Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - First Time - DMT trip

Stoned_in_Space

Greenlighter
I have some experience with mushrooms and LSD.
I decided to smoke some DMT one night. A friend held the bong and I took three inhales. Nothing happened. Probably because I coughed too much out.
I didn't want to waste the DMT, so I figured I would try one more time with a little pipe. I held it in as long as I could before coughing it out. Then I took two more inhales.
On the third inhale, my friend's hand became kind of blurry as he held the pipe and I lay down on the bed. He left the room and turned out the light. I started seeing lots of colorful wavey patterns emenating from a point. It was kind of like two colorful ripples in water, although the ripples were behaving quite strangely, like they were rippling in a physically impossible way. The ripples seemed to emenate from a point that may have been an eye, like an Egyptian eye, but I couldn't quite tell. I was thinking "so these are the visuals I'm supposed to see", but I still felt somewhat normal. There may have been more than one eye emitting ripples, but I couldn't quite tell. It was very foreign and some of the ripples seemed to be folding out for each other. But its hard to describe, because part of my consciousness was not normal either. While this was happening, my breathing felt more conscious. I felt my consciousness seem to transcend my body as if it left my body through my mouth and chest. I could not tell if I was myself or if I was my friend. Then I seemed to be simultaneously on my friend's bed and on my bed back at my house. My consciousness was behaving in mysterious ways. My breathing seemed to be more "spiritual" and "alive" and "superconnected"- that's the best I can describe it. I felt like part of my mind was in normal consciousness, while part of it went somewhere else. The visions slowly dissapated and I left the room. I felt a few rushes of energy, but I quickly returned to normal consciousness. The next few days I felt increased sense of creativity. I felt a little different, but in a good way.
I am guessing this was not a breakthrough experience. It was probably a mild DMT trip. I think I am not an experienced smoker, thats why I can't hold it in. What is everyone's impression?
If I ever did DMT again in the future, would taking a big inhale and then holding my mouth and nose shut for a few seconds do any good (to keep the smoke in)?

substancecode_dmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
I like reading reports on vaporized DMT, I find the first times to be the most interesting! :)

Sounds like you had a mild trip where you have entered the tunnel of breakthrough and brushed some of the reality on the "other side".

And the DMT afterglow is the best! Sometimes it may last months after the successful trip for me...:D

IMO you can breakthrough easier if you would use a glass bowl (aka freebase or crack/meth pipe) with a torch lighter, gently heating it from underneath and inhaling all the white globes of smoke. Its not really the holding of the smoke for really long time but the amount of it IME that matters. Loading a pea size of DMT (about 60mg) will ensure you will get strong effects. Plus, DMT does not cause tolerance, so you can repeat pretty much right away as long as you have enough material.

For me DMT always has heavy spiritual cosmic overtones so I recommend to check this out before blasting off - proper preparation makes a huge difference to the chaotic nature of the vaporized DMT experience.

Thank you for the TR, Stoned_in_Space! ;)