• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New member here, just going trhough with formalities of saying "Hello" to everyone.

kingbtd

Greenlighter
New member here, just going trhough with formalities of saying "Hello" to everyone.

I'm originally from Chicago but have long since moved overseas. Twenty-some years I've been living in Germany and I lived and worked in China for two years.
I stumbled upon this site when I googled "LSD & Nitrous Oxide". I was looking for an appropriate picture to go along with the publication (on a website) of a chapter from a book I published a few years back. The chapter is about my best mate and how, when we were young (circa 1983), he worked nights cleaning a dentist office. In addition to sitting in the dentist chair high on LSD and having the nitrous gas mask strapped to your face, my mate would put on the white dentist kittle and eventually pull the mask from your face and give you a fluoride treatment! It's over thirty years later and I still consider this one of the best, most fun experiences I've ever had. His sparkly eyes beaming down at you as you lay there in the chair, and the insane laughter from all those present filling every part of your being as he cleaned your mouth. And then you'd laugh, too, because it was insanely funny, and since your voice, due to the nitrous, was so low, your own laughter would cause an even more hysterical round of laughter. It was magical.

I was just curious as to what goes on on this site, and was looking to read about other people's experiences.

I'm in my fifties, I teach English and Ethics at a HS school in Germany. And when I'm not doing that I write, read, still skateboard, play with my kids, cook, ride my bike, try to be a better husband....and long for the day when I have time to do LSD and nitrous again.

Cheers

Hey man, welcome to Bluelight :)

I've never really been into nitrous - the few times I've tried it, it was just a sense of strangeness and automated laughter. I wouldn't say no to it in a dental setting though.

Have read a few reports of people using it while on LSD in the Trip Reports forum and it does sound like a bit of a wacky path to misadventure and hilarity.

There's a bit of everything on Bluelight. Political discussion, banter, life advice, articles etc. Mainly though, we try to encourage people to prioritise safe use should they choose to use drugs, and also provide a non-judgemental and open place for people to discuss drug-related issues.. at least that's my interpretation.

Also, glad to hear you're still skating in your fifties. I turn 30 this year and haven't been for a skate in far too long. Makes me feel lazy!

Anyway, have a look around the site and feel free to chime in where ever.

Cheers

Welcome :)

Back when I had the time for such activities, LSD and Nitrous Oxide was one of my most favorite combos to do. When I had a steady supply of Nitrous at my disposal I would use it with everything and pretty much had to have it with every trip I went on.

Thanks Kaden_Nite and thanks for stopping by and saying hello! cheers from the land of the repealed bathroom bill! (I am from Dresden now, but in the USA taking care of some things for my sick mother. My journey begins on Tuesday and will be done on Thursday!)

Thanks Swertz for stopping by and saying hello. Ah, "back when I had time" the activities were plentiful and joyous. I was just reminiscing a bit because the friend who used to work at the dentist office and administer the "treatments" came to visit me here in North Carolina last week. I'm here taking care of things for my sick mother and his presence has made this trip a bit more joyous. So I kind of joined this site because of this good friend still being a good friend....the memories he's given me and still gives me reach far into the past and future. Or perhaps I'm still strapped in that dentist chair and the past thirty-three years have just been an illusion and I am soon to regain consciousness from the voyages of a gas fueled trip!? I would definitely not be surprised to wake up and see his sparkling eyes beaming down at me, the corners of his insane smile peeking out from behind the edges of the dentists mask and hearing his insane laughter -- nor would I be disappointed. Ha! Cheers from the land of the repealed bathroom bill!