• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Worried about Me and My Familys saftey (NEED FEEDBACK)

touchofgrey92

Bluelighter
Back in 2013 or 2014, I got tied up in a bad situation involving Meth. I'm not going to go into too many details to avoid confusion, because its one hell of a story and even now, 4-5 years later, I am feeling repercussions from all this. So basically, after I had a really bad episode of meth induced psychosis in 2014 I think it was, I ended up going to my family after the incident. I am so blessed to have them. This sparked curiosity and paranoia in the people that I did the Meth with. 3-4 months after the incident, the guy who I did the Meth with ended up getting busted. So then they all started filling me out and asking me questions. Because of how it looked when I stopped coming around and got help from my family. "He hasn't been back since he moved back in with his family, and now cops are all over our ass, I bet him in his family went to the police" My intuition tells me that this is whats going on. They are so fucking strung out on Meth, that they needed a scapegoat for their own bullshit, when In reality, they've all told on they're selves. I can tell by all the looks I get when I go in town to buy cigarettes.

I've got pretty damn good intuition.

They all think me and my family went to the fucking police, and now me and my family is in danger because in the midst of they're meth induced paranoia, they have made ME the fucking scapegoat, and I would assume that's why there is a bullet hole in my front window. I don't feel safe. Has anybody ever been through anything like this. I feel so haunted and afraid right now. Part of me thinks I should destroy all 4 of them for the sake of my family's safety. IDK....Someone talk to me please. Thanks....:(

Last edited:
There are a few parts that are still confusing about this. 1: Did you cut off ties in 2014 after going back to your family? In which case you've had little/no contact with them since then? 2: If you've been filled in by others in the group, is there anything that you said that may have suggested that you spoke to authorities or anything that didn't explicitly deny that you went to them that might have sparked their paranoia? 3: You said going into town is uncomfortable, so you still see some of these people regularly?

Based on what I know (and assuming a couple things), I would say, if you run into them, point out that it's been years since the incident and you haven't mentioned a word to anyone or else they probably wouldn't be there in that moment (careful not to provoke them). Now the bullet hole in the window is pretty serious (if it is really a bullet hole, not to say I don't believe that it's a bullet, just not 100% convinced). If you're in that level of danger, I would talk to your family about possibly moving if you don't mind disclosing the window story (may freak them out and make them actually go to the cops).

Clear up those questions and hopefully people here can give some helpful advice. Stay safe.

I can't say that I've been in your exact situation but I sure did burn some bridges from that lifestyle. It was for the best though because I'm clean now and want to keep all that behind me. For the most part I've found that your drug friends are no longer your friends when you quit getting high with them.

Getting dirty looks and comments is one thing but a bullet through your window is another story. That would scare the hell out of me. Did this happen recently? The person got busted in 2014 or did I read this wrong? Don't resort to violence or do something that will land you in jail. What you can do is install a security camera in case they come back to your home, you would have documentation. In the event this happens, you would need to go to the police in order to keep your family safe.

There are a few parts that are still confusing about this. 1: Did you cut off ties in 2014 after going back to your family? In which case you've had little/no contact with them since then? 2: If you've been filled in by others in the group, is there anything that you said that may have suggested that you spoke to authorities or anything that didn't explicitly deny that you went to them that might have sparked their paranoia? 3: You said going into town is uncomfortable, so you still see some of these people regularly?

Based on what I know (and assuming a couple things), I would say, if you run into them, point out that it's been years since the incident and you haven't mentioned a word to anyone or else they probably wouldn't be there in that moment (careful not to provoke them). Now the bullet hole in the window is pretty serious (if it is really a bullet hole, not to say I don't believe that it's a bullet, just not 100% convinced). If you're in that level of danger, I would talk to your family about possibly moving if you don't mind disclosing the window story (may freak them out and make them actually go to the cops).

Clear up those questions and hopefully people here can give some helpful advice. Stay safe.

Yes, I did stay in contact with them. Which I admit was bad, but they were the only people I could get weed from because of these STUPID LAWS. So yes I have sporadically been in contact with them. That's one of the reasons I chose to give up cannabis about 10 days ago, and yes I told them that the incident has ruined my life, and they know my dad is a hardcore conservative, but what they DONT KNOW, is that my Dad hates snitches. Question 3, yes, its a small town plagued by Meth, I see them all the time, and some very powerful people are addicted to the stuff. The bullet had to have been of a small caliber, but I do believe it is a bullet hole.

Me and my family noticed the hole about 3 months ago, I just don't see a bird being able to peck at the window long enough to produce the hole.

Just these few responses mean a lot to me, this has been a really tough day, not that I don't want more responses because I do. I just feel pressed to again say, Thanks for the responses thus far, and any future responses in advance.

So...If we do move away, then they're REALLY gonna think we all snitched. "They moved away, we were right, They snitched!" I can't let them have that victory, they've taken enough.

Personally I think the security camera(s) are the best suggestion yet. Is that something you could handle doing and hopefully (at least I think so) trying to not make them readily visible to the naked eye. Any thoughts on that aspect assuming it's something you'd be OK doing?

sounds like you are a bit paranoid. If the bullet came in the window it had to hit something, couch, chair, wall, floor. measure the hole, maybe a BB gun?

Well, it also sounds like he has some legitimate cause for paranoia-- I would, too!
Cameras sound like a good idea. Whether you are actually ever going to be endangered by any of these people is uncertain but the important thing for you to do is to redirect your thinking when it gets fearful because this can really have an effect on your health, your family relationships etc. I was traveling by myself in South America a few years ago, staying in shady parts of cities, etc. I got really paranoid at first--all fueled by real stories of real horrors that had happened to other solo women travelers as well as to locals to the point where I was paralyzed by my fear. I had to sit myself down and have a talk with that very familiar part of my brain--"the worrier". Basically, I reminded myself that when and IF something bad did happen I would react then. Imagining it and steeping myself in worry did nothing but keep me in a compromised state when nothing bad was actually happening. It took some mental work but I let that paranoia go and had a great trip. No bad experiences and in fact, quite the opposite. Had I given in to my fearful way of thinking I would have wasted a lot of time for nothing gained. Right now you are working on important stuff--dealing with your recovery, repairing family relationships and most importantly, the relationship with yourself. tell yourself that you will be cautious and aware but not unduly concerned. more than likely they will talk and nothing else.

this is just one person who lives in a small town that sounds a lot like your's opinion. I would politely cease contact with them (I assume this is a circle of people) and I highly doubt anything is to come of it. If you are approached just remember you DIDN'T narc this is all a mindgame; it will probably just be "how come you ain't callin anymore" which gives you a perfect in to tell them that you don't want anything to do with the whole situation anymore because I have the feeling someone isn't being honest (however the jargon for that is where you are) (feeds into the paranoia and deflects off you). Some new cams probably wouldn't hurt. tweakers despise being on cam and even the sight of them might be enough. Again there is infinite variables involved with this and the only real talk I can give you is that you made here you can make it out. Really no one can tell you how a spun out tweaker with iron is gunna react as you appear well aware of, is there anyone they think you snitched on or just a lingering concern?

I wouldnt go along with the police personally. If they had you up on charges that would be leverage but you prolly had such small amount it wasnt worth the arrest.

But its your call mate.

Either way its a good time to get out of the scene.