.
I just found that to be kind of strong in an uncomfortable way. I was very immobilized for a bit of the experience (but still able to go to the washroom on my own).

For my own flood experiences (or doses over 1850mgs of TA per say) my Mom was actually my trip sitter (who again works in the hospital as a health care aide and was VERY properly educated on the substance beforehand).

I have been told by a professional that with my body weight I can handle as much as 2.5 grams of TA. This dose (as my maximum), I simply wouldn't let myself do alone.

My sweet spot seems to be 1.5 grams of the TA like I said (but I've even had glowing experiences with as little as one gram of TA!!)

1850mgs was a very powerful experience which reaped a lot of benefits and did indeed give me the kick start that I needed to obtain my months of sobriety from both drugs and cigarettes, but it is very taxing on the body and the trip itself was not far away enough for me to want to indulge in that same kind of dosage or experience this time around.

As for the actual floods, I cannot really recall them too much as they were years ago and I was still taking a Benzodiazepine at the time which effected my memory (and judgment).

Another example is Methadone: it is a VERY sticky substance and strongly occupies the opiate receptor sites, so it actually requires a higher dose of Iboga or Ibogaine.

The dosing itself for each individual and situation should be sorted out with professionals beforehand.*

Safety first obviously.
A few years back I was being prescribed Clonazepam (benzodiazepine) daily.
I had to use ibogaine to get myself off of a very big Methadone habit but I couldn't stop the Clonazepam because of the seizures etc.
I had a few trips mixing the Clonazepam and Ibogaine, which had some pretty bizarre interactions together at times and left me in a bad confused state (the combination would contradict each other).
Which is a clear example.
It did what I needed it to do and did get me off of the Methadone maintenance program, but if I could go back in time and do it without the Clonazepam I would in a heartbeat.

Don't underestimate the power of this plant. Treat it with the uttermost respect it deserves.

Have you tried the lower scale doses of the TA? Like 1 gram.

I've done both full floods and as little as 1 gram of the TA.
All are literally life-changing. Sub-floods, tune-ups, whatever it is.

I wanted to try "booster doses" as well but that one is definitely not in my price range right now.

& I'm not recommending anyone do it alone. But I am saying that that is what I did (right or not).
I was well aware of the dangers.
At the time I told myself I was dying from the drugs anyways so I didn't care if I died from the experience. But like I said, things went extremely smoothly anyways.

I actually find iboga relatively safe now that I have a feel for the substance, but that's just me.

I would like to have a trip with one gram of HCL some time but it is quite expensive in that form.

Lastly, here is a good article on boosters, tune-ups & maintenance:
http://ibogaine.mindvox.com/article...ry-boosters-tune-ups-maintenance-microdosing/

Last edited:
I have not, well, I did 500mg of TA and 100mg of HCl for my follow-up 6 days after my flood (so around 700mg of TA equivalent) and it was amazing. I plan to buy a gram of TA sometime soon and use it, I long to revisit iboga. It's certainly immensely powerful.