• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why can't I feel drugs mentally?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Had no clue where to post this - it isn't related to harm reduction in any way but there doesn't seem to be anywhere online with an answer to this one. I have aspergers which I think may be a big reason why this is the case for me.. but to the point.. I can never 'tell' i'm feeling drugs mentally? Whether it's weed, speed, coke, booze, ketamine whatever... I can never tell if i'm feeling the 'high' only the physical effects. The only drug I've so far felt the 'high' from is MDMA, which clearly changed my headspace. But as far as I can tell, I've always felt the same mentally after most drugs. Even back in the good ol days where bud would get me stoned as hell, my mind always felt normal, no conceptual thinking, no sped up thoughts... how are you supposed to notice the mental high from drugs? Do you think having aspergers could make it harder for me to notice it? Any other fellow aspies who also have a hard time noticing their mental highs?

Very possibly over analyzing this "mental" aspect. What mental effects would in your opinion a normal person feel mentally on speed, or what have you, that you don't?

Hey guys. Same, alcohol affects me quite strongly. It does impair my thinking, but doesn't give me euphoria.
The rest of the drugs i mentioned genuinely don't give me much of a mental high, or rather, I can't notice it . As CFC said, I think this is because my inner voice overpowers everything.

For example with weed, I have music appreciation, physical euphoria, slight mood lift, munchies etc.. so you could say I have that aspect of the mental high.. however I don't have:

- Accelerated thoughts
- Impaired thinking or memory
- Impaired coordination
- Anxiety / Paranoia
- Conceptual thinking / psychedelia
- Euphoria
- Dissociation
- Creativity enhancement
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Mindfulness
- Time distortion

ive never had any of these effects even from when I first began using. Except euphoria.

You should check out psyched substance on youtube. He actually has a friend with Asbergers who has tested several difference substances. The one I saw was his friend taking 750ug of acid (which, quite predictably, he didn't appear to feel as intensely as someone else on that high of a dose.

I know that my ADHD prevents me from feeling a lot of the euphoria from stimulants such as amphetamine, methamphetamine, or cocaine. My reason for mentioning my condition is that I have done extensive research on that through literature and forums and it appears to be a trend (whereas many ADHDers report being more sensitive to weed, myself included). Based on the assumption that your condition alters your perception of the world, adding a perception altering substance may "glitch out" in a way by not producing the typical intoxicating effects.

From the limited knowledge I have of AS, it's possible your brain may just have an insanely high tolerance to mind-altering substances. By saying that, I am by no means encouraging you to take larger doses, but it might be something to think about when trying to make the decision as to whether you'll continue on a self-experimentation journey.

I've seen it! I love psyched substance. And thankyou for the information. Yes, I do need to take quite high doses usually, except with MDMA. I'm yet to see how I tolerate psychedelics. I can control myself extremely well on ketamine, and could on the first time trying it. I can walk quite easily even at high doses and I can generally speak to people fine. I think I snorted around 400mg in a couple hours last time, didn't hole with no tolerance.

If you really want a mindfuck, smoke salvia. It's not something I'd recommend as a recreational experience, but it is safe and short-acting, short-lasting.

DMT won't make you THINK differently, however a high dose breakthrough is unlike almost anything else. It will forcefully challenge your notion of how deep a trip can go.

In general psychedelics give the best mental highs; it may take a little searching to find the one that best resonates with you. I always enjoyed the leapfrogging thoughts that came with LSA, for example. An otherwise underwhelming drug.