• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine tolerance

Holly.3

Bluelighter
I understand that this is different for each person, but talking about short-term tolerance. In general, how many medium size lines does one need to take before they start getting a bit of a tolerance? Is short-term tolerance more for someone who binges on coke for a day or two or can someone who does a couple of lines just once a week build up a short-term tolerance? And if you do build up a tolerance, what effects are affected by the short-term tolerance? The runny nose, numb teeth, tongue and back of the throat or or is it the euphoric feeling that is affected by the tolerance? I've never been a big cocaine user. Always did it in small amounts just every so often. More of a just for the fun of it type of deal. I have never experienced the wow crazy good euphoric feeling that everybody talks about when snorting cocaine. Maybe I have and and it just doesn't feel as good and crazy as everybody describes it. Maybe I just don't take enough at one time to get the full effects. But I do love the excitement of chopping up a line or two and I love the num feeling you get, the front of your teeth, your tongue, the back of your throat, the numb feeling is what gets me going. Anyways. Over the last four or five weeks I've been doing 2 to 4 medium sized lines once a week over the course of about an hour and a half. The reason why I'm asking you about the tolerance, is in general, how much cocaine does it take at one time to build up a tolerance? In regards to how many lines. Not grams since I'm really not familiar with what a gram of coke is due to the fact that I've never had a scale to see just what a gram or two looks like. The cocaine I have is pretty old stuff, from back in the mid-2000s. So I've been doing the same cocaine. I do have what started out to be a gram of fish scale flakes that I was told by a good friend was pretty decent stuff. I like it. Still no crazy euphoric feelings but nice numbness. The older cocaine I have, I have some in one container and some in another container and some more in a third container. I only do cocaine out of one container at a time. Meaning I'm not doing a line from container A and then 15 minutes later doing another line from container B. The three or four lines I'm doing each time are from the same container. It's just that most of it was obtained around the same time. The newer stuff I have was bought right before Christmas 2016. What I mean by doing the "same cocaine" is, okay, it's not really the same cocaine when you get down to it, but is cocaine that's all about the same age. In other words, I'm not buying cocaine each time I do it. I'm just digging into my stash that I've had for 12 to 13 some-odd years. The newer fish scale that I have is all from the same batch. It started off as a single 7 gram lump of fish scale and when my friend gave it to me, she said it was one gram. Since then I've probably done about half of that amount. It seems like the numbing effect was much stronger when I first started doing three or four. Medium size lines about 5 weeks ago compared to now. Like right now, I just did three lines in the course over of an hour. And yeah I got a bit of a relaxed feeling, heart rate sped up to the mid-90s but my nose didn't run as much right after snorting and my teeth tongue and back of my throat didn't get us numb as it did a few weeks ago. Could building a tolerance affect this? Or is building a tolerance only in regards to the euphoric feeling. Since that is more of a psychological feeling versus a physical feeling of runny nose and numbness. In general how long does it take for a mild tolerance to go away? Any good knowledge on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

In the quantities you're talking about, I can't imagine you're building up much, if any tolerance. I've no idea if the age of it makes a difference, I'd think not, but not sure if any cuts could effect that, but discussion of cuts isn't allowed.

I have a question if one uses cocaine once a month or so and I buy a gram and finish it in one night is it gonna be a harmful experience

In my experience, cocaine tolerance goes up pretty fast, like in the same day but it levels out instead of just going up and up like opioid tolerance. It also tends to drop back down really quick. It amazes me that anyone could keep cocaine around for that long and not do it all. Like I can make an 8 ball last a few days, actually going to sleep and saving shit for the next days. When I was younger that wasn't even an option. No matter how much I had I was staying up and doing it until it was gone. And then maybe going to get more lol. But if the coke is that old it may have lost potency. Moisture will cause it to break down so when storing for a long period, silica gel is recommended to be stored with it to keep it dry. Also, some cuts that are used can break down the cocaine over time. But with good potency coke, tolerance shouldn't be much of an issue. Like I said it goes up quick but levels out quick, and also seems to drop back down pretty quickly, so other than loss of potency I don't know. There's no way to tell you in terms of lines how quick you would build tolerance. I've seen tiny little pin-like lines and humongous fucking rails, and everything in between. As far as knowing how much you're doing or what a gram looks like, I would invest in a scale. I bought a milligram scale(not actually accurate to single milligram, but within a couple milligrams as long as you calibrate it once in while) for like 30 bucks if I remember right. That was three and a half years ago, still going strong and I haven't even had to hange the battery yet. I don't use it super often though. But I'm so used to buying half grams, grams,eight balls, and quarters that I can eyeball pretty damn accurately especially when broken down and not chunky.

