• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Portland, Oregon Junkies

eh as one of these people i'm gonna say that portland attracts those seeking an easy, comfortable life, and that includes all kinds of losers: wimps, yuppies, junkies, dopers, guys in their 30s who have no trouble getting social at the bar but get nervous and awkward when it comes to chasing down a woman who isn't easily read to be fun and slutty right off the bat....what can I say, even though it earned a hard reputation for most of te 20th century, portland is where shiftless people have always congregated to, due to its essentially perfect infrastructure and location, but now it's bringing in some of the wussiest, spoiled, unrealistic rich brats who have ruined cities everywhere. and copping is sort of a pain in the ass, unless youre a street person, which i'm not, though i dress the part. but it's true, once you get to know the lay of the land, and the people moving the goods, things start falling into place. in fact the best tar i ever had was last week right here in town. it was so good my guy refused to go back and get more, cuz all of us were one step away from getting strung out. but i digress...

yeah to answer the question i think this thread has proven that most 'intellectual' junkies here are depressed and sick of the scene, don't go out much anymore past the age of 30, and would rather sit at home and stare at a wall than go to yet another bar to see a show, since every day is the same here, despite the fact that you could meet a new person every day and still never know hallf this city. opiods are good at keeping that libido down, which after a while is something i finally appreciate. to be so rooted in your own sense of failure and fear of rejection in a place as babylonian as portland is a form of hell, and definitely has made it easier to create behaviors of escapism that don't involve living all over myself. but what can i say, i'm west coast as fuck: i'd be a completely different person had I come from Jersey; which is basically where my family DID come from.

this may or may not have shed any light on this discussion, but that's part of the picture about here, isn't it? ever try and read the portland mercury weekly newspaper? you'll see what i mean. auto-fellatio, self-congratulatory austistic drivel that hypes people into some artificial perception about themselves and this city. my housemate, an unforgiving aging crust punk, takes craps on it and throws it on the max tracks when the toilet's broken. you can't keep portland weird anymore, you gotta MAKE portland weird now.

i should probably get high tomorrow and flirt with my favorite bartender. it's either that or join a yoga studio. but first i ought to look for a job. and finish reading my books. ya know, the usual. easy living. why we're all here.

eh as one of these people i'm gonna say that portland attracts those seeking an easy, comfortable life, and that includes all kinds of losers: wimps, yuppies, junkies, dopers, guys in their 30s who have no trouble getting social at the bar but get nervous and awkward when it comes to chasing down a woman who isn't easily read to be fun and slutty right off the bat....what can I say, even though it earned a hard reputation for most of te 20th century, portland is where shiftless people have always congregated to, due to its essentially perfect infrastructure and location, but now it's bringing in some of the wussiest, spoiled, unrealistic rich brats who have ruined cities everywhere. and copping is sort of a pain in the ass, unless youre a street person, which i'm not, though i dress the part. but it's true, once you get to know the lay of the land, and the people moving the goods, things start falling into place. in fact the best tar i ever had was last week right here in town. it was so good my guy refused to go back and get more, cuz all of us were one step away from getting strung out. but i digress...

yeah to answer the question i think this thread has proven that most 'intellectual' junkies here are depressed and sick of the scene, don't go out much anymore past the age of 30, and would rather sit at home and stare at a wall than go to yet another bar to see a show, since every day is the same here, despite the fact that you could meet a new person every day and still never know hallf this city. opiods are good at keeping that libido down, which after a while is something i finally appreciate. to be so rooted in your own sense of failure and fear of rejection in a place as babylonian as portland is a form of hell, and definitely has made it easier to create behaviors of escapism that don't involve living all over myself. but what can i say, i'm west coast as fuck: i'd be a completely different person had I come from Jersey; which is basically where my family DID come from.

this may or may not have shed any light on this discussion, but that's part of the picture about here, isn't it? ever try and read the portland mercury weekly newspaper? you'll see what i mean. auto-fellatio, self-congratulatory austistic drivel that hypes people into some artificial perception about themselves and this city. my housemate, an unforgiving aging crust punk, takes craps on it and throws it on the max tracks when the toilet's broken. you can't keep portland weird anymore, you gotta MAKE portland weird now.

i should probably get high tomorrow and flirt with my favorite bartender. it's either that or join a yoga studio. but first i ought to look for a job. and finish reading my books. ya know, the usual. easy living. why we're all here.

Very accurat description about P-Town Llamer!

Very well written, llamer. I have a few female friends that say they have a really hard time meeting men in Portland, because people here are so afraid at stepping on toes or offending anybody. The self awareness of the population has reached a tipping point, people are UBERAWARE, to the point they’d rather sit at a stop sign and let everybody else, who doesn’t have the right of way, go. If you have the audacity to approach a woman respectfully, and say “Hi, how is your day?” you have a leg up on 99% of the population.

There definitely are a lot of douchey hipsters in Portland. I thought that it was just a media representation until I actually visited the city and discovered that the stereotype is very much rooted in fact, LOL

Of course it is, dude. Portland/Eugene ain't Paterson, Newark, Camden or Philly. Any idiot with five dollars can cop there.

