• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v oh my! What happened to January?

55 days no opiates, alcohol, or benzos.

I've noticed that most urges (whether triggered or spontaneous) are not real cravings, but only passing thoughts. Drinking/drugging was my default activity for many many years, whether I was anxious, depressed, angry, bored, happy, or whatever. Naturally, it is the first thing to occur to me in most situations-- often upon waking in the morning. I recognize the habitual thought for what it is (just a thought) and remind myself that I don't have to act on that anymore. The urge generally passes within minutes.

Best wishes to everyone on this amazing journey.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Yeah, opiate cravings came back after quitting the meth. And now I'm surrounded by dope, just glad that my lapse in strength didn't come to anything.

Yeah, opiate cravings came back after quitting the meth. And now I'm surrounded by dope, just glad that my lapse in strength didn't come to anything.

Oh I can imagine how you feel.

When I tried quitting meth, I did try a few times before I was successful, I once gave it up (more like "ran out") and picked up a gram or two of meth instead. It was pretty awesome and I didn't feel too terrible.

Ended up getting more buprenorphine. Not really sure how long I lasted or what it was like. I was doing a lot of sex and drugs then.

The brain really craves dopamine in withdrawal, and lacking that life will seem unbearable. A different time in buprenorphine withdrawal (it was much worse this time; abrupt wd) I just drank a bunch of tea trying to let caffeine make me feel marginally better. Worked, but so marginal. Basically was a living nightmare.

They eventually went away for me, the biggest struggle I had was getting a tooth pulled, because I used to get teeth pulled all the time to get a script of norcos. Something was different, I knew it wouldn't stop if I chose to manipulate the dentist.
I just told him I was in recovery, and can I please have some antibiotics.
He ended up giving me ib800s and some amoxicillin. Which I was really grateful for.

There is a shot called Vivatrol that you can get once a month that will block the opioid receptors in the brain so you won't be able to get high.

Btubs maybe consider it when you find a stepping down point, I know that it works, you just have to be serious about quitting for good.

Lol I've been off opiates since 15 man, started meth about 6 months after quitting, and have now been clean 6 months, don't drink, don't smoke, nothing.

Hi,
I posted to my thread here but wanted to stop by and thank CH and others for all there support... today I am celebrating one year clean and sober!! I have been free from opiates, alcohol, etc.etc... and feel so much better overall. Yes, there are ups and downs. I think I call that "life", lol... but overall doing so much better than spending days isolating, counting pills, tapering pills, failing my taper... and repeating the cycle over and over.
I wish you all Love and Light!

Congrats Poke! I remember reading your struggles in the tapering thread in the dark side . So glad to see a success story . Keep up the good work lady :)

Hi,
I posted to my thread here but wanted to stop by and thank CH and others for all there support... today I am celebrating one year clean and sober!! I have been free from opiates, alcohol, etc.etc... and feel so much better overall. Yes, there are ups and downs. I think I call that "life", lol... but overall doing so much better than spending days isolating, counting pills, tapering pills, failing my taper... and repeating the cycle over and over.
I wish you all Love and Light!

awesome! congrats!!! :)