European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Oxycodone munchies?

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
Never get this with any other opioids but oxycodone almost always gives me mad food cravings about 30 mins after it kicks in almost like cannabis. Any reason for this? Anyone else get it?

Morphine, heroin, tramadol and methadone always reduced my appetite so wonder if theres anything specific about oxy that could do this :)

Last edited:
In the 'honeymoon period' of heroin addiction, I used to get mad muchies for sweets and chocolate. I believe this is quite common.

honeymoon period as in low tolerance and great times? :) I get it for chocolate too and fatty stuff like burgers and chips

maybe morphine and tramadol did the opposite because of their worse side effects on the stomach. oxycodone never gave me the slightest bit of nausea

honeymoon period as in low tolerance and great times? :) I get it for chocolate too and fatty stuff like burgers and chips

maybe morphine and tramadol did the opposite because of their worse side effects on the stomach. oxycodone never gave me the slightest bit of nausea

I get the same sweet tooth with benzos

must be some effect on the brain. benzos reduce my appetite as well, actually had an upset stomach from valleys once

Yeah man, I've been on vallies last night and I've just popped another 30mg and I'm getting hunger pangs already lol.

I wish I still had daily access to Oxy though. Gawd I used to adore the stuff. Especially the Oxynorm IR liquid, in the begining 20mg of that would have me on cloud 9, kicks in in under 5 minutes!

Built up a BIG habit with the stuff though and it's the main reason I'm on 80mg methadone today. I only pick up once a week and take all my doses home, but it still sucks, I'm only 27 don't wanna be stuck on it forever. I was a case of needs must at the time though, I was working and Oxy wouldn't hold me for the full day at work and I couldn't be doing every couple hours so I needed the long hlaf life methadone offered. I still regret not just doing my rattle from the Oxy and being done with it, but oh well. We can't change the past can we.

yeah I always did with the Oxycontin, tho the only kind of oxy i had was old format 80 mg long release pills.But mainly when my tolerance was low,my tramadol tolerance was then at 1000mg or above but strangely it did not affect my oxycodone tolerance.I got the sweet tooth too, at that time I did not eat at all how a normal person should,my eating is fine now tho,but I had a weakness for sweets since I was a little child.and you need to hit the right spot dosage wise because if you do too much you are gonna vomit more than eating.it's like one time when I drank so much water on heroin but I used to vomit it afterwards,and I kept a whole day drinking water,feeling good and vomiting. :))) This happened in UK you have good #3 H and nice ket too.I really enjoy my holidays in England,my best friend moved there with his whole family a few years ago.

Yeah man, I've been on vallies last night and I've just popped another 30mg and I'm getting hunger pangs already lol.

I wish I still had daily access to Oxy though. Gawd I used to adore the stuff. Especially the Oxynorm IR liquid, in the begining 20mg of that would have me on cloud 9, kicks in in under 5 minutes!

Built up a BIG habit with the stuff though and it's the main reason I'm on 80mg methadone today. I only pick up once a week and take all my doses home, but it still sucks, I'm only 27 don't wanna be stuck on it forever. I was a case of needs must at the time though, I was working and Oxy wouldn't hold me for the full day at work and I couldn't be doing every couple hours so I needed the long hlaf life methadone offered. I still regret not just doing my rattle from the Oxy and being done with it, but oh well. We can't change the past can we.

Oxy is phenominal isnt it :) im blessed to finally have it on repeat prescription haha, never gonna stop. The liquid does seem to kick in harder and faster I had that too! probably absorbs quicker. did you try extended release oxy like oxycontin or longtec? that holds me great if I dont crush or chew it but doesnt give the high at my current dose. Before my tolerance though it was like waves of warm glory the whole day at work, miss those days

ER oxy is like very weak methadone but im sorry that happened. mine got out of control too because it was just too good and I used it to escape a difficult time rather than just for pain and the odd high, ended up on 80mg methadone a day too for a bit and ironically used oxycontin to detox from that. I found methadone withdrawal much longer and nastier like many ppl. im in my 20s too and the heart problems and everything associated with long term methadone use really put me off

Mixing methadone and dihydro were nice times btw :)