Be glad you're out of Jersey, though. As one dude once told me in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, "Dude, get out of jersey. That place takes years off of your life."

Take advantage of the weed scene up there. Kick the dope, dude. It don't lead anywhere. Plus, the game's too dangerous anymore. To many synthetics out there. Well, out in Jersey at least.

And it seems as you aren't using regularly which just puts you at more risk.

But, if you have to... Look for Mexican delivery drivers. They deal with anyone out there. You get a number and they meet you. Flag down any young Mexican men you see driving Honda Civics. Check those "Keep Portland weird areas" as I'm sure there's a bunch of bars and shit were dope fiends congregate.

Of course, most of the stuff you hear aboot drugs on the TV and stuff ain't correct. Like, people have said Portland has had good dope for decades. I find that hard to believe. Mexican was garbage up until recently when they started producing "white heroin," but most of that probably gets sent to the Northeast. Yeah there's some good tar, but that stuff don't compare to the South American powder. Plus ain't that stuff dirty as hell?
Eugene is absolutely the same way. Folks wont even travel 2 hours to see friends. Its a comfortable dirty bubble that sucks you dry valley of death.

Eugene is absolutely the same way. Folks wont even travel 2 hours to see friends. Its a comfortable dirty bubble that sucks you dry valley of death.
Portland, Portland oh Portland,
How I love to hate thee.
The green-living foodies warn me what not to eat as if they care.
The thrift store outfitted hipsters gaze at the ground only to look up and glare.
The techies...who live their lives online only to document,
Instead of experiencing the present, truly embracing the moment.
How I love to hate thee.

Last edited:
Yea Portland quickly became obvious it wasn’t a place I wanted to call home for the reasons stated above me.

I can imagine at one time it was a special place but like anything of value the rich will try to buy their way into having a piece themselves.

Sad cuz my hometown, another place that used to be full of weird interesting people and places has gone the same direction. Rich big city types built their high rise condos and replaced all the cool niche stores with their shitty chains. Gentrification is a bitch, a hard pill to swallow for sure.

I think what we are also seeing is a change nationwide if not worldwide. People are lost in this modern world, no time to truly live. I try my best not to be one of them but even I’m guilty at times.

-GC

Much of my family lives in Portland, including my daughter, brother + sisinlaw, my nephew, and a few others.
What I dig about Portland are the seasons! In my city near the southwestern corner of the US, we don’t really enjoy the seasons much. I have lots of winter clothes specifically for visiting Seattle, where my daughter went to school, and Portland.
I also love all the bridges and the gorgeous old rusting factory buildings.
I love Powell’s Books and I could spend an entire day there.
And Dutch Bros makes a coffee concoction that’s the bomb!
But G Chem is right about the techies and their money. My brother is a higher up physicist at Intel and he owns a 3 story Victorian home near downtown, as well as a beach house in Newport, OR. He pretty much doesn’t go to work and just hangs out at one of his homes, dialed in to anything his team needs direction with.

I spent my 21st birthday in Portland out on the town. It was a blast, I loved it. People were awesome, strangers bought me drinks and gave me free weed, very friendly. You've got some seedy ass strip club there, though lol. That was fun/laughable on it's own. The dark, smelly, dirty ones that make you feel bad for everyone there, both the customers and the employees.

So many hippie, druggy, punky homeless kids on the streets (I don't know what else to call them). It reminded me a lot of downtown Berkeley, CA on telegraph ave. It was hard to miss other than an obvious feature of the city.

Beautiful city, loved the atmosphere, but doesn't seem without its own problems just like California.

Much of my family lives in Portland, including my daughter, brother + sisinlaw, my nephew, and a few others.
What I dig about Portland are the seasons! In my city near the southwestern corner of the US, we don’t really enjoy the seasons much. I have lots of winter clothes specifically for visiting Seattle, where my daughter went to school, and Portland.
I also love all the bridges and the gorgeous old rusting factory buildings.
I love Powell’s Books and I could spend an entire day there.
And Dutch Bros makes a coffee concoction that’s the bomb!
But G Chem is right about the techies and their money. My brother is a higher up physicist at Intel and he owns a 3 story Victorian home near downtown, as well as a beach house in Newport, OR. He pretty much doesn’t go to work and just hangs out at one of his homes, dialed in to anything his team needs direction with.

I already miss Dutch Bros.. The one place I knew I could reliably get a decent oat milk white bean latte. Back East many coffee shops don’t stay open past 3-4pm it’s a damn tragedy.

-GC

Are Dutch Bros. just in Oregon and Washington?
I so wish we had Dutch Bros. in Southern California…..

Well this is great news, though both locations are about 45 miles from me

I still have so many of their thermos containers that have reminded me daily that there’s no Dutch Bros. nearby…

How I love to hate thee.
The green living foodies warn me what not to eat as if they care.
The thriftstore outfitted hipsters gaze at the ground only to look up and glare.
The techies...who live their lives online only to document,
Instead of experiencing the present, truly embracing the moment.
How I love to hate thee.
... not so GreatLandia