I have a question if one uses cocaine once a month or so and I buy a gram and finish it in one night is it gonna be a harmful experience

I don't see why it would be harmful as long as you don't do too much at once. I mean cocaine is generally not good for your cardiovascular system, but other than that as long as you don't do too much at once there shouldn't be a problem.

So, would doing 4 for 5 lines, roughly the length of a Stanley box-cutter blade approximately two and a half inches long. Of medium size. I guess, some of you who do thick lines, cut that in half and that's probably close to what I do. Not real thick but again not super skinny. Of course it's different for everybody and depending on quality of your stuff. But if I did 4 or five lines of decent-looking fish scale flakes over an hour and a half time, could that build up a tolerance? And if I repeated that about once a week would that build up a tolerance to wear I do it this once this week and then 7 Days Later I would have a bit of a tolerance or does the tolerance go away fairly quickly with the small usage I do? For probably about five or six weeks I've been doing anywhere from 3 to 5 lines, I think two different times I did 6 Total Lines all roughly the size I described. Before I started doing it once a week about 6 weeks ago I would do 2 or 3, maybe 4 lines but only on occasions. Maybe twice a month with two to three weeks in between using. When I started back in October, I had according to a digital kitchen scale that can measure grams, which I'm assuming to be fairly accurate considering I used small fishing weight on an actual scale used to weigh cocaine and marijuana that a friend had. It weighed the same amount of grams on my digital kitchen scale. Anyways, I started off with somewhere between 6 and 7 grams of cocaine I had obtained between 2003 and 2006 when I used to play drums in several bands. Even back then I was a very light user so I always had stuff left over that I would take home and stash away. Okay the reason why I said that was because all of the cocaine I've been doing for the past few months is all the stuff that I have gotten back at that time. Most of it being fish scale flakes. So it's not like I'm buying some doing it and then buying some more without knowing the Purity and quality from each purchase. I also have around three and a half grams of new fish scale flake that was purchased around December of 2016. So when I'm doing a few lines once a week, I'm either doing the older stuff I have or the new stuff. I'm not doing a few lines from the old and the new at the same time.

What I'm curious about is back in January when I started doing a few lines once a week I noticed that the numbing effect in your mouth and throat and nose seem to be quite a bit more intense then it is now. I remember the second week in a row that I did three lines within about 45 minutes time my mouth got Pretty numb and the back of my throat got really numb where it was a bit hard to swallow. Now, this last time a few days ago I did 6 Lines within about an hour and a half time and my mouth and throat only got about a quarter to about half as numb as it did when I first started. Does tolerance only affect the mental feeling that you get with the euphoric feeling or can it also affect the physical numbing feeling that you get? For me, because I've never been a heavy user and I've never done super fat lines, I usually get just a nice relaxed happy Feeling High instead of a crazy euphoric feeling everybody talks about. So even back when I was playing in band I would only do a couple small lines once every couple of weeks. And in between I would just bump a couple times a few nights a week. Even then I don't ever remember getting a big euphoric feeling. What I've always liked about cocaine is the numbing effect. The number it gets and the longer it lasts, the more I like it. And here lately, I'll do a couple of lines and then when the numbness starts to wear off I'll do a couple more within an hour to an hour and a half time. Should I be building somewhat of a tolerance as to why the numbing effects aren't as strong? How long in general does it take for a tolerance to go away? And since I'm not a heavy user I wonder if I have more of a short-term tolerance.

