Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Alcohol - Experienced - Strange experience on alcohol

George1012

Bluelighter
I hadn't drank alcohol in quite a while, some nine months. I drink an herbal tea on a regular basis that acts very similarly to alcohol, gets me tipsy every night. It has reverse tolerance but it also has some side effects. I walk two blocks to the town bar from my house and go inside and its overcrowded for a weekday night. The two lady bartenders get really suspicious for some reason and asked me three times to see my ID. I was the only 20-something. Everyone else there had to be older then 35 including the bartenders. They said I look only eighteen. I thought I was going to get in some trouble but I assured them I'd been to that bar before but I hadn't in a long, long time.

Thinking I still had a strong stomach for liquor from drinking this powerful tea every night I drank two shots of vodka over a 10 minute period and didn't feel anything at first then I started drinking a beer. I started thinking I'd need a lot more to feel what I remember being drunk then it hit me like a freight train. I was pretty drunk off such a small amount, half a beer and two shots. I hadn't eaten anything in hours except a cup of coffee. It was a lot more disorienting then I remember. I had a few vivid hallucinations while I was intoxicated. I've never hallucinated from alcohol, other substances but never alcohol. I remember during my past drunks being more coherent and just lazy. I felt surprisingly confused, almost like I'd smoked some weed.

I only stayed for about 35 minutes and left, laid down and passed out. I woke up several times throughout the night very hot and also very cold, covered in sweat. Sounds like a withdrawal from that one single time. I also had some really weird fucked up dreams, rage dreams and getting in fights in my dreams. When I woke up the next morning I was really tired and could barely get out of bed. It felt like I didn't sleep at all. I didn't have a headache or a real hangover. A few energy drinks took care of it. It doesn't surprise me that I'd get withdrawals from just my first time drinking in months, as bad enough withdrawals from this stuff can literally kill you. I probably won't be drinking ever again, unless I'm with friends. Not by myself.

substancecode_alcohol
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to eat food. And two shots of vodka in quick succession without tolerance can be pretty intoxicating.

I don?t think it was withdraw . Water and saltine crackers always helped me if I drank too much on a empty stomach.

Food can`t be replaced by anything! You need to eat propely!

My very first time getting drunk I was alone. I had no idea what I was doing. I mixed about 2/3 bottle of vodka in with some orange soda and drank it all in less then ten minutes on an empty stomach, right after work, hadn't eaten anything except some potato chips that day and soda. Not much longer I was puking but it was the weirdest thing. It was like I wasn't there, just watching a projection of myself from bird's eye view. Everything else that happened that night was a blur. It was like I wasn't there and could see this projection of myself doing things that I didn't' really have conscious control over in a nauseating sickening blur. I prefer my herbs, cannabis and kava root.