European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine - Opinons?

theybwork for me and i have a tolerance infact they work really well

No point plugging, chew and eat.

That's what I was trying to get accross before . Plugging DHC is totally unesessary and given how wasteful it is to plug huge volumes of liquid, probably less efficient than oral..

Histamine release isn't as bad as with codeine but can still catch you out. I remember many years ago going to a walk in place while at home on leave and being given a bottle of 100 x 30mg...Not knowing much about them and being in a lot of pain (and having pretty much no tollerance) I necked a couple, didnt feel much and then stupidly swallowed about 25-30 of them and then spending the next couple of hours practically tearing the flesh off my palms and soles of my feet (why does it always get you there so badly?) with a kitchen fork... I never made that mistake again

That's what I was trying to get accross before . Plugging DHC is totally unesessary and given how wasteful it is to plug huge volumes of liquid, probably less efficient than oral..

Histamine release isn't as bad as with codeine but can still catch you out. I remember many years ago going to a walk in place while at home on leave and being given a bottle of 100 x 30mg...Not knowing much about them and being in a lot of pain (and having pretty much no tollerance) I necked a couple, didnt feel much and then stupidly swallowed about 25-30 of them and then spending the next couple of hours practically tearing the flesh off my palms and soles of my feet (why does it always get you there so badly?) with a kitchen fork... I never made that mistake again
It so good when you itch though I've spent 20 minutes in a session just gently itching my sole I think it you do it right the itching can make the high better I have never had a histamine reaction from dhc though only codeine.

Mixing codeine and DHC gives a major itch and my mate offered me an antihistamine but I was like you know what nah I like it. Satisfying the itch is part of the high for me.

if that happens, what are the best antihistamines to use? The first Gen ones like Diphendryamine/Promethazine or the regular hay-fever type ones?

Promethazine don't use benadryl they can give you restless leg and can just kill the high instantly.. Just stick to promethazine ask the pharmacist for phenergen which are 50 pure promethazine get the 25 mgs to it you can more for your money.

Cyclizine, also dirt cheap and available in most pound shops, usually 2 for a pound and theres 28 in each packet.

Cyclizine, also dirt cheap and available in most pound shops, usually 2 for a pound and theres 28 in each packet.

I thought cyclizine had been made prescription only? Or was that just valoid?

Or did you mean cimetidine or cetirizine?

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware it's available OTC, a chemist or pharmacy may try and fob you off with pepto-bismol, though I've definitely bought it off the high street before.

A quick Google shows many stores selling it in 100 tablet boxes sans prescription.

I've just done a quick Google and all the sites I've found list it as prescription only. Wickipedia lists it as a pharmacy medicine in the UK.

Believe me, if cyclizine was available in high street stores, I would have found it by now... :\

Also, pepto-bismol is an antacid, not an antihistamine - as I'm sure you're well aware...

Sounds interesting, shame it isn't otc anymore what is it prescribed for?

Promethazine don't use benadryl they can give you restless leg and can just kill the high instantly.. Just stick to promethazine ask the pharmacist for phenergen which are 50 pure promethazine get the 25 mgs to it you can more for your money.

Promethazine is sold as Sominex around here. But it's a sedative

Also, pepto-bismol is an antacid, not an antihistamine - as I'm sure you're well aware...

Of course, but you go into a pharmacy and tell them you want something to stop you feeling queasy/sick and that will be their go-to answer. (Cyclizine is also an antiemetic)

Just had to trawl through my extensive photo archive (none of it is organised) because I'm sure I took a photo of it in the pound shop to send to my at-the-time partner to see if she wanted some picking up, as she suffered quite badly. Guess I'm mistaken. Though, there are plenty of websites on Google where you can purchase 100 tablets for less than 12 pounds without a prescription needed, and no dark web required.

240mg did nothing. I wonder how much higher I can go before I give up with DHC. I don't want to risk ODing

if the toxic dose for codeine is around 500mg then it's probably lower for DHC do you think? I know it can vary a lot between individuals

Promethazine is sold as Sominex around here. But it's a sedative

You wanna get it as Phenergan, you can get a box of 56x 25mg promethazine under the Phenergan brand for under a tenner depending on the pharmacy. You can even get it from Boots. If they ask you what it's for say your GP recommended it for travel sickness or anxiety. Do not say sleep or they will try to sell you Nytol (DPH) instead. Not sure why but they don't like selling promethazine as a sleeping aid.

I just use cetirizine as far as antihistamines go though specifically because it isn't too sedating, just stops me feeling sick when I take high doses of opis. I don't like nodding from opis mixed with sedating antihistamines, makes it feel too forced and less euphoric ya know? Plus you can just get cetirizine from any supermarket don't even need to use a pharmacy and answer any questions. Probably because it isn't sedating.

You wanna get it as Phenergan, you can get a box of 56x 25mg promethazine under the Phenergan brand for under a tenner depending on the pharmacy. You can even get it from Boots. If they ask you what it's for say your GP recommended it for travel sickness or anxiety. Do not say sleep or they will try to sell you Nytol (DPH) instead. Not sure why but they don't like selling promethazine as a sleeping aid.

I just use cetirizine as far as antihistamines go though specifically because it isn't too sedating, just stops me feeling sick when I take high doses of opis. I don't like nodding from opis mixed with sedating antihistamines, makes it feel too forced and less euphoric ya know? Plus you can just get cetirizine from any supermarket don't even need to use a pharmacy and answer any questions. Probably because it isn't sedating.
you know how much it is roughly the cetirizine? I might pick a pack up

Oh btw Wilson I tried dhc again did the whole pack in one 210mg and while I felt something I think it's just to subtle for my liking I only got a pack because they were out of cocodomal but man I don't get why it's hyped up so much

I forget who it was the other day who was saying that cimetidine (tagamet) was OTC in the UK but it definately isn't..I just double checked. I think they must have been thinking of a different antihistamine.. Cimetidine is definately POM (Prescription Only Medicine) in the UK...

jLCBf1f.jpg

I forget who it was the other day who was saying that cimetidine (tagamet) was OTC in the UK but it definately isn't..I just double checked. I think they must have been thinking of a different antihistamine.. Cimetidine is definately POM (Prescription Only Medicine) in the UK...

jLCBf1f.jpg

Twas me mate. I was getting mixed up with cetirizine. Which is pretty ironic because I was calling out LoginNotSecure for saying cyclizine was OTC... :D

Edit: I've just checked the wickipedia page and its UK status is quite ambiguous:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimetidine

CBA searching for any other references...