Last edited:
yeah I always did with the Oxycontin, tho the only kind of oxy i had was old format 80 mg long release pills.But mainly when my tolerance was low,my tramadol tolerance was then at 1000mg or above but strangely it did not affect my oxycodone tolerance.I got the sweet tooth too, at that time I did not eat at all how a normal person should,my eating is fine now tho,but I had a weakness for sweets since I was a little child.and you need to hit the right spot dosage wise because if you do too much you are gonna vomit more than eating.it's like one time when I drank so much water on heroin but I used to vomit it afterwards,and I kept a whole day drinking water,feeling good and vomiting. :))) This happened in UK you have good #3 H and nice ket too.I really enjoy my holidays in England,my best friend moved there with his whole family a few years ago.

The oxycontin 80s are good, especially if you crush em, thats like long lasting heroin without the side effects and puke for me :)

Tramadol 1000mg and above is very dangerous to do and stop, hope you didnt have a seizure. Yeah tramadol gave me pretty bad nausea especially on an empty tummy haha

UK does have good heroin but depends where you go, some is bad. We lack the availability of opioid pills like hydromorphone the US has on the streets

Yeah its a bugger, I've noticed that. Doctors here are really tightfisted a lot of the time with opioids, even for hospital casualties who are known long term pain patients, they often are perfectly willing to fuck someone off with 10 or 20mg oramorph and leave them to withdraw, never mind treating their injuries for pain!

Although have once found 200mg morphine XR 'zomorph' caps on the streets for sale, bought all the guy had when I saw those by chance, which prep for shooting really well. The oxy liquid is alright too, stupid fucking hospital that kept me in withdrawal and agony after I burned my eye badly, sent me out eventually with a load of eye meds, a liter of oxynorm liquid, a fucking shitton of boxes of oxy IR caps, morphine sulfate zomorph caps in various dose sizes, boxes of moggies and 2 full hospital pharmacy dispensing size bottles of chlormethiazole caps, I think they realized how close I was to putting in an official complaint about my treatment in there. Even denied my fucking seizure meds.

" Tramadol 1000mg and above is very dangerous to do and stop, hope you didnt have a seizure. " I only had a seizure once at 300 mg and in a amphetamine comedown. I used to take more than 1000 mg then so this quick transition to such a low dose made my brain go mad :))) Other times I did not have no seizures at all, maybe my liver is not converting the whole stuff and less mg get in my blood.

If your liver had been less efficiently converting it to O-desmethyltramadol then seizure would be MORE, not less likely. Due to higher levels of tramadol itself in plasma, AFAIK O-desmethyltramadol lacks the noradrenergic, serotonergic effects etc. that all together, make tramadol into nasty shit that sucks ass and lowers seizure threshold over 300mg. Over 300mg is AFAIK, officially where the dose shouldn't exceed, with tramadol. 1g is plain stupid IMO, no offense meant. Its asking for trouble and laying out a red carpet for that trouble when it arrives and leaving a house key under the welcome mat, specifically for seizures and other trouble.

in 5 years of usage my tolerance required to take 1000 mg, I would not feel the effects with dosages under 1000 mg. and in 5 years I had no seizures till the one I talked about and after that I got clean of it anyway.

Yeah its a bugger, I've noticed that. Doctors here are really tightfisted a lot of the time with opioids, even for hospital casualties who are known long term pain patients, they often are perfectly willing to fuck someone off with 10 or 20mg oramorph and leave them to withdraw, never mind treating their injuries for pain!

Although have once found 200mg morphine XR 'zomorph' caps on the streets for sale, bought all the guy had when I saw those by chance, which prep for shooting really well. The oxy liquid is alright too, stupid fucking hospital that kept me in withdrawal and agony after I burned my eye badly, sent me out eventually with a load of eye meds, a liter of oxynorm liquid, a fucking shitton of boxes of oxy IR caps, morphine sulfate zomorph caps in various dose sizes, boxes of moggies and 2 full hospital pharmacy dispensing size bottles of chlormethiazole caps, I think they realized how close I was to putting in an official complaint about my treatment in there. Even denied my fucking seizure meds.