So basically, all the cocaine I've been doing roughly once a week since the 1st of January is all cocaine that I obtained the majority of somewhere between 2004 and 2007. Basically I started off with over 7 grams. I've always been a light user and when I was doing it and had more access to it it was easy for me 2 end the night with stuff left over. So basically I filled a plastic fliptop tube about 6 inches long and about the diameter of a penny. You know, the kind you get at smoke shops. So yes, of course there's different batches of cocaine mixed in that container. Most of it is fish scale flakes for powder from fish scale flakes. There's a few hard squarish chunks about the size of your pinky fingernail and probably just a little thicker than a kernel of corn. I have not quite 3 grams of fish scale flakes that I got around December of 2016. The stuff came off of a 7 gram chunk of fish scale. When I do the old cocaine, that's all I do for that night. Maybe four to five lines. A couple of times I've done 6 lines. And when I'm doing the newer fish scale, that's all that I do for that night. As far as all the stuff that's in the tube, no way to tell how pure it is seeing how it's an accumulation of about four years worth of cocaine. I do know that the fish scale is pretty decent stuff. The hard chunks, I've noticed that has a slight more burn when snorting. It chops up with a razor blade into a powder but the powder seems slightly more sticky then the fish scale flakes. The hard chunks when chopping it into powder tends to stick to my razor blade more then the fish scale does. Anyways, when I first started back around the first of January, I did two medium-sized lines that were about 2 and 1/2 inches long which is the length of my razor blade. Pretty skinny on the ends and a little bit fat in the middle of the line. Didn't think that I had the classic euphoric Rush high that everyone talks about but the teeth the mouth in the back of the throat got really numb which is what I like.

The reason why I'm asking about the tolerance is, the last two times I did cocaine and again, doing it about once every 7 to 8 days, I ended up doing 6 lines both times. I'm not sure what you would consider a fat line but each line was two and a half inches long and the same thickness from tip to tip. I guess I would consider it a medium sized line that was on the larger side of medium. After doing six lines in less than 2 hours, I noticed that the numbness of the teeth in the mouth in the back of the throat we're nowhere near as intense as they were when I first started back in January. I'm just curious if I'm building up a short-term tolerance and if so, how long before it completely goes away? Even when taking the 6 larger lines both times, I had a good relaxed happy feeling but nothing I would describe as a crazy euphoric hi like everybody describes on here. And I've also never had a calm down any of these times. About the only side effects I get is a slight loss of appetite, dry mouth taking a little longer to get sleepy. I will say that one time, probably about the third week maybe the fourth week after starting to use it once a week oh, I did a couple lines of the hard chunk, it made me really talkative about 30 minutes after taking it which lasted for about an hour. That's the only time since January that I experienced that kind of non-stop talkative. And another time here about 2 weeks ago, taking some of the older fish scale, did about four lines which I have done several times before, but this time it made my nose extremely runny for a much longer. Then the initial 20 or 30 minutes.

I just feel like after doing the 6 lines 8 days apart, I don't have the same numbness. It's not as intense and doesn't seem to last as long. And I just wonder if numbness can be affected by getting a tolerance?

So it's been a while since anybody's posted on here, still haven't found the answers to my couple of questions about cocaine tolerance.

Does a short-term tolerance only affect the euphoric hi and intensity of it, or does it also affect other side effects such as the numbing of the mouth and intensity?

If I do two lines of Coke three days in a row, I understand that all start to build a short-term tolerance where I'll need to do possibly a third line to achieve the high then I'm looking for. If I do the same two lines three days in a row, will other side effects such as numbing of the teeth and back of the throat be affected by the tolerance or will they also by the third day not be as intense?

I've noticed, and I'm not sure if it's legit or just coincidence but if I do a couple lines of Coke three different times in a week, I'll start to notice that the high isn't as intense. But I've also found, not with all the cocaine but at different times I've noticed that the numbing of the teeth gums and back of the throat seem to not be as intense by the third time I'm doing a couple lines in a week. It's not every time, it's just all notice here and there that as I start to notice a tolerance that once in a while I'll also notice that the numbing and possibly runny nose don't seem to be as intense but if I wait a couple of weeks before doing another line, then it's back to normal and what should be expected.

I would think that the only thing affected by the tolerance would be the high and the intensity and duration of the high while all the other side effects would not be affected by the tolerance.

Maybe somebody can correct me on this.

I don't own a scale therefore don't know the exact amount I do with each line I chop up. I consider my lines to be of a medium thickness and two and a half inches long since that's how long the razor blade is. I wouldn't consider my lines fat. Not skinny, and not fat, just medium if that makes any sense.

