• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Megamerged TDS Psychosis Thread vs. it's all going to be alright

^Take care of yourself, jejk! I'm glad that you are feeling better and also that you have your mother's support.<3

Thanks alot herbavore! Sending love telepathically to you from the north of Sweden :)

Hello, I'm new to bluelight so forgive me if I do or say anything I shouldn't. I'll gladly take any advice on how to do things better. Also, English isn't my native language so you'll have to excuse my spelling/grammar if it's wrong.

I can handle every drug i've tried (alcohol, weed, MDMA and 2C-B) fairly well and I don't seem to be sensitive to anything and i don't seem to have any health problems with any drug. However, this story isn't about me.

This story is about how my girlfriend (16 years old and 58 kg) started hearing a very negative voice in her head, that wasn't hers, after taking 9 mg of 2C-B (orally). She had only drank twice, smoked weed once and she tried 30 mg of mdma once. The time she smoked, she was already a little drunk (her first time drinking) and she had a bad trip for ~one and a half hour where she kept forgetting where she was and her insecurity got really bad. after the bad trip, she felt somewhat depressed for a couple of days but both me and her thought she just freaked out because she was too sensitive to weed. She told her mother about it and she told her that she had had the same with weed, and that she became depressed one time after being too drunk.

This should've been a warning but both me and my girlfriend thought it would be fine if she did drugs, as long as she wouldn't take too much at a time. A few days later, we drank again (her second and to this day last time) and nothing special happened. A week later, she tried 30 mg of mdma and again, nothing special happened apart from the fact that she was more high than I had expected (I read that 30 mg was the threshold dose). 1 week later, we tried a low dose of 2C-B. This was 2 weeks ago and where the story starts.

2 weeks ago, I was invited to the party of my girlfriend's brother's party and me and my girlfriend already knew that we wouldn't be at the party for long and that we would just go upstairs to her room (the party was in their house) so we could just do whatever we wanted. I asked her a few days before if she wanted to trie a low dose of 2C-B while we were in her room. She said yes, and we decided that I would take 11 mg and she would take 9 mg. At the party, we went almost immediately to her room and took the 2C-B. When the drug started to kick in, I couldn't feel anything myself but noticed that my girlfriend was a lot more in a funny-ish mood (she had the exact same mood as when she triend mdma). I didn't feel the drug yet and I didn't like the mood she was in because it annoyed me for some reason (I'm usually pretty relaxed and don't like people who are active and trying to be funny, which she was when the drug kicked in). unfortunately, I'm really bad at hiding it when something or someone annoys me. Once she noticed I was a little bit annoyed, her insecurity kicked in again and this caused her to spiral in the axact same bad trip that she had when she had smoked weed. Only this time, she felt that the same bad trip was returning and this made it a bit easier to handle.

The bad trip went pretty much exactly the same as her previous one, apart from the fact that she heard a voice in her head that was saying a lot of negative things (to this day, she has a hard time talking about it because the voice forbids her to say what the voice is saying).

After the bad trip I thought she was okay again, but a week later I heard from her that the voice never went away. A few days after that (so a few days ago from where I am now) she was able to cope with the voice better after taking a 3-4 hour nap, but the voice is still as loud as it was in the begining and is showing no signs of going away anytime soon.

I was the one who supplied her with the drugs (alcohol, weed, MDMA and 2C-B) everytime including this time, so you'll probably understand that I feel somewhat responsible for this. Both out of guilt and because I want her to get better no matter what, I did a lot of research on what she might be having. Now, I think she has a mild drug-induced pdychosis but I dont know what to do. I read that drugs can either cause a temporary pshychosis (which I'm hoping is what she has) or they can bring up a mental disease, that she would have gotten later no matter what, earlier.

So please, if you know anything about this or what I should do now, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read this way too long of a post.

Edit 1: 3 weeks after the party (so 1 week after I made this thread), the voice has been there less often for a few days. She is also fixing her sleep schedule (she used to go to sleep around 01:15 and now she goes to sleep at 00:00 or earlier) and she is exercising more, so we don't know if the voice is going away on it's own or if it's because she is in better physical shape.

Edit 2: 5 weeks after the party, she had gotten used to the voice a lot more, and then she stopped hearing the voice all at once. Instead, she heard a female voice scream. This happened more often but lasted a shorter amount of time. She didn't know wether this was worse or better than the voice because she had gotten used to the voice and she wasnt used to these screams, as she had never heard them before.

7 weeks after the party, the screeams stopped and the voice returned. The voice was now worse than it was right before the screams took over. This was in a stressful period for her, and we have no doubt that stress has a negative impact on her recovery.

10 weeks after the party, the voice is there a lot less often: about 3 or 4 times per day.

11 weeks after the party, the voice is there even less, and on some days it's not there at all.