Its disgraceful here isnt it, cant believe they kept you in withdrawal!! people really need to begin fighting back, nobody deserves to be in needless pain and fed bullshit like "opioids arent effective for chronic pain".. Should be criminal to put someone in that agony even if its some stupid guidelines. I needed higher doses once after coming off my motorbike because of tolerance and they did nothing even though they could see my oxycodone prescriptions, on top of it they were rude af about it as if a pain patient = a homeless addict on the streets to them (completely no disrespect) just because youre dependent on an opioid. they'd need the same thing in that situation, hopefully karma exists for those immoral nhs scumbags

My worst experience I was taken to a&e from a tramadol withdrawal seizure after running out of it after using 800mg/day for over a month (I know this dose was always ok for me) and also was on methamphetamine comedown (didnt mention this to the docs and im not a big user of stimulants) and they treated me like such crap saying "you shouldnt have done this to yourself, Im not going to give you any tramadol, what youre doing is asking for drugs" could not believe those words and that theyd put me in that danger keeping me in withdrawal (Ive had withdrawal from oxy, heroin & methadone and tramadol was by far the worst). eventually one of the more qualified docs gave me some hours later but to put someone in that anxiety and fear of having another seizure + extreme discomfort and being in a potentially dealdly withdrawal..

How much was the zomorph may I ask? :)

" Tramadol 1000mg and above is very dangerous to do and stop, hope you didnt have a seizure. " I only had a seizure once at 300 mg and in a amphetamine comedown. I used to take more than 1000 mg then so this quick transition to such a low dose made my brain go mad :))) Other times I did not have no seizures at all, maybe my liver is not converting the whole stuff and less mg get in my blood.

Coming down/stopping tramadol after long term use is very dangerous not to mention agony, its how I had my first and only seizure^ the nhs needs to begin taking proper care of people experiencing wds

Yeah, those fucking bastards didn't even MAINTAIN me on the doses of painkillers, antiseizure meds, muscle relaxer I take for nerve damage-induced constant, unceasing muscle spasm in the affected area (it feels like being torn apart from the inside and is absolutely agonizing without my tizanidine), hell they denied me the benzo script I had, cold turkey. Gave me ONE 7.5mg zopiclone pill, the entire time I was there. Despite the fact my rx says 5mg nitrazepam twice daily. And KNOWING the scripts were both legit and long-term.

While I was in there I didn't even get enough to hold me without withdrawing severely, shit all that together, it could have fucking killed me!. Yet when I got discharged they gave me a HUGE bag of meds, when I'd requested they give me enough just to last a couple of days over the weekend in order to keep in one piece until monday to get a doctor appt.)

Then they gave me that bin-bag sized out-take bag of several different morphine dosage type units, oxy IR capsules, a liter of oxynorm liquid, the two pharmacy stock bottles of chlormethiazole, loads of nitrazepam, even meds I wasn't scripted outside of hospital normally like 100mg zomorph capsules (excellent for prepping and shooting up, tizanidine, clonidine and other things besides. Didn't treat me AT ALL, bar antibiotics and something like 20mg oxy twice a day and 10mg ORAL morphine twice a day, eventually much lower than usual levels of chlormethiazole when I got REALLY pissy and kept on at them and on at them, and pointed out that withdrawal alone from these GABAergic drugs if it were to happen could KILL a patient.

They actually looked shocked when in front of them, shaking like a piece of aerogel in a wind-tunnel, I managed to get the liquid oxynorm (they gave me capsules, and lots of them too) at discharge, and didn't even measure out a dose, but drank from the bottle as if it were a can of coke, threw down a handful of heminevrin, swore profusely in relief, and went 'AAAAAhhhhhh THAT is fucking more like it'

