• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

General Insensitivity to Drugs?

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Are there any studies of insensitivity to central nervous system effecting drugs? Anecdotes are around but I haven?t yet stumbled upon any study about it.

It seems like I need to take more than others no matter what the drug is in question and even with drugs that don?t share anything in common.

I need to take for example atleast twice the dose than others to feel anything at all from (meth)amphetamine and also nearly twice the dose of MDMA.

Same applies to psychedelics and I have never get anything out of dissociatives (except ketamine once) but I haven?t tried really hard doses of any dissos.

When I started opiates for pain issues I needed 40mgs of Oxycontin for pain management and normally the dose should be 10 or 20mgs. Also same applies to benzos as even when benzo naive I had to take atleast three times the normal amount of z-drugs to get sleep or alprazolam to get any anxiety relief.

Also I have noticed that I didn?t get WDs when I took 1/8 parts of my daily amount of oxycodone when I was abusing it around 250mgs twice a day and some people seem to get WDs when they take for example 3/4 parts of their dose.

^I am exactly the same man. I have always wondered why I'm different but never have had anything concrete to say why. I drink more Alcohol. Even 2 shots consumed quickly has very little to no effect on me. I need 4 drinks to even get any kind of feeling from Alcohol. It's hard to go out because you look like an Alcoholic. But yes, I'm the exact same way and we have to talk! I added you as a friend. Let's try to find others

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Beeing a newbee here on BL I have to be carefull what I post. You all seem to know so much abt eveything. But I think I know the answer to your question and wanted to give it a try. So here I go..[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]There has been a lot of studies abt how people react to different drugs. They found that some people have a genetic " disorder" that make them metabolize drugs in different ways. Its due to their enzymes, or more correctly,enzymes systems. Different systems metabolize the different kind of drugs. And if you have this kind of disorder it will affect how much you need.
By the way this is not the same condition you call hypothyroidism(slow metabolism) which is treated with thyroxine. Nor is it because of increased tolerance due to long time ussage.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Our genes comes in pair. If you have 1 gene affected you will be whats called a heterozygous and will may need twice as much as others or more. If you are homeozygous you may not have any effect at all. Then it depence what kind of metabolizer you are:[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]If you are a fast metabolizer you will need more of one type of drug then others who are maybe slow or normal metabolizers. Some people have such fast working systems that the docters are almost not abel to put them under for surgery for instanse. And a slow metabolizer could for instanse OD by what a fast metabolizer would need to only have a litle painrelief.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]This is not wery well known among the GP's. Therefore when patients tell them that the normal dosage of lets say oxycodone is not working for them they believe instantly that they are drugseekers and cut them off.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Instead they should be doing a genetic test. This will tell them exactly what kind of metabolizer the patient is and by that way they will be able to tayloring their medication. This is especially true for painkillers,bloodpressuremedications, antideppressives and bloodthinners.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]By the way you are describing yourself I would guess that you are a heterozygot and a fast metabolizer and by that you need more then others to have effect of what you are taking. And even more then that to get high.
hopefully this answered your question:)[/FONT][/FONT]

People do vary very highly. I'm somewhat of a general hard-head. Or as one doctor called me once, a 'pharmaceutical dustbin'. I'm a chronic pain patient, and its a real pain in the ass, so to speak, getting sufficient opioids from the doctors just because of not only tolerance, but the inbuilt resistance to most drugs. Even stuff like chlormethiazole, the sedative-hypnotic, I've always been able to withstand a significant quantity of the stuff before even being sleepy, at doses that would kill quite a lot of other people were they to follow the same doses.

Or for that matter, being on both opioids, and chlormethiazole/heminevrin, I can take a 70mg dose of nitrazepam and stay awake if I stay standing. Sometimes even twice that. Even with the likes of hundreds of mg IM dipropionylmorphine in there, tizanidine, clonidine, its the same, a pain in the ass seemingly hard-coded for 'generic drug resistance' Basically, my old former GP was right, I am a pharmaceutical dustbin. And one that seems like it can fit an awful fucking lot of psychoactive material in it without overflowing.

I have suspected this about myself as well. With the exception of alcohol ( I weigh about 105 ) my tolerance compared to others when it comes to drugs seems abnormally high. When me and my husband get some speed for example, I seem to need more to maintain a good high while he can smoke one bowl and be twacked most of the day, I need multiple doses to keep up with him. Same for benzos and opioids. Xanax will make most people I know nearly non functional, while I just sort of get in a good mood and can carry on with my daily activities without much impairment at all. I smoked black tar for about 6 months during a dark time in my life and when I decided to quit, I barely had any negative withdrawal symptoms. A little moody sure but I wasn't sick by any means. I used to eat handfuls of mushrooms and be able to carry on a meaningful discussion with my very anti drug mother, maintaining my trip. My step brother used to tey to give me a bad trip and I was always coherent enough not to let him fool me, I'd just laugh at his efforts. LSD was always wonderful and I easily functioned while tripping while watching others flip out or even panic. I have tried ex many times from different sources in multiple states at high amounts and have never felt anything from it. It's disappointing and I've given up trying. I'm not sure why this is, none of my family are drug users so I don't believe there's a generic aspect as is the case with Ozzy Osbourne when his genes were tested. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

^I am exactly the same man. I have always wondered why I'm different but never have had anything concrete to say why. I drink more Alcohol. Even 2 shots consumed quickly has very little to no effect on me. I need 4 drinks to even get any kind of feeling from Alcohol. It's hard to go out because you look like an Alcoholic. But yes, I'm the exact same way and we have to talk! I added you as a friend. Let's try to find others

I'm the same way, it takes at least 30mg of oxy to even relieve pain, alcohol hardly hits me, and when it does i sober up quickly. And I used 2 grams of meth a day minimum, and could sleep if I kept it to the 2 grams, was usually 2.5 or more.

Yup my stepbrother was a meat head douchebag cro magnon asshole. He was too chicken shit to try LSD and called me a dirty liberal hippie. He definitely had that date rape frat bro vibe. Guess what? He's a car salesman now.

He definitely had that date rape frat bro vibe. Guess what? He's a car salesman now.

Thats a tautology if ever I saw one =D

Yup my stepbrother was a meat head douchebag cro magnon asshole. He was too chicken shit to try LSD and called me a dirty liberal hippie. He definitely had that date rape frat bro vibe. Guess what? He's a car salesman now.

Your posts in this thread don't exactly make you sound like someone worthy of emulation, between the macho posturing (to strangers online, no less) and the puerile, hs bully like concept of someone being "too chickenshit" to take a powerful, potentially life altering hallucinogenic drug

To be fair, she was referring to a total dickhead from the sounds of it in the first place, so one can hardly expect the OP to start being complimentary about the individual in question. Sounds like she was talking about somebody who deserves every insult they get. Just because of the way she phrased it, doesn't necessarily mean the OP is themselves a bad person, especially given that the 'chickenshit' remark was in response to being called 'a dirty liberal hippy'. Thats the kind of thing that were someone to call me the same thing for using some or other kind of psychedelic or other drugs, I'd probably say the same thing, purely as a retort, with the intended meaning being something like 'well go stick it up your ass ring and smoke it if you think you have the right to give me shit for it'

Just to test this out I took 6mgs of alprazolam an hour ago and I haven't been using benzos for over six months except once 1mg of clonazepam few weeks ago for MDMA comedown and I don't feel alprazolams effects at all now.

1.5h and it should have peaked now and I don't feel anything different at all except for headache.

Didn't feel anything else than it's anxiolytic effects and those suited nicely with some MDMA.