• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v oh my! What happened to January?

you should quit cigarettes, as most people end up dying prematurely from their tobacco use. congrats on your sobriety though.

you should quit cigarettes, as most people end up dying prematurely from their tobacco use. congrats on your sobriety though.

I've walked away from some of the hardest drugs known to man, but cigarettes. My God this is addicting. I'm gonna try again as soon as I get used to this no Cannabis thing.

I've walked away from some of the hardest drugs known to man, but cigarettes. My God this is addicting. I'm gonna try again as soon as I get used to this no Cannabis thing.

You could try taking chantix to help quit.

Everyone's different. I never got addicted to nicotine. I don't smoke.

Hello;) Congrats everyone who is fighting the good fight ! I still have not quit but Im staying low on my usage . I need to figure out why exactly I need this drug to be happy and once that is identified I feel like that will help me quit finally. I been thinking about going to a NA meeting but I dont want to see anyone I know there , still ashamed and I live in a small state so the likelyhood of seeing someone I know or hubby knows is high . But blue light gives a lot of support for now . I like to watch withdraw journeys on you tube; been following this girl called defineandi , anyone know if she is on blue light ? ( I love withdraw videos because you see the people at their worst then a week later they are better , gives me hope I guess)

Hello;) Congrats everyone who is fighting the good fight ! I still have not quit but Im staying low on my usage . I need to figure out why exactly I need this drug to be happy and once that is identified I feel like that will help me quit finally. I been thinking about going to a NA meeting but I dont want to see anyone I know there , still ashamed and I live in a small state so the likelyhood of seeing someone I know or hubby knows is high . But blue light gives a lot of support for now . I like to watch withdraw journeys on you tube; been following this girl called defineandi , anyone know if she is on blue light ? ( I love withdraw videos because you see the people at their worst then a week later they are better , gives me hope I guess)

Doing less/fewer drugs is a great way to help yourself out as you figure out what recovery means to you, so congrats on that!

If you don't mind my asking, what drug(s) are you hoping to leave behind? I ask mainly because it can (though not necessarily) help pin down some of those questions about what role its playing in your life.

Having support is indeed a huge help during recovery, so I think your interest in hitting a meeting is well motivated. In my experience, folks in NA are pretty good/serious about preserving anonymity. But whether NA is right for you is an entirely personal decision. I'd encourage you to give a meeting a shot if it appeals to you (you don't have to say a word about yourself if you're not comfortable doing so). But again, it's obviously up to you.

Meanwhile, by all means, please use BL for support. Maybe you could consider starting a 'recovery journal'-type thread here on Sober Living? There's no requirement at all that you be sober/abstinent to be an active member of this forum...we're here for you to help in any ways that you want to improve your life.

I'm not sure what's changed in the past couple days but I've been feeling really lonely and having a lot of deep, racing thoughts. The past two nights I've tried to lay down to sleep, my mind starts doing all this analyzing and rumination about recent experiences. I got up and went to a meeting + fellowship dinner last night when it started to happen and felt better later on, but now I'm sitting here at home feeling miserable. I guess I feel pretty disconnected from my emotions, actually. Like there's some big undercurrent of sadness and despair that I'm having trouble getting over or even starting to process.

I'm sorry to hear all this, GK. I totally identify, though (for whatever that's worth :\)...those kinds of under-the-surface, tectonic emotions can be profoundly upsetting, even if we're not able to identify them.

Hitting that meeting sounds like it was a good move. Those little decisions to do something to take care of ourselves...that's a huge part of making progress in murky situations.

Best luck. Sending you good vibes. <3

At aihfl's suggestion, I spent some time watching the olympics last night. Got to see the very exciting slopestyle competition. Definitely a nice break from the downer that is the experience of being alone with myself these days.

simco said:
At aihfl's suggestion, I spent some time watching the olympics last night. Got to see the very exciting slopestyle competition. Definitely a nice break from the downer that is the experience of being alone with myself these days.

Did you see that seventeen year old kid who won gold in slope style snowboarding? Amazing. I also thought the American in the ladies short program figure skating was pretty spectacular but she came in fifth. She's only 20 though. She'll have many more Olympics coming her way. Also the Japanese-American ice dancers did well for silver although the Canadians were just flawless on every level.

I'm sorry to hear all this, GK. I totally identify, though (for whatever that's worth :\)...those kinds of under-the-surface, tectonic emotions can be profoundly upsetting, even if we're not able to identify them.

Hitting that meeting sounds like it was a good move. Those little decisions to do something to take care of ourselves...that's a huge part of making progress in murky situations.

Best luck. Sending you good vibes. <3

Thanks :) I went to a late meeting last night and talked to this woman for a while during and after the meeting at fellowship. I was actually being kind of flirty and free-spirited, it felt really good to be myself that way. I'm going to meet with my first potential sponsee in about half an hour, hoping it goes well.

11 days clean after 13 years of using opiates only thing left from wd is really bad anxiety at night only.Got myself pagablin which has worked wonders got 10 hours sleep last night.Only thing is my mood sometimes I'm so happy then when by myself a sort of depression kicks in a boredom.Truthfully I'm trying to convince myself I could keep doing opiates only on fridays and with my tolerance so low how good it will be.But I push those thoughts away because a Friday thing will become a weekend thing and then everyday.My problem is I'm not normal at 15 to 21 it was crank then when moved to England it was coke and finally opium

47 days sober wooowww!!

great!

27 days without opiates... Still craving like a mofo.
I had a great time so far. I function much better without opiates but these cravings make me insane..
I am ok. I am feeling pretty good right now... For some reason I want to push this feeling with some opiates. Crazy. I know.

On day 13 I messed up just like a robot drove to dealer brought 90 quids worth of black tar did a bit got so sick with myself threw restaway down a drain so i could not retrive it.After the pain of wd and the feeling of pride after getting thru that.I think I need to start going to na meetings but I no good at sharing my feelings with outsiders maybe a cultural thing we taught that we keep our problems and feelings in the family