As if to say 'how is this guy actually still alive after just doing that', and then walked out into the car-park to go and pack up a bong of a highly potent synthetic cannabinoid, drop some 2C-B-FLY and couple of 1p-LSD tabs. That synth-noid, it was the ONLY thing, until discharge, that was keeping me holding on to sanity. They got all worried and started trying to cluster round me and fret and whine and bitch, but I told them get the fuck lost after what you just DID to me for the past week-week and a half of cold turkey withdrawal (I'm not even counting that one tiny dose pill of zopiclone, I may as well have not taken it for all it did. I sure as shit got no sleep!), seeing me drop a handful of heminevrin (I asked for TWO DAYS of my med scripts to tide me over until I could see a GP, yet they gave me pharmacy stock-bottles, and whilst I was meant to be taking just the oxy as IR capsules, slugging from one of those liter bottles of oxynorm liquid like one would from a bottle of fizzy spring water, belching and telling them 'fuck THIS, I'm going for a bong!', and giving me a morphine dose as well as my regular daily two types that was far in excess of what I'm scripted, plus leaving a fucking cannula in a vein...needless to say, the filtered zomorph 100s, 30s and 10s were prepped and stuck in there the very moment I got home)...the look on their faces..looked like they were one step away from calling a crash cart. Although I'd told them bring naloxone anywhere NEAR me, and bad things are going to happen, making quite clear that I meant bad things would happen to the person bringing the naloxone towards me, without actually making a threat to anybody. Just making it clear that it wouldn't be ME that would be getting shot with naloxone, and the bad things would not be happening to me either)

And whilst before they were fretting and worrying about my falling over after 10mg ORAL morphine, telling me to stay on the ward in case I 'fell over', and my laughing in their faces, telling them 'fuckno, I'm going for a smoke, you going to try and stop me physically? I wouldn't try it if I were in your shoes...rather you in that position than me....', it was ridiculous.

10mg ORAL morphine isn't going to do shit for anybody! and especially not someone who could at the time easily IV a gram or more of dipropionylmorphine...christ wept...what morons.

IMO they were palming me off big time, knowing that there would have been a lawsuit against them if I'd have been thrown out on my ass and had to go through three more days of hardcore WD. Didn't even warn me after giving me that lot either, that I could easily, easily overdose on just their reccomended dosing of what they gave me in that big bag of pills and potions if it weren't for the fact (that they had no idea about) that I seem to be built like a tank in that respect!

The chlormethiazole ALONE, never mind the 210mg IM or IV morphine sulfate, the IR oxy capsules and liter or two of IR oxy liquid, benzo (nitrazepam) on top of that, plus 10mg XR, 30mg XR and 100mg XR morphine caps, could have killed a man without the inbuilt constituency like tank armor, fucking christ they'd have wiped me out stone dead if it wasn't for the fact that I am, even without tolerances one fucking resistant sonofabitch to such things.

It WAS kinda funny to see the looks on the nurses faces when I just tossed down a handful of heminevrin caps and washed them down with a half liter of oxynorm liquid, belched and said something along the lines of 'FINALLY', gave a satisfied, resounding belch, packed a bong and went to wait in the car park for my lift home. As if to say 'what..thE FUCK!!!'

Although at the time, I was at the time, thanks to those negligent fucks (and even without regards to my chronic pain and need for pain meds, I was BADLY injured at the time and even with no tolerance, 10-20mg oral morphine is next to nothing, hell you can BUY bottles of cough mixture containing 20mg morphine over the counter without prescription, as j.collis.browne's mixture.)

That doesnt surprise me at all, literally makes them as bad as murderers, you should complain! The fact they didnt give you your normal prescriptions like theyre meant to is fucked up. If a doc even thought of bringing naloxone near me id beat the fucker so hard until he howls for morphine. That bag on discharge must have felt like heaven, id have drank that oxy liquid like water. zomorph are great to snort too :)

I thought j collis mixture has other things that would make you sick?

That isn't even the start of it. They do that EVERY SINGLE TIME I have to go to hospital for ANY reason. Force withdrawal and leave me to rot. No or next to no pain relief (occasionally I've been given 10-20mg oramorph and if really, really lucky, 20mg OC XR every 12 hours. Even after showing the doctors a great wad of repeat slips, to prove exactly what I should be taking daily.

