• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA 500mg - Incredibly Hallucinogenic?

call1900daniel

Greenlighter
I got a little ambitious a couple of weekends ago at an event and consumed an estimated 500mg of "MDMA" and the effects were unusual... I'm wondering if the effects were due to the high dosage, or perhaps what I got was more MDA than MDMA.

The basic consumption timeline went as follows:

11:30 took first capsule
12:30 took second capsule
2:00 (maybe 1:45?) took third capsule

Each capsule was an assumed 166mg each. *edit* there were intermittent hits of marijuana as well.

Well at the peak of the night, after the third capsule had kicked in everything was in major overload, particularly visually. The only comparison I have to the nature of the hallucination were that of mushrooms. My entire visual field was almost liquid, no hard lines could be seen, everything was slightly bleeding into the next. I was looking at color images of abstract art I took at a museum recently and all of the colors were moving, swirling, blending, zooming in and out. Sounds were obviously heightened, same with emotions. I was clearly on some derivative of MDMA. I'm thinking that due to the intensity of the hallucinations that perhaps it was MDA? I've taken a fair amount of MDMA in my life, never an assumed 500mg, but never has it been like that.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Mdma can turn to mda especially during high doses, I know I have tripped before from mdma though I find it quite enjoyable.

I had the same experience with 300mg.
How you feeling now?

The hallucinogenic effects of the trip lasted a long time after. Went to "sleep" around 5:30/6 - work up around 10:30/11 and was still seeing visual shifts in textured surfaces for a couple of more hours. Then the rest of the day was a typical (but heavy) hangover. Super tired and mentally drained. Took probably 48 hours to feel back to normal.

Mdma can turn to mda especially during high doses, I know I have tripped before from mdma though I find it quite enjoyable.

It was certainly the most memorable MDMA experience I have had to date - quite possibly the most memorable chemical experience period. It definitely took things to new heights I never knew possible with MDMA, but also I feel foolish. 3 capsules (1 every hour) at an assumed 500mg is dumb. That's getting into unsafe territory, and TBH at times I definitely was aware that I might have taken too much. I kept myself hydrated and did what I could to be as responsible as I could, but will I do that again? As great as it was, probably not.

Last edited:
Not sure why but here in Scotland everyone seems to take 10x more than they can handle, what can we do but learn from our mistakes but also not forget to enjoy them too.

^ Also not sure why but here in Finland everyone seems to take 10x more than they handle especially when it comes to alcohol and I guess scots also go hard on the booze?

Anyhow OP the more MDMA you ingest the more it turns into MDA and you get stronger visuals.

Yes of course - it's just that these hallucinations were far beyond any I have experienced before with MDMA. It was quite (albeit, pleasantly) surprising.
I have extensive experience with a whole bunch of 'true' psychedelics and to this day the visuals I occasionally got from a (too) high dose of MDMA remain among the most beautiful and lifelike ones I have ever had. I even had auditory hallucinations a few times, which is very rare or at least for me it is. The first time this happened I was scared shitless, I thought I was OD'ing, which actually was the case, though obviously not fatally OD'ing. Once I calmed down I found them to be enjoyable actually. And from that first night on I've been getting them at lower and lower doses each time

I have found that the trigger for this, at least for me, is smoking a big amount of high grade weed during the roll. This will produce visuals on the tail end of the roll, sometimes extremely intense visuals if I took too much MDMA

I have described the visuals in great detail in a post once
Shit I've seen:
-Leaves of trees forming tiny hands that are waving at me
-Peoples faces warp to sharp-toothed monster faces, awesome and scary at the same time
-Everyone around me seems to have luminescent glasses on
-Gnomes running around in the tall grass (there was no grass in reality, but a dancefloor)
-Facial tattoos. They were intricate, in colour, vivid, awesome and so on. Most if them tribal style but I saw a whole bunch of different styles with animals & symbols & vikings ... But that wasn't what made them truly remarkable. What made them truly remarkable was that they were being drawn as I looked at people's faces, I could almost see the artists hand moving above the canvas. And if I focused on them for longer than 10 seconds, they started to erase themselves again in the same order they were drawn (or so it seemed to me). This is by far the most beautiful and awe-inspiring visual I've ever experienced on MDMA. One of my most common ones as well, luckily
-Tornado of soccer balls above the crowd
-Horseless golden chariot driving over the crowd in the distance
-People that are there one moment, only to disappear completely the next. And re-appear a few meters further. Approached one once, it disappeared and there was nobody there said my mates. To this day I don't know if any of them were real. They are known as shadow people I believe, but they weren't in the corner of my eyes, they were right in front of me walking, until they weren't...
-Circle of light that emanated outwards from me, everything outside this circle pitch black invisible, everything inside very bright and vibrant. Circle was pulsing inwards and outwards and got bigger with every pulse, like I was turning into a super saiyan or something
-Girls look like angels, complete with halos and wings. Got me a few numbers when I told them, they thought I was complimenting while I was just describing them
-Walls breathing and water running down the walls
-Lasers that burned holes in everything they touched
-Bats flying out of the speakers in the distance
-Seeing a very good mate that I thought wasn't there that particular evening, only to have them shrink or grow and morph in a stranger. Usually right after I approached them and said "hey man, what are you doing here? How are you?". Always funny the look on their faces. Usually they understand though, but not always
-Everything that is light in colour and is moving is outlined in dark pencil, like in a cartoon
-I even had auditory hallucinations a few times. Always the same one: the event is concluded and music stopped. The sound of the crowd talking sounds absolutely deafening. Don't think 'loud', think 'jumbo jet taking off with you right behind it'. Absolutely deafening, I could not hear any details anymore, my mates' lips were moving but all I heard was earth-shattering murmuring
-I don't know if this is even possible, but at two different nights I was walking down the stairs and every sense in my body, apart from my vision, was telling me I was going up the stairs. My sense for balance was altered, not that I didn't have balance anymore, I did, but my sensory input was telling me things that were impossible