I'm an occasional user. I can do a couple lines and then not touch the stuff for a month. I have noticed that on occasion when I decide to have a fun night, over the course of two or so hours if I do a total of four or five lines, my normal medium size, I don't experience any kind of a come down. The only thing I really experience is the loss of appetite, and a decent hunger pain feeling in my stomach like you're get when you're extremely hungry. But no plugged up nose or clogged up sinuses or headache or any kind of anxiety or depression like most people describe with atypical come down. I don't do enough Coke to build up much tolerance at any given time. The rare occasions where I decide to do four or five lines in one night are usually several months apart. My cocaine habits are, I'm just an occasional user. Mostly do it just for the fun of it. Do a couple lines and then may not touch the stuff for several weeks up to a month or two.

I'm 36, 5 foot 9, 155 pounds. Athletic, cyclist and marathon runner. And through all the years that I've been exposed to cocaine, I can't remember one single time where I had what I would Define as a true text book come down. And I'm sure that's due to the fact I don't do enough at any given time and, I always try to purchase fish scale cocaine which is what I consider to be the best cocaine as far as all the positive side effects and the lack of most negative side effects. The person that I purchase from makes it a point to get good quality cocaine which is normally the classic fish scale, shimmery, pearlescent flaky stuff. And for whatever reason she buys stuff that's already in powder form, she makes sure that is to her satisfaction what usually is a good indication that it's going to be a pretty good better quality product.

If you're doing some low-quality cut the crap cocaine then I'm sure you can expect more of a come down even if it's just mild with lower doses. The better the quality is, the more you can do without experiencing much of a Comedown the next day. But just like with alcohol and how it affects everybody differently, height weight female, male, your metabolism rate, cocaine is going to affect in the same way. My friend who I purchased from, she is athletic, triathlete with a decent metabolism rate, 5 foot 6, 120 lb, I'm sure with a lower-quality product it would take her less dosage then it would me to achieve the same intensity of come down. Just as someone who is 5 foot 6 and 250 lb would more than likely need a larger dose then I would to achieve that same intensity of calm down. And of course that's if we all were the same type of user, very occasional, and if all three of us used on the same days and over the same time span with the same amount of weeks or months between usage. The only thing different would be the amount of the dosage each of us did at the Times all three of us were doing it. Kind of the same way with alcohol, it may take my female friend three drinks to get drunk, and me 5 drinks to get drunk and the six foot five guy 7 drinks to get drunk

Another factor is how does the cocaine affect you mentally. How does it affect the dopamine receptors. And I'm sure how it's metabolized in the liver would have an effect on that. My female friend says she can do a bump in the morning when she's tired and dragging with no energy. After she does the bump she says she's good the rest of the day. For me, a bumper doesn't do anything but give me a mild numbing sensation in my mouth. So there's plenty of different factors, how much tolerance have you built up I'm sure wordplay on how intense the Comedown is. Does your liver metabolites the cocaine quickly and does a small dose get you high or do you need a couple of lines?

So it's hard to say. I'm sure my female friend because she is a light occasional user and mostly does it just for the fun of it, I'm sure a gram in one night would be more than enough to get her coked-out and feel like crap the next day. And I'm sure for me, also an occasional user who does it mostly for the fun of it, I'm sure one gram wouldn't probably get me coked-out but probably not feeling 100% of the next day. Can't say if I would have a crazy full-on come down but I'm sure I would have the onset of it.

In the quantities you're talking about, I can't imagine you're building up much, if any tolerance. I've no idea if the age of it makes a difference, I'd think not, but not sure if any cuts could effect that, but discussion of cuts isn't allowed.

With my own personal experience, being a light occasional just for fun kind of user, the age of the cocaine doesn't seem to affected as long as it's been stored in a dry climate controlled area and not left out for the humidity and elements of to get to it. In 2007 when I got away from cocaine, I had about 7 grams that I had in my emergency stash. All of the cocaine that I have done a few times over the course of two or three months has as old as anywhere from 2004 to 2007. Some of it was a little bit better than average quality and some of it was really decent nice shimmery flaky fish scale. In fact, the last bit of shimmery flaky pearlescent fish scale that I finished up back in February was from back around that time span, it still produced a very good nice high with hardly any negative side effects. In fact, about a week ago I got a gram of really decent fish scale and in my own opinion, the old fish scale that I had back in February was a bit better quality then the good stuff that I got about a week ago.

In my experience it builds quick but recovers rather quickly as well, in a few hours or 1-2 days normally but can vary depending on the amount of time of use before that and the dosages at which it was used during that time.