We still haven't gone to the doctor, and we are both very aware that we definitely should go to the doctor. However, our parents know nothing about the situation and going to the doctor would mean that our parent would find out as i'm pretty sure that doctors can't medicate a child without notifying his/her parents. My girlfriend is pretty sure that she wouldn't be allowed to see me again if her parent found out, and my parents would not react too well either. We know this is a very childish reason for not going to the doctor, but it is the way it is.

Edit 3: 18 weeks after the party, she stopped hearing the voice. Just before that, she heard it every two or three days, until she suddenly stopped hearing the voice all together. Up to now, 20 weeks after the party, she still hasn't heard the voice so it seems to be over.

Thanks for all the advice.

Edit 4: About five and a half months after she stopped hearing the voice, she still hasn't heard it so it's definitely over. This doesn't mean she got off completely without lasting psychological damage as she is traumatised to some extend, but the worst went away. This will probably be the last edit unless something strange happens with her. I hope this thread can help some people who might be going through the same situation as I did.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned if it was while she was tripping, but the fact that a hallucinogenic drug seems to have initiated a 'voice' which isn't going away - it's probably a good idea to speak to a doctor. It could be a number of things. Have a quick read of this if you haven't already: Paracusia

I think it is very important for your girlfriend to seek mental health help. Audio hallucinations that are negative in nature and are persistent are no joke and certainly could point to an underlying mental health issue. Then again, some people, especially people that are using drugs, may experience this and have it go away (happened to me when I was young) so not everyone fits the same pattern and psychiatry and psychology are notorious for demanding that everyone fit neatly into a diagnosis. The most important thing here is for her to try to use whatever she can--CBT, mindfulness, talk therapy--to minimize her anxiety over the voices. She is very young to be doing these things and stopping everything is probably the best thing she can do for her mental as well as physical health. There are plenty of years in life to experiment with one's consciousness--why do it when your brain is still developing? At 16, she is on the precipice of adulthood but not yet there. She, and probably you, could both benefit from living life sober. It's easy to believe that nothing is as fun or as exciting sober as when you are high but that is a mindset, not a fact.

It's great that you are supportive of her. I would encourage her to see a therapist or psychologist and to concentrate on doing all the things that our brains need--good sleep, good diet and lots of exercise--as well as pursuing what interests her.

audio hallucinations can occur from both stimulant psychosis and psychedelic amphetamine experiences. Therefore, they aren't due to deteriorating mental health and do not require a doctor's help.
HOWEVER, if these hallucinations occur after the drug has run its course, you should seek help asap.

2C-B could have brought out some underlying mental illness. I would get your friend some help.

Are you in the US? I would suggest she go into the psych ward and be put on a anti psychotic like Abilify.

I went thru a drug induced psychosis and when the Abilify kicked in it finally took away this loud commanding voices so I suggest she do that.

It?s very important to treat this early as opposed to letting it linger. She?ll be ok and I understand the guilt feeling. Try to abstain both of you for your health and hers.

Fijn, I merged the two threads together in case you are wondering what happened to your shorter version. I think the longer version is fine and sometimes it just takes a bit before people respond.

Thank you for all the reactions so far. I'll defenitely try to convince her to go to the doctor, or at the very least call a doctor who specializes in drug related health issues (I live in the Netherlands and there are a lot of anonymous harm reduction-like places and numbers). She already figured that she should stop doing drugs, so that the problem doesn't get worse. I'll keep everyone who reads this up-to-date and I'll keep watching for any more reactions. And again, thank you.

I just have to say again, Fijn, how sweet a boyfriend you are. Take good care of yourselves and each other and I know everything will be fine. Also assure yourself and your girlfriend that there is a huge variation in people's experiences with audio hallucinations--they do not necessarily mean schizophrenia or any other persistent extreme state. More than likely as your girlfriend learns to calm her own thoughts and to minimize the anxiety that she may have a mental illness, the more confident she will feel about her own mind. Anxiety has a way of becoming a self-feeding loop but the good news is that practicing self-calming techniques like conscious breathing, mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy techniques can become a very positive self-feeding loop.<3

Yes you are very considerate of her and that's a start to a healthy relationship. Just abstain from drugs so you don't tempt her.

3 weeks after the party (so 1 week after I made this thread), the voice has been there less often for a few days. She is also fixing her sleep schedule (she used to go to sleep around 01:15 and now she goes to sleep at 00:00 or earlier) and she is exercising more, so we don't know if the voice is going away on it's own or if it's because she is in better physical shape.

I also sent an email last monday
(6 days ago, 2 days after I made this thread) to an organization that informs and helps drug users asking what I should do, and they said that I could expect a reply 5 workdays after I sent the email so I hope I'll recieve the response tomorrow.

Every time I have something new to share, I'll say it in a reply in this thread (what i'm doing now) and I'll also edit the main post for new readers.

Also, I don't reply to every message, because I would like this thread to remain compact. If I don't (directly) reply to someone's reply it defenitely doesn't mean I don't appreciate it or that I won't do anything with their advice. I'm saying this because I'm relatively new to bluelight and I don't really know if it's common to reply to every advice.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that 9mg of 2c-b (was this orally?) was active at all, let alone able to induce voices. What other effects did she experience? Are you sure this was 2c-b?