And a single zopiclone pill per night. Despite the fact I need to take a minimum of 3x192mg heminevrin (chlormethiazole) caps per day to prevent seizure. And keep a bottle of the stuff by my side, constantly so I can respond instantly (my seizures typically start myoclonic then turn atonic, resulting in complete paralysis. So I've a matter of seconds or minutes at most to try and respond. When they KNOW I need to take a minimum of 80mg oxy IR a day and couple of hundred mg morphine.

Denied it all, even the nitrazepam. They were damn lucky that I don't take the nitrazepam as directed (meant to be 10mg/d every day, but I rather, use 70mg or the entire box either split over two days, or all at once, no tolerance as a result) otherwise they'd have to have had me on a crash cart.

J.collis? sick? not in my experience, I've drank 5-6 bottles of the stuff many a time, and it just tastes minty and a bit funky, thats all.

And denying me any pain relief after I've had my fucking cornea burnt off by boiling hot corrosive alkali, to the extent that their eye test PH paper showed the PH of my eyeball to be off the fucking scale? sodamide/lithium amide and alkoxides, plus ammonia in the eye? no pain relief bar 10mg oral morphine (IMO even for a nontolerant patient, 10mg morphine orally is as good as no analgesia whatsoever. Got upped to 20 when I repeatedly begged and screamed in pain, to the extent it was disturbing other patients. Still, even after grabbing the syringe and sticking it up my ass right in front of the nurse, and having to explain plugging and bioavailability and first-pass metabolism through gritted teeth, with a coat wrapped round my head to block the light?

Talk about stingy as fuck. IMO an injury like that, in a definitively known highly tolerant chronic pain patient, that calls for IV or IM analgesia, and lots of it. No fucking around, just hit the patient with some heavy-duty pain meds.

As it was, only the nitrous I managed to beg from one kindly doctor who brought me the tank and left me with it, that helped for a while. But on the ward....shit, I even caught a nurse going through my backpack, and the few pain meds I did have with me, (was almost due for a new script the next morning), had my old man pick that up for me and bring it to the hospital along with some food etc.), I caught a nurse actually trying to go through my backpack, searching for meds so they could lock them up and then dispense them as they saw fit.

While I was asleep too, luckily while sleeping my senses are still pretty sharp, and I grabbed the bitch on reflex, as I woke, and told her if she ever went near my property again, I'd snap her arm and break her fingers one by one.

(had a fuckload of synth-weed, some 2C-B-FLY tabs in there as well, plus some 1p-LSD blotters and BK-2C-B.)
NOT something I wanted them to find. Thankfully the nurse got the right idea, I.e that I'd put her through the nearest window if ever I caught her fucking with so much as a bottle of coke.

On discharge...shit...the amount of meds they gave me, it was insane. As for the liquid oxy....I did exactly that. The nurses and doctors looking on with a look on their faces as if to say 'holy fucking SHIT what the fuck is he doing!' whilst quickly downing a handful of chlormethiazole caps, and railing some of the IR oxy cap powder. Drinking from one of the bottles of liquid oxy as if I were downing a cold beer =D

The look on their faces was priceless.

But yeah, they've done that to me so many times that I am actually more afraid to ring a damn ambulance for severe injury than I am of the problem itself. Several times, GPs have told me I need hospital treatment, and I've explained what they do, EVERY time, and told them give me what I need to treat myself, and I'll do it my way, at home, away from interfering shits who chances are, I'll end up losing it with and knocking the fuck out of one of them.

Complain? what do you mean? its already happened (4-5 times or so), and thus too damn late to do anything about it.

And yeah damn right that bag on discharge...fucking hell, soon as I got home, ground up a few of those 100mg zomorph (which I'm not even regularly scripted) and shot the fucker right up.

I can get 20mg oxynorm + 5mg endone (oxy IR) no probs from my doc. I might go for 5 weeks getting weekly scripts then wait 4 months and do it again. I have a pile of them here. Yes they do give me the munchies..bad

I can get 20mg oxynorm + 5mg endone (oxy IR) no probs from my doc. I might go for 5 weeks getting weekly scripts then wait 4 months and do it again. I have a pile of them here. Yes they do give me the munchies..bad

nice to know youre in the same boat bout the munchies :) where are you? Im guessing not the US as oxynorm isnt a big name there

Last edited: