• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do different batches of meth give you different highs?

AshKillem

Greenlighter
Do certain batches give different highs or are they all the same and just some gets your higher and others are just shittier and don't get you as high. But I've noticed sometimes I'll get these great intense body highs and then others it just feels like I'm high in my head. Is it just shitty meth or what? So for the vagueness of this question haha

Uhm, for the most part the chemical that gets you high is going to be methamphetamine. I think what matters more is the route of administration, and how much of it is hitting your brain at once.

So snorting meth is known to give a more physically stimulating effect as opposed to smoking which is generally considered more euphoric. ( Everybody is different though....)

Also... if you are smoking speed that is half as strong as your usual speed, even if you smoke twice as much, the high will seem different because it is reaching your brain more gradually.

That being said, unreacted ephedrine, and some other byproducts of the synthesis are mildly psychoactive and could affect the high.

Does diffrent strains of weed give you different highs?

Going off of the reply above Different ROA will make you feel differnt , Expecally with Meth. I Prefer to Vap it out of a Bubble(you dont smoke meth , that would be awful tasting) When i want to get Tweaked ill Snort it , and if i want to go really really fast Ill eat a capsule with 175MG in it . I Reup on Full O's so i dont experince the different batchs for a month or two.
Sleep , how well fed and hydrated you are also play a crucial role in how your Gib will make you feel

Snorting is a totally different animal, very enjoyable.

Heisenberg has real crystal, the good stuff

Just tread lightly, he's the one that knocks

Lol have been watching that lately, wasn't in a condition to when it was on.

We don't allow that sort of discussion on here.

Yes different batches of even close to 100% pure meth can give different highs. See the discussion going on in the MDMA forum on this topic with regards to MDMA.

Basically it depends whether you have pure D-meth or a mixture of D and L-meth. Also the crystal structure (chemistry term, not the way the shard looks to the naked eye, the structure of the crystals on a molecular scale) of the shard has an effect on absorption rates and so on.

Then there are impurities being present that are not meth which obviously will give varied effects

Also the crystal structure (chemistry term, not the way the shard looks to the naked eye, the structure of the crystals on a molecular scale) of the shard has an effect on absorption rates and so on.

Could you elaborate? To my understanding this wouldn't matter if you inject,vaporize or eat meth since it would either be fully disolved in a solution or in vapor form, so no crystal structure there. I guess a different crystalline structure could change the absorption rate if you snort it, but would it be noticeable? I'm legitimately curious.

If there are active impurities then that would definitely change the high.
Not sure about a mixture of L and D because the D enantiomer is way more active so that's the one responsible for the psychoactive effects, you'd have to take a very high dose to even begin to feel the L enantiomer. But at the same time being high is so subjetive that pretty much anything could change how you feel.

The l gives all the unpleasant effects of the d on in high doses, without the pleasant ones. Ime racemic meth is a dirty jittery high, and screw that.

^Yeah the L is useless but I think there's quite a bit of misinformation about it.

L-meth does cross the BBB just like d-meth and binds to the same receptors IIRC, it just has a weaker affinity. L-meth has pretty much no effects on dopamine nor serotonin, relatively speaking, so it doesn't get you high.
As for noradrenaline, which is thought to be the cause of the unpleasant side effects, D-meth still realeases MORE NE (overall) than L-meth and regular d-AMP releases even more than both of those.
Pretty much everyone reports having much more side effects from racemic meth and I believe it (never had racemic myself) but it might be because they took more than they should have, which is understandable since you'd have to double the dose to have the same amount of d-meth (if you're used dextrometh).

There's a nice table with various binding affinity values on reddit if you're curious. I could be wrong since there isn't much info about those values online, so if someone has access to a newer scientific paper saying something very different then feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Theres heaps of ways meth is chopped and how to tell/coean it up.

Some is good. Some is shit. Get a led torch and anhydrous acteone/unbleached coffee filters.

Could you elaborate? To my understanding this wouldn't matter if you inject,vaporize or eat meth since it would either be fully disolved in a solution or in vapor form, so no crystal structure there. I guess a different crystalline structure could change the absorption rate if you snort it, but would it be noticeable? I'm legitimately curious.

If there are active impurities then that would definitely change the high.
Not sure about a mixture of L and D because the D enantiomer is way more active so that's the one responsible for the psychoactive effects, you'd have to take a very high dose to even begin to feel the L enantiomer. But at the same time being high is so subjetive that pretty much anything could change how you feel.

Absolutely has effects with oral or snorted. See polymorohism and bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of drugs...too drunk to elaborate right now.

Different polymorphs of the same drug will dissolve in the gut at different rates....and as the pH varies as the contents get pushed through the GI tract it's another variable changing the ultimate pharmacokinetics

Smoking and IV not so much

Last edited:
^Yeah the L is useless but I think there's quite a bit of misinformation about it.

L-meth does cross the BBB just like d-meth and binds to the same receptors IIRC, it just has a weaker affinity. L-meth has pretty much no effects on dopamine nor serotonin, relatively speaking, so it doesn't get you high.
As for noradrenaline, which is thought to be the cause of the unpleasant side effects, D-meth still realeases MORE NE (overall) than L-meth and regular d-AMP releases even more than both of those.
Pretty much everyone reports having much more side effects from racemic meth and I believe it (never had racemic myself) but it might be because they took more than they should have, which is understandable since you'd have to double the dose to have the same amount of d-meth (if you're used dextrometh).

There's a nice table with various binding affinity values on reddit if you're curious. I could be wrong since there isn't much info about those values online, so if someone has access to a newer scientific paper saying something very different then feel free to correct me.

Racemic is a very dirty high, will never willingly do that again.