• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v oh my! What happened to January?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Why do I always think Valentine?s Day is 2/2? Well, I know why... You doing anything fun? If you don?t intend to do anything for another person this month, why not do something special for yourself?

This thread is for anyone interested in improving their life this month.

Quitting drugs? Cutting back? Getting healthy? Wanting to improve your Life? Dealing with the loneliness of life under free market capitalism? Are you falling madly in love and making a fool of yourself? What kind of music do you listen to when get dumped? When you fall in love?

Remember - it could always be worse ;)

Write it all down!

:) %) :| %) :D %) :( %) :eek: %)

The January thread is archived .

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...hread-v-oh-sh!t-it-s-already-Januaryhere[/URL

HAPPY Valentine?s Day![/QUOTE]

Two weeks without opiates!

Also I am trying to figure out something extraordinary for my fiancee on Valentine?s Day.

5 months I think it's been off meth.

I need like a weeks worth of naps

Nice one guys! Uh... three-ish months off kratom for me :)

tbh I can't say that has really been a struggle though. I need to write about that whole experience sometime. Not fun, but not particularly hard either (everything in perspective I guess).

I need to figure out what I'm doing for valentines days. What, that falls on a Saturday this year? I'll be spending the morning at a botanical garden with some venerable friends and classmates, but that'll be prior to and non-valentine's day related %)

VALENTINES DAY SALVIA EXPERIENCE 2018!!!

(no)

Two and a half weeks off booze. The memories of that hospital detox are still fresh in my mind.

I've been a bad boy.

Bought a pint of vodka yesterday and drank it down. Still a victory I didn't go back to H, but it is in reality a hollow victory. Keep strong and safe my brothers and sisters !

Two and a half weeks off booze. The memories of that hospital detox are still fresh in my mind.

Ugh that doesn't sound like fun. How are the cravings?

I've been a bad boy.

Bought a pint of vodka yesterday and drank it down. Still a victory I didn't go back to H, but it is in reality a hollow victory. Keep strong and safe my brothers and sisters !

Do you live somewhere where you could get cannabis or kratom? Kratom isn't ideal, but fuck it's better than ethanol. Glad to see you WR :)

Almost three weeks since my last relapse. Feeling a little more in control now.

7 days sober from Cannabis, smoked everyday for 9, 10 years give or take. I'm talking 20 times a day minimum. It's been tough, but I feel ok. Wish I could quit these damn cigs too

Ugh that doesn't sound like fun. How are the cravings?
Not bad overall. I was craving bad yesterday but that was because of nerves going to see the DUI attorney. I took an Ativan and propranolol since it just wouldn't do to see a DUI attorney buzzed. I'm thinking about trying kratom.

That hospital detox was misery. The doctor was an idiot and wouldn't give me any of the usual comfort meds you get in a detox. After sleeping for two days straight I was awake the rest of the time I was there. She wouldn't give me anything for sleep and at discharge she told me to quit all my psych meds. Yeah right. I have an appointment with my own psychiatrist tomorrow and I think I will show him the discharge paperwork so he can be horrified too.

Almost three weeks since my last relapse. Feeling a little more in control now.

Sending you good vibes simco <3

Wish I could quit these damn cigs too

Story of my life.

Not bad overall. I was craving bad yesterday but that was because of nerves going to see the DUI attorney. I took an Ativan and propranolol since it just wouldn't do to see a DUI attorney buzzed. I'm thinking about trying kratom.

Perhaps you could look into trying baclofen. That seems to help a lot with alcohol related cravings. Glad to hear you'll be working with a private psych, and I do hope they are appropriate horrified as well. Detoxes are only worth so much if there isn't appropriate followup care put in place while inpatient (although perhaps for gabaergic stuff it's useful, considering they should keep one from dying during detox...).

Perhaps you could look into trying baclofen. That seems to help a lot with alcohol related cravings. Glad to hear you'll be working with a private psych, and I do hope they are appropriate horrified as well. Detoxes are only worth so much if there isn't appropriate followup care put in place while inpatient (although perhaps for gabaergic stuff it's useful, considering they should keep one from dying during detox...).
I didn't realize how close to death I was. My potassium was 2.8. Anything under 3 is cardiac arrest territory. The doctor said the lowest she had seen and the person lived was 2.5 so I was close to that. No wonder I couldn't even stand up. I've tried baclofen. I drank heavily while on it so it didn't do too much for me and naltrexone makes me sick as shit. I had better results with acamprosate (Campral) but not as good as with Celexa.

Last edited:
Damn, and gotcha. Perhaps kratom is worth a shot. Let us know how it goes with the psych. Hopefully he can get you some meds that help.

Put together 18 moths clean and sober.
/dances

I'm doing alright captain.

Right on d's congrats man.

Dealing with the loneliness of life under free market capitalism?

you fucking know it, comrade.

i'm like a week or something off h now, but back on bupe, so it feels kinda pointless. ready to be able to try tapering off and quitting bupe again, but it'll be a while before i can try that again.

good job d's, keep it up! and everybody else thats better at me than staying clean ;)

Tomorrow I'm going to Paris with my GF to be there on San Valentines day......