Last edited:
Oh mean bluebull....that post makes me want to take a big dose. Those deleriant type visuals I have gotten 1 time after injecting 4FA for a whole weekend...but I wasn't really high or getting high from shots by the time the visuals kicked in so I wasn't euphoric.

I bet it's awesome when you get them and are also peaking on MDMA.

I won't ever go above 2oo in a night though...too scared of bad comedowns

500mg is easily enough to produce hallucinations. Presumably you got a gram and divided by six, right, hence the 166mg? I used to do the same in clubs and take three capsules/500mg. I always tripped, and the hallucinations were very real and detailed. That's three hefty doses accumulating to do their thing.

Whilst MDMA does convert to MDA, I also have a feeling that MDMA is active in its own right, especially in certain people (just check reports of people injecting etc). I also think people who have tripped before on MDMA are more likely to trip, or just certain people in general. I am very prone. I've seen:

- monks hiking down a motorway at 4am
- a lorry driving down a bicycle path
- tents at a festival flickering in and out of existence
- trying to use a phone and it disappearing and not being there
- speaking to friends who aren't there
- trying to pick up objects that aren't there
- thinking I'm at work
- tattoos
- sunglasses
- a cruise liner in a city centre. Blinked and it turned into a building.
- an animal that rapidly turned into whatever my friend suggested, for both of us. Fox, badger, tiger, dog, rat, bird, rabbit, sheep, etc etc. In a northern uk city back yard. Most of them were not even within twenty miles, let alone native species; but as soon as he suggested it - "no it's a fucking badger not a cat", it became it.
- An intricate bustling Japanese city coming to life, with sky scrapers/people walking to work etc, then a high speed train shooting off into the distance and suddenly blinking and realising it wasn't there and was just the lights behind the bar.
- a borrower riding past on a bicycle.
- a bucket/gravity bong which disappeared every time I tried to smoke it.
- persistent orbs that just kind of hung around in the air and moved when nudged or there was a draft, for the entire night.
- small organisms accumulating around certain areas like windows, which seemed most familiar to small amoebas. I knew they were always there, but I couldn't usually see them. I showed my friends and they could see them too. When I walked home by myself, they were raining from the sky in their millions.
- when trying to sleep with eyes closed, a mouse pointer moving up to the url bar on a web browser and turning into an I shaped text cursor/icon, which then dropped down and multiplied and evolved, gradually turning into an advanced society at different stages of development (but completely different from anything that could exist in this reality)

These are just the obvious examples that I can remember; but I trip every time I do MDMA and most I'll never remeber. It's very common to have synchronistic trips on MDMA too. I always remember my friends sitting on their seats in a club and suddenly all putting their hand out to receive something, only for them to snap out of it and claim that they each thought the other one was handing them a bottle of water.

I could swear that anybody in the right state on MDMA can induce the hallucinations by blinking. I feel like the act of blinking some how causes the hallucinations "I blinked and it disappeared", and you can rapidly blink in near darkness and see something which isn't there. And yes, like bluebull said, weed really brings them out as well. And moderate-high doses.

I 100% love tripping on MDMA/MDA. It is very much a mixture of cognitive and visual hallucinations.

Last edited:
What's up guys, I read the whole thread and wanna let you all know what we are doing in Israel.
300 mg is for noobies. and after couple of hours the noobies take another 150.
the normal people and the hard fellows taking about 750 mg for a party (8-12 hours)
The Israeli trance scene is insane.

What's up guys, I read the whole thread and wanna let you all know what we are doing in Israel.
300 mg is for noobies. and after couple of hours the noobies take another 150.
the normal people and the hard fellows taking about 750 mg for a party (8-12 hours)
The Israeli trance scene is insane.

Obviously they are ridiculous doses for "noobies". The "normal people and the hard fellows"... jesus.

I'd unapprove your post, but instead I'd like to leave it open and request you stop being a dick, if that's what you're doing.

I do actually think there is a very small chance that this is a genuine post, so this is a genuine request.

Edit: Just to clarify that an average dose of MDMA for a noobie is an average dose of MDMA i.e roughly 100-130mg. I'm not personally an advocate of people taking half doses their first time, but taking double+ is going to incapacitate you, overwhelm most people, and certainly getting into physically dangerous territory. It is not a noobie dose.

Last edited: