Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Modafinil - Modafinil 2000mg "Trip" Report

watermelon14

Bluelighter
**DO NOT TAKE 2000mg MODAFINIL (OR ANY OTHER HIGH DOSAGE OF ANY DRUG) JUST BECAUSE I DID AND I WAS FINE. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. START SMALL AND BE SAFE!**

**NOTE: The Adderall mentioned in this post is prescribed to me and taken legally. The modafinil mentioned in this post is NOT prescribed; I ordered it online.
The reason I am/was interested in modafinil in the first place (I figured people might wonder why the heck I'd be interested in modafinil given I'm already prescribed 40mg Adderall) is because I really want to try to get off the Adderall, like for good. I've done some research on it and unfortunately, there really isn't that much research out there on the long-term effects of Adderall and from the research that does exist, I've come to the conclusion that Adderall is, in fact, neurotoxic (like meth) and not something I really want to expose my body to for longer than needed. The only problem is that I've been taking Adderall for years and I'm extremely addicted to it.

So, TL;DR: I want to stop taking Adderall and thought modafinil might help me get through amphetamine withdrawals.

• 8:40am: took normal Adderall IR prescribed dose (40mg)
  • **NOTE: drank two cups of coffee sometime in here. I got ~12 hours of sleep last night but I still struggle with serious daytime sleepiness so I'm hoping the modafinil will help to combat that.
  • 10:50am: took modafinil 200mg
  • 11:20am: I still feel pretty tired but it's only been 30 minutes so I'll give another update when another 15 or so minutes have passed.
  • 11:35am: Still not really feeling any effects. Going to take another 200mg and see if that does anything.
  • **NOTE: I didn't feel anything for quite a while, so I didn't write down any updates for a while, but I did periodically take more and more modafinil until I finally started to feel something at 2000mg. (I KNOW THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH DOSE. Please don't tell me what I already know. I'm just trying to share my experience but I am not in any way recommending anyone else take this high of a dose.)
  • 4:45pm: FINALLY starting to feel something. Well, not really "feel" something like a high or anything, but I do notice that I am able to concentrate and focus much better than normal now. So, unfortunately, I don't think I got a bad batch or anything, I think I just have an extremely high stimulant tolerance. Which I already knew, but for some reason I didn't think modafinil had a cross-tolerance with amphetamines. But apparently it does? Idk, this was just MY experience.

I'm going to go ahead and post this as-is since I don't think the comedown or the day after will be anything to write home about, but if anything interesting or abnormal happens, I'll be sure to update this post and let you guys know.

Hope this was helpful or at least interesting to read!

**DO NOT TAKE 2000mg MODAFINIL (OR ANY OTHER HIGH DOSAGE OF ANY DRUG) JUST BECAUSE I DID AND I WAS FINE. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. START SMALL AND BE SAFE!**

substancecode_modafinil
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_neutral

Last edited by a moderator:
Modafinil simply doesn't give a high for most people, whether you have stim tolerance or not. I was prescribed it for a bit, I took 600mg once and it made me feel kinda jittery in a weird, transparent way, but that was it.