Good 70's music?

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
1970's were another inimitable musical era. From the death of The Beatles to the advent of metal and punk rock and slow noodly progressive tunes, one of the best era's for modern music.

Let's share some stuff that has impacted you from the years 1970 to 1980. It would be call if you would write a line or two also. :)

I'm a start with the mellow, sombre ballad from John Lennon (All praise be unto him, RIP <3). I think Lennon took a bad turn musically during the 70's, despite Plastic Ono Band and Imagine being absolutely up there with the classics of The Beatles. Mind Games is okay, but the album Rock n Roll is almost embarassing, and his final album was really mediocre. Who knows what would have happened had he been allowed to live.

johnlennon150812w0_0.jpg

This is a beautiful song. Fuck, Lennon was even good at whistling.

Oh yeah, the seventies. Lots of good music made that decade, I was waiting for this thread.

Lou Reed’s Transformer Album (1972) is a classic. I loved the dreamy quality of “Satellite of Love”

Television released Marquee Moon in 1977 which was way ahead of its time and great in every way. I love the raw sound of this recording. Fuck it, I’ll post the whole album.

1970's Music

Lets tear everything back and explore backword, to appreciate the forward.

Funk, Disco, Bowie, Zepplin and on, and on...

Love Herbie Hancock, for like the entire year of 2011, that's the only music I would listen to when I would get high, anything else just wouldn't hit the spot. Fucking love Herbie and all of his associates as well.

Hey, I've merged our threads together Asceplius :)

Have this-

make me wanna watch sid and nancy rn fr ^

John "Smokey" Condon was a Baltimore outcast with big dreams and a hankering for man meat. He didn't try to hide it, either. Unlike so many of the closeted rock stars of the '70s and '80s, Condon was out and proud and didnt give a fuck what anyone thought. He gave so few fucks that when he moved to Hollywood and hooked up with producer EJ Emmons, the two sides of their debut single were about NYC leather bars (Leather) and a 300-pound drag queen (Miss Ray), respectively.

This is an impossible topic for me to discuss. It’s hands down my favorite era of music. I’m listening to Nashville Skyline on the record player right now.

I'm not going to post the actual songs because I don't actually know how to but after reading the thread a few of my favorites popped to mind.

The whole album, Yellow Brick Road
Live Bullet, Mr. Bob rocks
Again, the whole album, Desperado (RIP Mr Glenn Frey)

That's all for now. Nice thread!

^Just click on the insert video button (which looks like a piece of film) and paste the URL of your video, click OK and voila, you're done. I don't know how its done in mobile mode though.

Eat A Peach just turned 45 years old. Did you know that they came up with Mountain Jam after Donovans tune There Is A Mountain?

[video]https://youtu.be/XcMM5-zBCEc[/video]

Last edited:
Eat A Peach just turned 45 years old. Did you know that they came up with Mountain Jam after Donovans tune There Is A Mountain?

Thanks for that memory, that was one of my first albums I ever bought. Along with Masters of Reality (totally love Sweet Leaf) and Cosmos Factory.

Thanks for the memory! That was one of the first albums I ever bought. Along with Masters of Reality (totally love Sweet Leaf) and Cosmos Factory. Hard to believe it's been that long ago.