Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Heroin - Experienced - Weird O.D. on half a point of heroin

TherealRyan

Greenlighter
First time and not sure where to post or why my original got removed so i will post here.
Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe answers, maybe posting as a cautionary tale of sorts, but here goes.
Been doing black tar heroin for about a year. Have been shooting up daily for about five months now. Last night was a normal day. I had worked eight hours, drank plenty of water and had eaten my usial three meals at work and a meal at home after.
i cooked up my usual half of a point in a clean cooker, so 0.05 I thought it was strange because as i was heating it there were a couple pieces that would just not dissolve no matter what. I mean i was losing some of the liquid because it was evaporating at this point, so i stopped let it cool and threw in a cotton that was unused from my little baggie of cottens that i get from the exchange so i knew it was clean.
I drew the liquid into an unused syringe and it was about a quarter of a cc or 25 units. It was not very dark at all. I shouldve known better because of the bits that would not dissolve. The bits seemed kind of soft and like they had absorbed the liquid, but im not sure because i lost the cooker after what happened.
In the hundreds of shots I've took i had never seen something like that. I sat down and shot it anyways and immediately i could taste this bitter metal sour taste that i will never forget.
The rush came on seconds and felt normal at first, then it kept going to what i can only describe as a much higher "pace" then i have ever felt off of h. Within about twenty seconds i began to cough and started salivating then i could barely breathe. I crawled to the ground and I was gasping for air.
After aboit thirty seconds i felt something weird in my blatter and could not hold my piss for the life of me. I pulled myself up and barely got my dick out in time to pee.
I also felt like my bowls were going to evacuate at any second, but i was able to keep that in. By the time i was done peeing i couldnt stand any longer and fell to my knees still gasping for air.
My legs and arms felt limp and numb. I began to feel like my skin was on fire and i was sweating profusely. My vision was blurry and i could barely open my eyes. My heaft also seemed like it was beating fast and hard.
I grabbed my phone and managed to get a "help" text out to my nearby friend. He came out to find me lying in my pee and i was barely able to talk, but i told him where my narcan was. I was shiverering to the point where it felt like convulsions. Like when you shiver from being cold but times a hundred and uncontrollable. He shot the narcan in me once and he said it didnt seem to do anything so he shot another dose.
I managed to sit partially up and noticed my skin was beet red. I was still barely able to breathe and the shaking only got worse. About a minute passed and it finally seemed like my lungs started working better. I was able to crawl back on to my bed but I was still beet red and cold and shivering for the next hour or so until i must have passed out.
I woke up at four am or so remembering what happened vividly. Everything i know about h od's have never coincided with my experience. I will never forget that taste in my mouth.
Does anyone habe a similar experience? How could this have happened? Was there a different drug in my h somehow?

substancecode_heroin
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
roacode_iv
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_overdose

Last edited by a moderator:
No way we can determine what was in your dope, but I hsve to say I can't imagine why you would balk at all the warning signs that something was wrong. If you're still concerned with your health, please go to the hospital or your GP.

Not really asking for someone to tell me what was in my dope, more trying to identify if that was a normal reaction that could be caused by heroin alone. In my searching i was unable to find a similar reaction to heroin. And i am doing fine now. No adverse health effects other then being a bit worn out now, but i am normal and back to work.

The mods dont like threads like this because they lead to endless speculation. Might have better luck in the trip report section, and remove the question at the end.

However... the fact that you said your heroin didnt dissolve easily makes me think of 4-fibf, it is the only fentanyl analogue I know of that isnt very water soluble. It is known for being pretty not-euphoric but long lasting. Dealers sometimes mix it in their mostly fentanyl dope so it doesnt wear off in 30 minutes. Again, purely speculation.. nobody can give you a good answer.

But no I cant imagine 50mg of heroin would have that effect on a seasoned user. You are lucky you didnt lose consciousness. That is what usually happens with fent overdoses, and unless someone found you right quick, youd probably be dead.

Last edited:
Going to move this to trip reports, xork if this isn't appropriate please let me know.

That makes sense, sorry for the useless speculation. I understand. If anything it has certainly scared me straight. At least thats what i am hoping. I appreciate the responses regardless, being alone with this on my shoulders sucks as not many people know of my ways.

scary. do you still have any of the residue or rig with backwash or something? maybe you could send it to a lab for testing, they should be able to do it with just a trace amount.

I was hoping to, but when i woke the next morning i couldn't find the cooker. I feintly remember doing something with it to hide it in my stupor after shooting and realizing something was wrong, but i couldn't remember what or where.

You got a bad batch. No fentyol or any other opiate would cause those simptoms. Whatever you shot wasn't h. Thats for.sure. i dont know what area you're from, im assuming NW because of the tar. Its been pretty good here lately, but you have to trust who you're buying from. Glad you're ok. I fix by myself and worry about that often. Thankfully i have a very trustworthy source. Take care!

I am in nw. It was weird because i had gotten a ball and was doing some throughout the entire ball. It wasnt till the very end that this happened. I have wondered about the precipitated wd symptoms also, like the narcan caused me to enter the wd symptoms. The not being able to breath started immediately after though, as well as the loss of control of my bladder and bowels, and the numbness of limbs came long before i was hit with the narcan. One guy said it might have been bacteria in the cooker or the cotton. Whatever it was im sure it wasnt h like you said. Only similarity i have found is when someone shoots meth they have a similar reaction, but even then i don't see how .1 of meth could do that... I have done huge hot rails before of entire grams or more and never reacted like that. I have shot up a few times since and so far no adverse reactions. Im still scared every time now and i only do it with my friend around. And if i ever see something that wont dissolve in my cooked h and looks soft ever again, i am NOT doing it...