Clomid (Clomiphene) to increase Testosterone for everyday Performance Enhancement

^^ Thanks alan2102 for such a considered response, you present an interesting argument for the use of stacks over single substances and have definitely given me something to think about.

That is interesting about Toremifine also... I'm sure that I have seen other studies that suggest it would not be such a good choice but I can't remember specifically off the top of my head. I will have to look into this further. I feel like there is still more research behind clomiphene, and I would like to think that surely there must be a reason for that... clearly there is a lot more to consider than I initially presumed however. I guess the difficulty in sorting through all the information out there is the exact reason this sort of thing should really be done with the help of an endocrinologist, rather than just self-prescribing from a smorgasbord of assorted studies, anecdotal reports and random forum posts. ;)

Well I have just got the results of my hormone test back, and rather than making a new thread and as their meaning will have some bearing on whether or not I choose to go ahead with this enclomiphene experiment, I will post them here - I would very much appreciate if anyone could help me interpret them. Some of the values do look off but I am not sure what to make of this.

TestResultUnitRange
D.H.E.A. SULPHATE5.380umol/L0.44 - 13.40
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE2.35IU/L1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE2.09IU/L1.70 - 8.60
TESTOSTERONE24.3nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED)*0.234nmol/L0.30 - 1.00
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB*99.2nmol/L16.00 - 55.00
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX24.5Ratio 24.00 - 104.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL30.6pmol/L0.00 - 191.99

Bolded values seem strangely off! And FSH and LH are very low. What does this mean? What options do I have to correct this?

...One other thing, on investigation I have been advised to check liver and thyroid functions. Liver values are all pretty much dead centre within normal ranges, so I won't bother to post them unless anyone thinks it's relevant. Thyroid I remember thinking looked a little on the low side across the board, although they are within ranges. Values as follows:

Free T32.6pmol/L2.5-5.7
TSH1.52mu/L0.30-4.20
Free T411.1pmol/L9.0-23.0

Again, any assistance interpreting these figures would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Your free test is low from large amounts of shbg. Sex hormone binding globulin is bound to a lot of your test apparently. Also your thyroid stimulating hormone is a bit low which I'd imagine would contribute to your t3 and t4 numbers being low ish.

Thanks, any idea what the cause of this would be? :(

In terms of training I have been pushing myself quite a bit recently, maybe I am a little run down and overusing caffeine, modafinil, and other nootropics, if that has anything to do with it... Have been trying to cut down the latter things but it is hard because I need to stay productive and sharp for work, and I don't want to lapse in my exercise routine either.

Is a mild test-boosting regimen with enclomiphene or a similar hormone likely to have good results?

first post, this thread piques my interest a lot. I had my testosterone tested in the military when i was 21 and my free test levels were something around 450 ng/dL. unfortunately they didn't give me any more information than that. My half brother is a tower of a man, he has around 900-950 ng/DL. I lost the genetic lottery, at any rate, i am very curious as to whether i could cycle 4 weeks on/off with Clomid to maintain a better quality of life, or if there's anything else I can do that would increase my levels. I don't want to be average. I talked to a testosterone replacement therapy clinic and told them my situation and pretty much said they treat older men in their 40's+ who are suffering from low T and i'd end up paying ridiculous amounts out of pocket to be able to be admitted which is currently out of the question.

What the hell can I do as a (now) 22 year old besides what i'm already doing (eating healthy, sleep well, exercise, lift heavy) ???

Take testosterone. That's what you can do. I wouldn't touch clomid with a ten foot pole.