• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and Coffee (wake n bakes)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Anyone else out there that particularly enjoys wake n bakes? I'm on indefinite medical/disability leave which means I've got time and no responsibilities.

Typically I'll wake up, have coffee and a bong rip then do dialysis (45 minutes). Breakfast, another couple bong rips and then I can settle in to the important task of deciding whether to play video games, watch Netflix or whatever.

But the first bong rip in the morning, aside from ending a 4-6 hour t break just seems to be capable of putting me in a good mood for the start of the day. Left over, room temperature pizza is appealing.

And what's better than coffee and weed? Coffee and weed and curling. Bout 20 Olympic matches, 40 for the men's and women's worlds and 20 for the Canadian men's championships. Maybe a hundred games in the next 2 months.

Woohoo, watching Olympic curling at 3 am

Welcome, Thomas !

I'm semi-retired, so I also have the opportunity to enjoy a good wake and bake; and curling matches make it even better.

Left over, room temperature pizza is appealing.

You're doin' it wrong, bro:

20140117-waffle-pizza-07-small.jpg

I saw someone a few years back posted some shit about leftover pizza and waffle irons and I've never looked back.

^ nice!
Is that pizza slices laid on top of each other?

Even when i've got nothing to do, i'm not a huge wake'n'baker.
It tends to make the day a write-off for me, which (even when i'm on holidays or bumming around) isn't ideal for me because, well - i guess i'm a lazy stoner at the best of times, haha.

I will say though, i do occasionally love smoking real early then going back to sleep.

I'm definitely more of a midnight toker.

I love wake n' bakes. If I have the day off and I've got no plans, chances are I'll write it off to being high from the first hour lol. Haven't really had the option for a while now though. Just the coffee for now.

Every day off I wake n bake, that first bowl always gets me highest and lasts longer than the rest. Not a fan of coffee though, I wake up buzzing and the weed chills me out. Same reason I only ever really smoke indica. Stimulants are way too.. stimulating lol.

That pizza waffle looks dope

I'm not huge on wake n' baking as it often slows down the rest of my day

But if I have nothing going on I do enjoy a nice toke in the morning.

^ nice!
Is that pizza slices laid on top of each other?

Even when i've got nothing to do, i'm not a huge wake'n'baker.
It tends to make the day a write-off for me, which (even when i'm on holidays or bumming around) isn't ideal for me because, well - i guess i'm a lazy stoner at the best of times, haha.

I will say though, i do occasionally love smoking real early then going back to sleep.

I'm definitely more of a midnight toker.

same. wake n bake leaves me pretty scatterbrained, need a clear mind in the morning to get a good start on my day, even my toking habits are usually planned to some extent so my whole routine is fucked if i toke early

Wake and bake with a fat dab of sativa, a rockstar and I'm off to the gym. Then more dabs and food. Rest. Repeat.

Coffee & Cannabis, yum! I start nearly every day that way: a couple tokes, a cannabrownie, a few cups of strong dark roast...Breakfast of Champions!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Gotta have hit. Wake n bake then have an edible for breakfast! I take my cannabis consumption seriously. Trying to preemptively stop cancer growth. My life is at stake!

Kratom and green tea and ginseng and a fully packed "Plenty" Vape is probably my favorite way to wake up short of a joint with some hits of LSD. You really can't beat LSD as a wake and bake stim.

Actually I'm going to go ahead and say LSD is probably one of the most underrated stimulants ever. Low dose acid is colorful, not too weird and brimming with electric energy and excitement at the sheer potential for living. Throw some weed in and make a big breakfast and it's like you were simultaneously god and worshiper, and taking care of oneself is a joy not a chore.

Basically I wake n bake every day. I'm on long term disability and take a shitload of meds in the morning. Those usually make me vomit unless I've smoked a couple of bowls. That will last about 60-90 minutes, by which time I'm over my puking and have done 1/4 daily dialyses. Have a couple of more coffees (yeah French press is pretty good), smoke a bit more and see what the day holds (usually nothing; it's been -24C or worse for 2 months in a row).

But the very first bowl of the day seems to have an energizing effect, regardless of what kind it is. And it sets the mood/tone for the whole day. So yeah, I look at wake n bakes kind like brushing your teeth in the morning - it's fundamental.

Tom