Either way, I think this indicates that your girlfriend is likely more prone to such phenomena than average, and as such she should probably avoid drug use entirely. Can you be certain that she hasn't heard voices before?

I'm surprised that 9mg of 2c-b (was this orally?) was active at all, let alone able to induce voices. What other effects did she experience? Are you sure this was 2c-b?

Either way, I think this indicates that your girlfriend is likely more prone to such phenomena than average, and as such she should probably avoid drug use entirely. Can you be certain that she hasn't heard voices before?

I gave a pill out of the few pills to a place where they test them for free for harm reduction purposes. They said I had to wait a week and then I could call them for the results. 1 pill contained 17 mg of 2C-B (that's a high dose for a 2C-B pill, I know. On the pill it even said 'double trouble' and the 2 halfs of the pill had either a '1' or a '2' on it to indicate the higher dose) and I gave her half a pill (I said she took 9 mg and not 8,5 because it's hard to cut a pill in 2 equally sized halfs, and the half she took was a tiny bit bigger than half a pill). She took it orally so I was very surprised that she had such a bad experience too.

She sais she has never heard voices before, and I don't see why someone would lie about that, especially to me.

She hasn't taken any other drug since that party (unless you count sugar and caffeine) and isn't planning on doing so again. Of course nobody knows if she won't do drugs ever again, but she isn't doing any drugs in the near future at least.

During the bad trip and after, she didn't experience anything worth noting (from what I know of course).

9mg should defenitely be an active dose. I think 2-5 mg is the threshold dose for 2C-B and I even experienced a little bit of a distorted sense for heat (I felt weirdly cold on specific places on my neck and legs, but it wasn't unpleasant) when I took ~1 mg orally.

I edited the main post so it sais she took the dose orally now. I originally forgot to do that.

Last edited:
I think it is really great that you're seeking out advice on this issue, my friend.

But I think it is incredibly important that you seek professional, competent medical advice on this one. Auditory hallucinations, or "voices" per se, are exceptionally serious and important issues to explore. Approaching this may feel very daunting, and she will very much need your help and support, particularly as she is already someone who seems to exhibit insecure feelings and behaviour. She's gonna need your help, and you're gonna have to have her back on this one, dude. Gonna have to be her friend.

I really think that the best place to start with this would be for her to seek help first with her GP (her regular family doctor, or general practitioner). It's highly important that she be truthful with him/her, as misdiagnosis in these circumstances is a very serious matter. Diagnosing mental illness is difficult as it is; if there has been psychologically-altering drugs involved, the doctor really does need to know this. If she is not comfortable divulging that to her GP, then perhaps she could simply tell the doc that she's experiencing the untoward symptoms of extreme negative feeling, and negative "self-talking" in her head, and that she needs to see a psychiatrist/psychologist. I dont think it's too much of a stretch that she'll get a referral for this, unless her doc is one of the "crappy" type. Then, once she is being evaluated by a mental health professional, she'll likely feel far more comfortable divulging the drug use.

I hope this helps you (and her) in some way, and I really do urge you to seek help with this, young sir.

I have been using mdma since 2013 but I take months of breaks. I only take whenever I go to a big event and then coccaine.

Saturday night 5pm I snorted 2 lines of coke and then finished almost a gram at 11pm. (I left like 2 more lines)

Then at midnight I started feeling insects/bugs/spiders crawling into my arms, skin, my hair is moving on it?s own like a worm and when I sit down.... i just feel them crawling ever second. Scared the shit out of me but I was very much aware that it?s bc of the coke. I thought it would go away.... I can?t even sleep because when I try to close my eyes I still see weird shit. And I feel them crawling in my face... trying to go inside my mouth...... so I wasn?t able to sleep until 8pm the next day. And it was hell. I kept seeing weird shit, faces on the walls, I took tons of melatonin obv didn?t work...

And so I went to the hospital straight to the ER coz usually when I hallucinate they go away after I eat and rest but no this one?s different.... the doctor gave me Diphenhydramine just to help me sleep at night and adviced me to see a psychiatrist. There were no psychiatrist available until tomorrow (I will go see one in the morning)

So it?s tueaday now ( 3 days later) and I?m still having ?psychosis? like symptoms. My hallucinations still here......... not as bad anymore but still scary :(

I want to know if this will stop/go away soon
Or what :(

And what medicine should I take for this,

You should stop taking MDMA or cocaine for a while. I've experienced worse in my life, but sometimes people are more "sensitive" to these things than others. Don't ask about my friend "Sandy" (Prankster name was dis-Mount) :( . If your symptoms persist: Seek professional help as advised by the ER Doctor. Avoid the "Merry-go-round" of taking more meds, you need to heal your brain as well as your body. Treat it good. Eat well. There will be time to "roll" in the future. I waited 10 years at one period of my life and and am happy to trip and roll again, but you have to heal sometimes.

Good vibes!