• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

Global Underground have uploaded their back catalogue to Mixcloud so I have started downloading these seminal compilations beginning with GU 1 - Tony De Vit - Tel Aviv - which was actually recorded live @ 'Alenbi 58' (a local club within the city.

GU 2 - Paul Oakenfold - New York, is a fantastic example of a British house DJ beginning to adopt the influences of the psychedelic trance music he had been exploring through the niche of beach parties in Goa and Thailand, translating it for the dance floors of the top Clubs around the world, from Ibiza to his groundbreaking residency at Creams legendary Saturday nights @ The Nation in Liverpool - a central aspect of the trance explosion in the UK in the 2nd half of the 90's.

And that is just the first 2 compilations. This series represents one of the most comprehensive histories of progressive club music from 1996 to the present day (which is personally cool as I has only started going to raves and house music clubs in late '95, being too young to have experienced the original rave scene at the start of the 90's)

Global Underground - the entire catalogue on Mixcloud
I've still got a mixtape from TDV in my possession which one day I will convert to m3 together with a few others.

Watching 'plebs' on TV atm. But after that, feeling in the mood for some Trees of Eternity. Maybe some Even Vast, Katatonia or Otep.

Fucking love Otep, that girl can't half scream.

Just got my copy of this today (I've been looking forward to it for months) and I am currently on the penultimate track. Great mix but pretty deep, one that I think will be a real grower...

fa99-sasha-packshot_small.jpg