• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My faith gets me by.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Are there any preachers here? The only thing that has reduced and almost completely eliminated my disire for drugs is my faith.

I?m a fervent Christian who knows exactly what all of you are going thru. When I got saved in 06 it was after a devastating psychosis from a mixture of drugs. I was very curious about God after that event. I look at it now as a blessing.

When I got saved I had the most profound joy and peace I had ever experienced. It was every thing I was looking for in drugs.

Over the years I?ve felt with many trials that tested my faith but they just show me my faith is genuine.

Anyone here ever go through that or does anyone want leading to how you can escape all that you are going through?

It is definitely not unusual for someone to have a religious awakening after an accident or while getting off of drugs. In my own personal experience, it has seemed that these people have tended to stay clean longer. I think a large part of that is like NA and AA talk about, having a "higher power" that you turn over your condition to. Plus, it definitely doesn't hurt to be able to plug into a large and supportive network of people.

If it helps, and I believe it does, I am all for it.

Faith is a powerful tool, whether it's faith in a higher power, your fellow man, or just faith in the fact that life could be worse, because it has been. It makes a huge difference, I'm glad you have something to believe in and help you through hard times.

Faith is a powerful tool, whether it's faith in a higher power, your fellow man, or just faith in the fact that life could be worse, because it has been. It makes a huge difference, I'm glad you have something to believe in and help you through hard times.
preach

You are so right that finding out who you are is exactly what is searched for in drugs. It is a far superior feeling to drugs though and never leaves you. Living in The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the most amazing and wonderful thing EVER!

I had a near death experience and I am so thankful for that. It has given me wisdom, compassion, understanding, comfort, and such great unconditional love for myself and for others. I like the person I have become.

I would have been the last person telling anyone about The Lord. Seriously. But it is truth.

Love one another. <3

During the psychosis I almost died of a XTC OD. I too was very curious about the afterlife after all that I endured.

I felt an unrelenting conviction. I came to Christ not expecting anything but received more than I could ever imagine,

I backslid in 08 and tried to help the voices I was hearing and thus throwing me into a big addiction to benzos and gabapentin.

I just now started to turn it back over to God. He took away my benzo withdrawals and I no longer have the desire to abuse my medication.

During the psychosis I almost died of a XTC OD. I too was very curious about the afterlife after all that I endured.

I felt an unrelenting conviction. I came to Christ not expecting anything but received more than I could ever imagine,

I backslid in 08 and tried to help the voices I was hearing and thus throwing me into a big addiction to benzos and gabapentin.

I just now started to turn it back over to God. He took away my benzo withdrawals and I no longer have the desire to abuse my medication.

I believe Jesus was the son of the one true God, He came in the flesh, was innocent and then crucified so we could understand the evil that men do, and I realized this on LSD. When I dropped to my knees and accepted him as my father, the trip STOPPED. I believe in miracles. My friends think I am totally ate up because of this, but I see a vision in my heart of each and every one of them coming to me later in life, ready to accept Jesus. There is no darkness he will not save us from Praise Jesus.

I want to add that I have studied all the religions, I went from militant athiest, from shamanism, to Christianity. It's been a beautiful ride.

I love reading everyone's testimony. <3 Right now I'm studying Job and it's been a powerful message for me. I was really starting to feel overwhelmed this morning and remembered what that poor man endured. Job never lost his faith even though he lost everything else. I should have been dead long ago but I somehow made it with God's help. I still fall short every day and it's hard to believe He could forgive a heathen like me. That's the beauty of Christianity! God has a purpose for each of us. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here.

I love reading everyone's testimony. <3 Right now I'm studying Job and it's been a powerful message for me. I was really starting to feel overwhelmed this morning and remembered what that poor man endured. Job never lost his faith even though he lost everything else. I should have been dead long ago but I somehow made it with God's help. I still fall short every day and it's hard to believe He could forgive a heathen like me. That's the beauty of Christianity! God has a purpose for each of us. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here.

Amen, once you see how real the darkness is, you see how real the Lord is

Don't know necessarily what I believe, I do believe in a higher power, but beyond that I don't know

All we can do is live our life as best we can.

Don't know necessarily what I believe, I do believe in a higher power, but beyond that I don't know

All we can do is live our life as best we can.

Well, you keep believing in that higher power buddy, and if you hit a crossroads like some of the people on this thread and you wanna take it to another level, get a hold of some of the people on this thread, or someone you know personally that is a Christian. I was stuck for a long time worshiping music, worshiping drugs, and I still believe Cannabis should be legal, but I believe that all wonderful things are created by God. All the great art, everything. Sometimes Satan will try to take the credit and pervert things that were meant to be good. Satan is an accuser that already stands guilty.

Personally I find my Buddhist faith very useful. The mindfulness based meditation has been of great help. I don't believe in God in the Abrahamic sense, so that covers Judaism, Islam and Christianity. However, I do believe something is going on beyond the mere human condition and conscious understanding.

Personally I find my Buddhist faith very useful. The mindfulness based meditation has been of great help. I don't believe in God in the Abrahamic sense, so that covers Judaism, Islam and Christianity. However, I do believe something is going on beyond the mere human condition and conscious understanding.

This describes my understanding of things as well but I love the teachings ascribed to Jesus. If humankind could follow just that one directive ("Do unto others as you would have others do unto you") we would have a vastly different world.

When you can?t take any of all life?s problems anymore God will take it all. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

When I came to him I lost my mind. I lost my ex and I was totally broken. I didn?t expect much but I felt his second coming like He was about to appear. I told Him I didn?t want to be left behind.

That?s when I gave my life to Him. Like I said I had the most profound joy and peace I can ever describe.

The simple thing like the color of a green leaf on a tree made me live in His wonderment. I still get kisses like that but with any challenge You will be tested on the earth. Because this earth loves darkness rather than light it?s going to be a challenge.

Reading His Word is always the answer to everything.

Tell me, why do people refer to God in the masculine sense. What use has a God/A Higher Power have with a gender?

Chrispche- to answer your question- God is whole. He is both male and female. He has both qualities.
Male being the stronger and outer appearance, while female is the inner, the heart so to speak.

Beloveds, I have long thought there was a way to become whole again from injury and suffering since my near death experience.
A spiritual way to heal what is unable to be healed. I came across the answer. I found an ancient writing called The Book of Raziel.
Look at this part here:

Give reverence and serve God in great fear. Be delivered from curses written in the Torah. The punishment comes forth from the holy place, blessed is it. Its measure is longer than the Earth and wider than the sea. Receive salvation from affliction, injury, and suffering. Do not writhe in pain. Do not be ruled over by foreign lands. Do not bring death or speak evil. Fill the days in goodness and blessings in the world. Deliver from misfortune and affliction and destruction from the walls of fire in Gihenam. The wicked prepare to burn in flames on the day of the great judgment. By reverence of the Lord, rise up by sacrifice of the sin offering. Make three sacrifices: the burnt offering, the peace offering, and the sin offering. Of sacrifices in the first house through the first priest in the name of the one God, three limes in righteousness: by love, by petition, and by reverence.

When you can?t take any of all life?s problems anymore God will take it all. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

When I came to him I lost my mind. I lost my ex and I was totally broken. I didn?t expect much but I felt his second coming like He was about to appear. I told Him I didn?t want to be left behind.

That?s when I gave my life to Him. Like I said I had the most profound joy and peace I can ever describe.

The simple thing like the color of a green leaf on a tree made me live in His wonderment. I still get kisses like that but with any challenge You will be tested on the earth. Because this earth loves darkness rather than light it?s going to be a challenge.

Reading His Word is always the answer to everything.

Amen!