• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health risperdal

dixon99

Greenlighter
hello. I'm new here. actually I used this site years ago to successfully get off oxycodone and then suboxone. I was on suboxone for about a year and had zero trouble coming off it.

I'm here today regarding risperdal. about a year ago i was put on this med for anxiety. since then a real doctor discovered that risperdal is actually causing my anxiety and depression. I began tapering off 1.5mg in October. going extremely slow...tapering 0.125mg per week or every 2 weeks. I got down to 0.25mg with pretty much zero problem or withdrawal. 2 days ago I dropped to 0.125mg and I'm doing ok, though I had some anxiety and trouble sleeping last night. I read a lot that many people do not have trouble coming off this. and I have had no trouble over the last few months. I'm in my head a bit now trying to finish off it. anyone that's been successful, it would be great to hear from. just need some encouragement to finish up. I'm also taking propranolol for an unrelated issue. that's the only prescription im on.

sorry I'm just looking for some encouragement to finish and get off this drug. I want off it badly!

Welcome to Bluelight!

You're definitely doing the right thing with a slow taper. And you've made it so far, you're in the home stretch now!

thank you! I've literally had no problems tapering down. my doctor said to cut to 0.125mg and then stop when I'm ready. I've seen people stop at higher doses so I wasn't sure I needed to taper or could just stop at 0.25mg. I never should have been put on this drug...was misdiagnosed in the hospital. I was put on 3mg then, which was stopped a month later cold turkey and I felt like crap for many days til I went back on at a lower dose. I just don't see anyway I could feel as bad as I did stopping 3mg cold turkey.