Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Shakti - Divine Conscious Force

overmind1

Bluelighter
Shakti - Divine Conscious Force

Is so much higher, even lower forms like Prana (life force) is hard to control or realise constantly...

I realise it with ease when on Cannabis, but without it, it takes a process of quietening, building physical energy, directing that over a few days without spilling it, then in that higher physical condition I can realise Prana, but then the night comes.... time to sleep, when you wake up you have to start again... or else you get distracted in some worldly thought or action and lose touch...

this is the biggest hurdle for me right now..., with cannabis it is like a flick of a switch, boom the inner being opens up and your free to wander around in the psychic or subliminal wonders... but what if you dont have it or have built up tolerance or are having side effects from it, dependence is always a weakness...

So my question is:

How do i get in touch with the highest conscious force the Divine Shakti, seems like its all a Work, constant work, constant aspiration, constant struggle, lots of time to build up to that moment, and then a moment of lapse of concentration, or some involvement in outward activity and you have lost touch. or when you sleep and your connection is lost once you wake up, how do i remain conscious in my sleep...

Reference:

The Synthesis of Yoga

Chapter XVIThe Divine Shakti

To open ourselves to the universalenergy is always possible to us, because that is all around us and
always flowing into us, it is that which supports and supplies
all our inner and outer action and in fact we have no power
of our own in any separately individual sense, but only a personal
formulation of the one Shakti. And on the other hand this
universal Shakti is within ourselves, concentrated in us, for the
whole power of it is present in each individual as in the universe,
and there are means and processes by which we can awaken its
greater and potentially infinite force and liberate it to its larger
workings.

At present we
are conscious only of the power as formulated in our physical
mind, nervous being and corporeal case sustaining our various
activities. But if we can once get beyond this first formation
by some liberation of the hidden, recondite, subliminal parts
of our existence by Yoga, we become aware of a greater life
force, a pranic Shakti, which supports and fills the body and
supplies all the physical and vital activities,—for the physical
energy is only a modified form of this force,—and supplies
and sustains too from below all our mental action. This force
we feel in ourselves also, but we can feel it too around us and
above, one with the same energy in us, and can draw it in and
down to aggrandise our normal action or call upon and get it
to pour into us. It is an illimitable ocean of Shakti and will
pour as much of itself as we can hold into our being. This
pranic force we can use for any of the activities of life, body
or mind with a far greater and effective power than any that
we command in our present operations, limited as they are by
the physical formula. The use of this pranic power liberates us
from that limitation to the extent of our ability to use it in
place of the body-bound energy. It can be used so to direct the
prana as to manage more powerfully or to rectify any bodily
756 The Yoga of Self-Perfection
state or action, as to heal illness or to get rid of fatigue, and
to liberate an enormous amount of mental exertion and play of
will or knowledge. The exercises of Pranayama are the familiar
mechanical means of freeing and getting control of the pranic
energy. They heighten too and set free the psychic, mental and
spiritual energies which ordinarily depend for their opportunity
of action on the pranic force. But the same thing can be done by
mental will and practice or by an increasing opening of ourselves
to a higher spiritual power of the Shakti.

It's different for every person, but I find body work is the strongest for me. I got a taste for enlightened states using substances, but they were so heady that it caused dissociation from my body. I feel like, unless you go back and re-integrate old trauma that has taken place in the body, then you won't be able to feel God-as-you when you enter this state. You will instead be dissolving yourself into the Absolute and spiritually bypassing your human level experience. It becomes a form of self-denial and the body-mind begins to wither with each session.

I did an improv dance workshop two years ago that was loosely structured. Sometimes everyone was expressing themselves at will while at other times the instructor would offer structured tasks. After hours of doing it, the whole room began to feel like a composition... there would be synchronous intersections between people, with limitless creativity. There was a moment when I laid on the floor spread-eagle while everyone else was moving around me. I was the only one not moving out of 22 people. It wasn't planned, it just happened that way. And suddenly this strong sense of Divinity went from head to toe, from neck to balls, from finger tip to crown, and I started sobbing. The composition was perfect without anyone really trying. I have never had that experience while using substances. I find that substances hinder that clarity.

I've decided for myself that I'd rather experience Shakti in my own ways, like through body work, rather than having my consciousness forcibly blasted open. There's something special about developing the channels in an organic, natural way... the roots of a tree growing. I find that substances blast open every channel indiscriminately and your unique humanness gets lost in that process. That, and it's very magical and awe-inspiring to see that you have everything you need within your own being to access this. Nothing needs to be added.

When I left the dance studio, it became very obvious that the composition never ended. The world at large was also a composition... every living thing and even the inanimate objects being part of a divinely orchestrated construct, and that everything was OK, no matter what was happening.

I think if you can experience Divine-as-you and Divine-as-oneness simultaneously, that is Shakti. If either is obscured or over-emphasized, you'll be lost. I spent most of my 20's trying to experience Divine-as-oneness and it ended up making me very sick because I was brushing aside my own humanity as a lesser reality and the consequence of that was a dimming of my life force.

I can understand what you mean.

I got a taste for enlightened states using substances, but they were so heady that it caused dissociation from my body..

you have to secure the base before rising above the clouds, like the peak of those mountain tops that remain grounded...

I can understand what you mean.

you have to secure the base before rising above the clouds, like the peak of those mountain tops that remain grounded...

I don't believe it's possible to be grounded while on psychedelics. At least, not at doses meaningful enough to induce divine contact.

Have you ever tried mescaline, Foreigner? I find it to reliably produce an extremely grounded state. It's pretty unique in that regard.

Have you ever tried mescaline, Foreigner? I find it to reliably produce an extremely grounded state. It's pretty unique in that regard.

I think Foreigner has made some good points and its a common experience of many psychedelic users.

However in my personal experience I can even become more grounded while trying canna-edibles. I can also however get lost in a vase subliminal mentality or vital layers, something attracts you or makes you afraid, some thought or intuition which can be misinterpreted and captures you, because may be you still had desires, or ambition, or ego, something pulls you, ...

just because the subliminal or the inner world or inner being is vast and infinite, has a heap of knowledge doesnt mean that there is a complete knowledge or integral knowledge and nature of mind is to focus on one thing at a time or many at a time but not all or infinity, so unless you are guided by a higher being or your own higher self, you can be misleaded,

unless the base is prepared , unless the vessel is ready then you cant even use it for evolution of your being,

, unless your consciousness is still mental and not situated permanently in the higher spirtualised mental planes,

unless you then integrate in your body, then its just like the escape of a nihilistic or ascetic or nirvana seeking souls, which may be a way for some but still world purpose is not fulfiled by that escape, world is not a dream or an original illusion, illusion is itself an illusion, there is only one being and out of his body everything is formed, his supermind is secretly present and overlooking, and is evolving slowly, preparing the lower parts , all this has not been done in vain, but the surrender of the human soul is somethign without which there is little hope...

That's one I haven't tried, unfortunately. For now I feel pretty done with psychedelics. They provided a lot of answers but not really the ones I was looking for.

I find mescaline far more clearheaded and centering than marijuana.

Same here. That's been a favorite over my whole life. It's just that it wasn't always easy for me to come by.