• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Stop using me for drugs

hojo82

Greenlighter
I'm 34. Ive Been doing drugs and at times sold them more than I want and I'm completely sick and tired of people that never did drugs before who were my best friends and women who I really had a thing for and then the next thing I know all they want is my drugs and they want nothing else. Then I feel like I created these dope fiend type people because I got them started on this downward spiral. Then I go into this deep depression like I am in now. FML.
Sorry I'm just venting here.
This girl I really like only is around me because I have been through the disease of addiction thoroughly and have wisdom and guidance to share but she's also still using meth on a daily basis and her judgement is skewed because of it and I wish she would stop. My best guy friend who was clean when I met him is now back on opiates and constantly asking me for Suboxone strips all because I let him have a piece one day and now he is off to the races. I feel that our friendship is in jeopardy.

Anybody else going through this same stuff? Wanna chat?

Thanks

I'm familiar with your problem. I was in a similar spot except I was the friend always looking to get right by my friends good nature. Y'know, that kind of relationship that started as really close friends, but devolved to the point where, if I had drugs, we wouldn't speak much at all, but when I needed drugs I'd be searching them out like a private investigator.

To be honest, the only real solution is to stop hooking them up with drugs. That happened to me, and while I was in a withdrawal rage at the time, that was probably one of the first steps towards me getting clean and once I was clean I helped them clean up and now our relationship is similar to how it was before we all started getting high every day.

BUT you've gotta be careful, get 3 users together who start reminiscing about the using days and they may help eachother justify a spectacular relapse haha.

You can stop giving them drugs and tell them you're concerned and stuff, but outside of that there isn't much you can do. But stop giving them drugs and they'll stop using you eventually. Oh and that friend who always asks for suboxone strips after you gave him one reminds me of what people say about feeding wild animals/birds. DONT DO IT, because then they'll always come back looking for more and you'll never be rid of them haha