• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello and Thank YOU all for being here

cmart63

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I?ve been a member for several years but never posted (that I can remember).
It seems as though I am lead to this by GooGle more and more often.

Briefly, I had to share what happened to me yesterday and today. I have tried every single method that you can think of to quit drinking over the past 17 years. I have been drinking since I was 15. I have had brief periods of sobriety (1year the longest while taking Baclofen). I start doing around 8 am and drink continuously the rest of the day and evening. I will share much more later on.

Yesterday and today, for the first time in many years and my life, I had absolutely no desire to drink whatsoever. Yes a miracle at least for me. I started the morning off with my regular prescribe drugs, BUT THEN, I had an idea. Today, I will start with 300mg of Pregabelin. I have read some studies where it has helped a number of people stop drinking
So having tried everything in the book (Baclofen, Gabapentin, naltrexone, etc).

The absolute bottom line fact is this: I. It did not drink, I had NO DESIRE whatsoever to do so. Of course, I thought about alcohol during the day, but it was irrelavent to me. It seems as though the pregbalin switched places in my brain with the desired effects that I was getting with alcohol. I find this AMAZING. I HOPE THAT IT CONTINUES TO WORK IN THIS WAY. I FELT F R E E TODAY.

Welcome to Bluelight :)

That's great you had no desire to drink.. I know it can be rough in the beginning but I'm happy to hear you're doing good

Welcome to Bluelight :)

That's great you had no desire to drink.. I know it can be rough in the beginning but I'm happy to hear you're doing good

Thank you Swertz. It really was amazing in that each time that I thought that I should have a beer in hand,that thought seemed to be ridiculous. I was focused on my work, not anxious, and not craving physically or emotionally. Having read some more studies relative to treating AUD with Lyrica, I even more excited about the longer term prospects.

Day 3: Lyrica (and Baclofen): This morning, I only took one 150mg tablet of Lyrica at first; 6:30 am. I also took 50 g of Baclofen as I titration down and off of Baclofen. At 9:30 am I took another 150 mg of Lyrica. The first 150 mg of Lyrica did not quail much of my thoughts about drinking. Tomorrow, I will start at 7 am with 300mg and 50 mg of Baclofen. It is confusing. Perhaps the Baclofen is assisting the Lyrica in removing all craving thoughts of drinking.

Until and and unless I find out otherwise, i would much rather be dependent on Lyrica than to remain a full time alcoholic (AUD sufferer). I will try to continue to report my progress or lack there of. However, just for now, Lyrica seems to be a godsend.

Please help us all if you haven Lyrica by posting your experience.

Eight days later: Pregbalin for my Reduction in Alcohol Addiction and Abuse:
We all have our own ways 'out' of alcoholism (AUD). I finally found a medication that truly works (worked) for me; Pregbalin (Lyrica).
Please understand that this medication did not take my alcohol habit thoughts from me. Instead, it took away my mental and physical cravings away -from day one.
I was a sun up to lights out drinker -but not so anymore. If you are as I was, then you really have nothing to lose by trying Lyrica to help you quit Amazing.