• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

light binge drinker - wife not a drinker - getting divorce and turning kids against m

afib

Greenlighter
I am a moderate binge drinker - will put back a 5-6 IPA's in a night - usually once a week as a way to relieve stress and relax. Wife hates it and has for long time and it's become the main issue in relationship. I used to be a very social person, lots of friends - out socializing but never had an alcohol problem other than going a little hard once in a while. Couple of times fight breaks out and i get really ticked off and start saying stuff that I wouldn't say without beers. Things that frustrate me about the marriage a lot. My wife fights in front of the kids a lot and has recently confronted me with the kids stating it's divorce time and the kids all echoed the same exact stuff she complains about...to the tee. I'm no angel and have overindulged on a dozen occaisions over the years but I think she went too far in turning the kids against me. Anyone ever deal with this?

has she turned them against you or are you just not listening

what are the complaints?

also arguements and fights? is there any violence

It's fairly common situation. Seen it many times including my own family and friends.
Using alcohol as main stress relief solution is dangerous because that's how addiction is formed. Maybe your wife is scared of your drinking getting out of control or had bad experiences with drunk men, and that's why she reacts in this way. Ask youself a question, what is more important to you, downing 5 beers on a weekend or happy family life, because you sometimes just can't have those two things simultaneously and you have to choose.

There are other ways to relieve stress, way more healthy than drinking.

The term "light binge drinker" - oh wait, moderate binge drinker - is something of an oxymoron, and sounds like something that someone who is slightly in denial about their drinking habits would say.

What's more important, being able to get drunk on the weekends or your marriage?