• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My faith gets me by.

Thank you for your kind words! Crazy how pain and withdrawal devastates our mind and spirit. Had nerve completely severed from surgery, takes 12-18 months to heal, almost a year in and getting a little better. The physical pain is better to deal with than emotional pain from withdrawal. I quit browsing the forums after I got clean and every now and then poked around to remind myself how far I've come. Figured I might as well share a positive story with everyone suffering throughout these forums.

Must be nice. It can suck being an agnostic. I am jealous of those who can give themselves over to that higher power.

Krazikat I understand your pain I really do. I was and still feel like I?m losing my faith. It?s being tested right now.

^What's happening? I'm in bupe withdrawal myself, have been for the last week and it's getting worse.

But it will get better soon. Time is the only true healer. Hoping for a miracle will just make you feel disappointed. No junkie ever gets mercy. But I promise you (and me) that time will smooth all things over. Try to be patient. Be merciful to yourself.

Pm me if you need to vent <3

^I was trying to text my sister about someone we know named Carma Sakkaf and autocorrect changed it to Carmaker Saccharin!=D

Lol. Ya buddy! This is so hard herbavore. It takes everything I have. I?ve been dealing with so much.

What led to you using blow again? Are you struggling to keep up with your responsibilities while detoxing?

Trying to keep and maintain a job while detoxing was a pretty big obstacle for me. It's possible, I've done it while working construction in the summer. Probably not advisable due to dehydration and possibly other concerns, but if you taper down right it is possible. Stay hydrated, keep simple food on you to snack on, keep a very low "emergency" dose on you for when absolutely needed. Say that you have the flu and haven't been feeling very well and take a sick day if need be. A lot of the WDs from opioids would be considered "flu-like symptoms" so no need to fake it. As long as you haven't already done this and don't keep doing this it shouldn't be a problem. Everyone gets sick.

In the end though I've basically had to start all over since I have gotten clean. I can't go back to some of what I was doing, and I don't want to go back to the rest. Really trying to move forward and get a fresh start myself.

I don't believe in a higher power or anything myself, but I do believe in other people and in forgiveness as well. It is important to forgive others when they make a mistake that impacts us, but it is equally important, if not more so, to forgive yourself. I know you had your own expectations of where you should and would be, but don't be discouraged if you are not there yet. i got so mad at myself when I relapsed this last time. Made it about 9 months no pills, then a few weeks ago I bought 10 bars and blacked out. I don't know if I took them all that night, but I blacked out the next three days and spent the week after piecing together the events based off what other people said and phone records. It would have been so easy to give in to the shame and guilt, but I know where that would have led.

The drugs beat us up enough already, we really don't need to punish or selves even more.

Imagine if someone treated someone else the way we treat ourselves. It would be seen as cruelty and neglect. I have terrible anxiety these days and it starts at 5am and continues until I have a few hours sleep that night. It wakes me up, hectoring and badgering me with all manner of problems and then just insists I stay anxious and panicky for the day by doubting everything around me, even mt families love, even my successes. Imagine someone waking another person up to tell them how shit they are and continuing relentlessly throughout the day! I'd punch their lights out, why is it okay if I do it to myself?

My point is that we treat ourselves in ways of extreme cruelty that we wouldn't tolerate from others. If you've relapsed, okay, that's not great but its just a mistake. It's not the end of the world. In fact, it is the way of the world. Learn, always learn. What happened and what will be done differently next time?

I'm with you brother, I am battling hard atm. People have survived worse, why not us too?

Keep us posted <3

Guys he said bupe withdrawal... autocorrected to blow.

But I feel you on the anxiety thing swillow, the few good dreams I ever have are usually ended by me waking up and dwelling on the past.

Yeah I saw that. I can relate re: bupe. This is a tough one to get off.

Thanks guys. It?s brutal going thru all of this. I?m suffering. I can?t sleep. It just takes everything I have to make it one day. I feel I?m wasting my time with all of this.

Isn't everything worth doing difficult? Keep fighting man.

True. I know and lean on the fact there will be a light at the end of all of this.