• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Abusing prescription drugs

Courgeanonyme

Greenlighter
Hello! :D
I have this problem with prescription drugs: when I feel bad, depressed or angry, I swallow a shitload of pills. Like, a lot. Most of the time, I don't do that because I want to die, it's just a stupid pulsion. Most of the time, I seek help when I do that, so I regularly end up at the hospital. I feel terribly bad when that happens. I did it again last weekend, a friend came to get me out of the hospital and I was in some sort of comatose sleep the whole day on the morrow.

Do people here do that too? I really need to know I'm not alone with that stupid behavior.

Thanks!

No, you are certainly not alone in doing those self-destructive behaviors. Best of luck to you.

It sounds like a form of self injury, which as you said isn't neccesarily related to suicidal thoughts. However, if the hospital is admitting you when you do this, you must be taking enough of the medication for your life to be in danger. Have you talked to a therapist about this? If not, I would encourage you to do so.

I used to self harm so I guess that makes sense. At least, cutting didn't put my life in danger... I mean, I had to be reanimated once. I nearly died. :/
I did talk about it to my therapist, but only vaguely. I'm not very good at talking about that kind of things, because I feel so embarassed. But you're right, I should try to talk more about it!